Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2020, 05:25 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,915,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Was this supposed to show something? I mean I would expect this and it doesnt mean the disease is spreading rapidly here. I mean it could be but this doesnt mean that. They didn't start testing until recently and testing capacity is ramping up. More testing means more already existing cases would be showing up. It has been here much longer than this too, my wife said a friend's son here was every sick in early feb, high fever, dry cough, trouble breathing. They tested him for everything and nothing came up positive so they kept him for 2 days to make sure he would be ok then released once he was better.

It's pretty evident what I'm showing? Its not supposed to "mean" anything. Just showing cases per day in Pennsylvania and it's metropolitan areas

Old 03-18-2020, 05:29 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,129,168 times
People just do not seem to get state rights. In any disaster the federal government is limited until a state asks for help then the state has to agree on the type of help. Don't like that, doesn't matter it is a foundation of our government.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
It's pretty evident what I'm showing? Its not supposed to "mean" anything. Just showing cases per day in Pennsylvania and it's metropolitan areas

If it doesn't "mean" anything then why bother. Graphs are used for a specific purpose not to just show a numbers. You are causing people to infer a trend without good data.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:40 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,915,255 times
Quote:
If it doesn't "mean" anything then why bother. Graphs are used for a specific purpose not to just show a numbers. You are causing people to infer a trend without good data.
1. There is a purpose. These are the PA health departments numbers per day-county organized. Shows the amount of cases across the state/region. I said it doesn't "mean" anything in the sense i don't have ulterior motive like you seem to be insinuating.

2. It's data from the PA department of health. They don't have good data? Where should I be looking then?

Old 03-18-2020, 05:51 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
Quote:
People just do not seem to get state rights. In any disaster the federal government is limited until a state asks for help then the state has to agree on the type of help. Don't like that, doesn't matter it is a foundation of our government.
well, yeah, but you have to consider people post stuff just because they hate all things good or positive aspects of this country. they are self-miserable and just...hate, but its targeted and avoids certain special status groups or individuals.

short version - they were picked last in gym class and never got over it.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:55 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,955,059 times
Quote:
It’s always the people who learned two things in civics class who are the most smug. The president has extraordinary emergency powers. This guy failed to act.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
1. There is a purpose. These are the PA health departments numbers per day-county organized. Shows the amount of cases across the state/region. I said it doesn't "mean" anything in the sense i don't have ulterior motive like you seem to be insinuating.

2. It's data from the PA department of health. They don't have good data? Where should I be looking then?

If you don't get it then you just don't get it.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
It’s always the people who learned two things in civics class who are the most smug. The president has extraordinary emergency powers. This guy failed to act.

Yes and so does Congress and the states can do much more themselves. Read a little more from google. This is not a disease that will kill 50% of the population, it does not warrant Trump declaring marshal law. I can only imagine the response if he tried and the panic. I am talking about the basics of government, its not easy to exercise extremes nor is it in the best interest

Old 03-18-2020, 06:05 PM

141 posts, read 140,824 times
A friend on Facebook shared a link in regards to the likelihood of 50% of Allegheny County being infected. I don't live there anymore but I hope every one of y'all and your families stays safe, happy, and healthy.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:08 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,955,059 times
Quote:
Yes and so does Congress and the states can do much more themselves. Read a little more from google. This is not a disease that will kill 50% of the population, it does not warrant Trump declaring marshal law. I can only imagine the response if he tried and the panic. I am talking about the basics of government, its not easy to exercise extremes nor is it in the best interest
If 50% of the population contract this disease, and it has a .8% mortality rate, 1.5 million people will die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies