Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 02:39 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,447,129 times

Advertisements

Agreed on Apteka, Onion Maiden, the co op hot bar. All are very good choices.
ill throw in a fast casual option of Choolah for Indian. Good quality, decent prices and decently healthy if you choose to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2020, 02:58 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,108,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
One of my favorite places is East End Food Coop's hot/cold bar, salads, soups and some really amazing hot stuff. You have to shlep your plate through the store to the checkout and eating area though. Of course Onion Maiden is amazing even with the wait. There's also several Indian places, though avoid the creamier dishes. There's Mintt, Cafe Dehli and a place I recently discovered hidden in the hills of Monroeville called Udipi.

I really need to make a point of going over to the east end Coop, The photos did look good plus I can shop. Might head over next time my daughter comes home since she loves that food too.

Old 01-24-2020, 04:47 PM

3,298 posts, read 3,857,802 times
Beware: healthy restaurants use fats to cook and flavor food just like any other restaurant.

Old 01-24-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
Beware: healthy restaurants use fats to cook and flavor food just like any other restaurant.

Yeah I kinda figured. Still if we are going out and the food is less fat even though the prep isnt I figure it is still better. I'm not on a death watch and we eat out maybe 2 times a month. Tomorrow I am going to Smoke bbq for no meat taco's that look good minus the cheese (and I hate sour cream anyway) as my wife has wanted to for some time and we are showing houses nearby. My treat is whatever donut I always see them posting pictures of. I've been pretty strict at home the last 2 weeks. Trying to be pretty strict, tracking everything to see where my number are in 4 months when I am supposed to get retested. Will give me a baseline to work from.

Old 01-24-2020, 05:57 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,893,618 times
Alta Via has some vegetable-forward dishes.

https://altaviapgh.com/food/

I am going tomorrow and going to try to keep it light (after last Friday night at DiAnoia’s I have to) so I can let you know how it is.

Old 01-24-2020, 06:02 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,878,274 times
This list may be beneficial for you:
http://www.livewellallegheny.com/abo...y-restaurants/

Old 01-24-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Alta Via has some vegetable-forward dishes.

https://altaviapgh.com/food/

I am going tomorrow and going to try to keep it light (after last Friday night at DiAnoia’s I have to) so I can let you know how it is.

Yeah let me know, I'll keep this for a special occasions but that Brussels Sprout salad sounds delicious.

Old 01-26-2020, 09:17 AM

684 posts, read 414,994 times
Freshii (Downtown and Cranberry) is really good

Old 01-26-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post
Freshii (Downtown and Cranberry) is really good

Thanks, I will definitely check this out. We are often in Cranberry, looks like a nice informal place to eat. I didnt realize what this was just that it took Starbucks old spot.

Old 01-26-2020, 10:03 AM

Well our day ended near Lawrenceville as I mentioned after some showings (They found a house too!). We wanted to goto Smoke BBQ for a treat dinner around 4:30. Man I forget how bad parking is over there, took about 30 min to find a spot and walk a while. Anyway even at 4:30 the wait was 2hrs so we passed. I'm just getting old I guess, don't like waiting that long. We ended up hitting up Walters since it was the only place I knew I could eat semi healthy and I'm always curious on BBQ having had real, good bbq down south. I just got the smoked 1/2 chicken and removed the skin. It was actually pretty well smoked and their sauces were good. We also got 6 smoked wings as an app to split, probably the best wings I've had anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh