Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 07:30 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,535 times

Advertisements

Looks like EQT is subleasing 10 of the 15 floors in the downtown 32 story Dominion Tower. Lots of office space seems to be going vacant downtown

https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...s/202002050163
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2020, 07:39 PM

14,353 posts, read 17,030,476 times
No surprise that EQT is cutting space, since the extraction industry is now on the decline in the state.

Old 02-06-2020, 07:25 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,698,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
No surprise that EQT is cutting space, since the extraction industry is now on the decline in the state.
Yes our natural gas bill costs keep increasing.

Old 02-06-2020, 08:17 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,966,065 times
EQT is just coming out of quite a soap opera of a hostile takeover. No surprise. They laid off a ton of people right after the Rice brothers took control.

Old 02-06-2020, 05:00 PM

Yeah a lot of folks on this sub forum are against the petrochemical industry and manufacturing. Meanwhile our neighbors on the turnpike are getting a new 1 million sq. ft. Hq in their downtown. A big manufacturer by the name of Shewin Williams decided to stay and build its world HQ in downtown Cleveland. It will be 1 million sq ft, but not sure on the height. Reports are it will be 900 ft tall.

Yet our towers are emptying out and being subleased in downtown Pittsburgh.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sherw...y-in-cleveland

Old 02-06-2020, 06:43 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Yeah a lot of folks on this sub forum are against the petrochemical industry and manufacturing. Meanwhile our neighbors on the turnpike are getting a new 1 million sq. ft. Hq in their downtown. A big manufacturer by the name of Shewin Williams decided to stay and build its world HQ in downtown Cleveland. It will be 1 million sq ft, but not sure on the height. Reports are it will be 900 ft tall.

Yet our towers are emptying out and being subleased in downtown Pittsburgh.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sherw...y-in-cleveland

Yawning

I can confidently say that Pittsburgh's office vacancy rate is less than Cleveland.

Old 02-06-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Yawning

I can confidently say that Pittsburgh's office vacancy rate is less than Cleveland.
Really? Do you have stats to back it up?

I have no problems with our football rivals doing some good things with their city. It gets such a bad rep, but I have visited there a lot and I think there are a lot of good things about the city of Cleveland and some things are better than the city of Pittsburgh.

A 1 million sq ft. Office HQ going in a downtown of a rust belt city is a significant and newsworthy event.

Pittsburgh is getting a new HQ highrise on a smaller scale in FNB although I’m not sure if that is officially downtown.

Old 02-06-2020, 08:26 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,917,912 times
Quote:

I have no problems with our football rivals doing some good things with their city. It gets such a bad rep, but I have visited there a lot and I think there are a lot of good things about the city of Cleveland and some things are better than the city of Pittsburgh.

A 1 million sq ft. Office HQ going in a downtown of a rust belt city is a significant and newsworthy event.

Pittsburgh is getting a new HQ highrise on a smaller scale in FNB although I’m not sure if that is officially downtown.
Their headquarters was already downtown, this is simply a new building(s). This is really not all that significant of an event outside of the fact that they are staying in Cleveland (although the tax incentives are said to be the largest ever in Cleveland). Although spread across multiple buildings PNC has around 3MM square feet of office space in downtown Pittsburgh. The Tower at PNC is 800k alone, so not the different than what Sherwin Williams just announced.

Old 02-07-2020, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Their headquarters was already downtown, this is simply a new building(s). This is really not all that significant of an event outside of the fact that they are staying in Cleveland (although the tax incentives are said to be the largest ever in Cleveland). Although spread across multiple buildings PNC has around 3MM square feet of office space in downtown Pittsburgh. The Tower at PNC is 800k alone, so not the different than what Sherwin Williams just announced.
Dont get me wrong. I love Cleveland and the new headquarters will add to the lack luster skyline. Cleveland's downtown is not that comfortable to walk in. There are too many open spaces and no real connections to the waterfront. In addition Pittsburgh is leaps and bounds ahead of Cleveland when it comes to inner city neighborhood development. Cleveland's public transportation system is above average for a mid sized city.

Old 02-07-2020, 04:12 AM

Quote:

After you provide stats supporting your claim about Pittsburgh's class A office space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh