Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 07:11 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,519,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghSportsGuy420 View Post
I had a Riverhounds ticket book for this year, it's a lot of fun to go to games down in Station Square and it's a fun crowd. Cheap Saturday fun.

I don't know the slightest thing about soccer compared to a lifetime of watching baseball, but baseball is rapidly turning into all-or-nothing stuff. Might as well leave the other three bases in storage. I've been watching Cricket instead.
Riverhounds games are great! Would really love to see the team promoted to MLS eventually. Never too late to become a soccer fan. It’s a daunting world but always welcoming. I was almost 30 when I started following MLS and the premier league, then it took a year to understand the leagues, choose teams to support, etc.

That being said and to remain on topic, I will tune into the game tonight. Maybe crack open an Iron City and pray for entertainment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2020, 07:26 AM

806 posts, read 260,245 times
Watch what you wish for, Cincinnati hasn't been too sharp since being promoted.

Tuffy Shallenberger (Riverhounds owner) bought the land around the stadium in Station Square and clearly intends to expand the stadium, though, so that's what he's after.

It's nice to see a sports team owner who derives his income from other sources and sees the team as a hobby to be won, though.. *cough*

Old 07-24-2020, 11:48 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Watched some of the Yankees / Washington game yesterday. Boring as sin. At one point there were five strike-outs in a row. Strike-outs used to be an embarrassment, and now no one bothers putting the ball into play. Turned it off after the third.
Lol. Hence the talk of moving the mound and creating more offense.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. Hence the talk of moving the mound and creating more offense.
The problem isn't the lack of offense, it's the kind of offense.

All the offense up until I turned the game off came on home runs.

That's boring.

Put the ball in play or get rid of the other three bases and play Americanized cricket already.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:02 PM

Quote:
The problem isn't the lack of offense, it's the kind of offense.

All the offense up until I turned the game off came on home runs.

That's boring.

Put the ball in play or get rid of the other three bases and play Americanized cricket already.
That’s your opinion. The majority digs the long ball. Nevertheless, another Bucs spanking with unfortunately many more to come.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
That’s your opinion. The majority digs the long ball. Nevertheless, another Bucs spanking with unfortunately many more to come.
The majority does not and will not dig two home runs mixed in with 11 consecutive strikeouts over the course of a game.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
The majority does not and will not dig two home runs mixed in with 11 consecutive strikeouts over the course of a game.
It’s funny that you think you’re in the majority

Old 07-24-2020, 10:15 PM

Casual fans want action. Five strike outs in a row isn't action.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Casual fans want action. Five strike outs in a row isn't action.
Better stick with cricket or you’re going to have a bad day watching MLB.

Old 07-25-2020, 02:08 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
Pirates are trying keep people interested. I ordered one group outing for this year, obviously cancelled. The other day I received a package with bobbleheads, T shirts, sweat shirts, nylon bags, and stuff n'at.
Guess they have a lot of merch to get rid of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh