Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2008, 03:17 PM

84 posts, read 409,904 times

Advertisements

I need to get new tires put on my car, I want to buy 4 new tires. However, I just moved here (Highland Park) from a small town in PA. Where would be the cheapest but most reliable place I could go to get new tires put on? They are 16's so they are going to be fairly expensive but I need somewhere reliable. Is PepBoys good (on Centre)? I need somewhere in the East End, please...but preferably not IN the ghetto. I would like to get a decent deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 03:42 PM

80 posts, read 264,242 times
It's not in the East End but Highland Tire in Natrona Heights will treat you good.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:16 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,334,091 times
NTB might have the best prices and fastest service while you wait. They are in Monroeville and North Hills. Just get the tires though as they might say you need other things that you probably don't. They should have an ad in the Sunday paper or you can get prices at their site.

NTB– Tires | Auto Repair Service |Brakes| Batteries | Wheels and More

Old 04-20-2008, 07:53 PM

20,273 posts, read 32,861,408 times
Have you considered buying tires online? Places like Tirerack can often end up being an excellent deal (they will ship somewhere local for installation).

Old 04-20-2008, 09:30 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,758,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Have you considered buying tires online? Places like Tirerack can often end up being an excellent deal (they will ship somewhere local for installation).
Both NTB and Firestone will price match Tire Rack's price on tires they carry. Find a tire you like on Tire Rack, then print out the price and bring it to the tire shop.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:53 PM

85 posts, read 518,423 times
what kind of car do you have?

my buddy has a shop in carnegie and he gets good prices on tires... let me know what kind of car you have and ill look up the size and can get you prices on tires...

the chain stores arent bad (pepboys, ntb, etc) but a lot of those guys dont care about the cars they work on. sometimes the smaller shops have competitive prices and also are good with the cars.

let me know and i can see what i can do for you.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:46 PM

20,273 posts, read 32,861,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
Both NTB and Firestone will price match Tire Rack's price on tires they carry. Find a tire you like on Tire Rack, then print out the price and bring it to the tire shop.
That is a good suggestion, but obviously one need to call ahead to make sure they carry the tires in question.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:42 AM

Dannythekid: I have a 2002 Chevy Impala. Thanks! I have no idea where Carnegie is but I suppose I could find it.

Thanks to everyone for the replies!

Old 04-27-2008, 09:53 PM

6 posts, read 33,086 times
It shocks me how loosely people use the word ghetto. If you are obviously familiar with the east end, you probably know what areas you don't feel safe in. My suggestion is to stay close to your home and make sure you don't go near the GHETTO because I hope they give you something to be scared of!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberloo View Post
It shocks me how loosely people use the word ghetto. If you are obviously familiar with the east end, you probably know what areas you don't feel safe in. My suggestion is to stay close to your home and make sure you don't go near the GHETTO because I hope they give you something to be scared of!!!
There is no reason for you to be nasty with me. I apologizing for using the word, but I grew up using it and I slipped once. So there is no reason for you to wish me harm or whatever just because I offended you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh