Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2020, 01:16 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,169,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
The graph is way off and for the most part meaningless because we just started testing. The Pittsburgh area is doing pretty good. The many doctors I know say there is nothing going on much. They keep thinking it is going to hit, but maybe it won’t.
Who are these doctors and what is their practice?

Old 03-24-2020, 01:18 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,937,935 times
Has anyone noticed some people driving like idiots and really breaking the law? I have been seeing some crazy crap.

Old 03-24-2020, 01:28 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,680,905 times
Does this push a lot of companies in Pittsburgh to decentralize and allow people to work from home? This may not just be Pittsburgh, but nationally and globally.

Do we need downtown high rises, suburban office parks and office clusters to complete our work? Granted not all jobs are going to be able to, but what percentage of jobs in downtown Pittsburgh really need an office with today’s technology? It would be neat to see some numbers and what percentage could allow you to work remote permanently.

It makes sense for more companies to probably explore this, given this event.

Can you work a job in Pittsburgh and live in Erie or Clarion from a home office?

Old 03-24-2020, 01:31 PM

14,351 posts, read 16,998,549 times
Quote:
The graph is way off and for the most part meaningless because we just started testing. The Pittsburgh area is doing pretty good. The many doctors I know say there is nothing going on much. They keep thinking it is going to hit, but maybe it won’t.
We're probably like a week out from Philly in terms of cases absolutely exploding here.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:15 PM

35 posts, read 22,952 times
Quote:
Has anyone noticed some people driving like idiots and really breaking the law? I have been seeing some crazy crap.
28 is wide open weeeeeeeeee

Old 03-24-2020, 06:22 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,912,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
We're probably like a week out from Philly in terms of cases absolutely exploding here.
Yup, exactly my point.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:57 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Ha, ha. Seriously you need to yield. I know a ton fo people in the medical field and we are in amazing shape in our region. We should just be thankful.

I realize you are trying to scare people to stay in. That is good, but I think we need to be truthful.

This thing is going to be next to nothing in our area if we are doing what we are told. When the temperature rises we have a good chance to beat this thing down to nothing. I understand they tell us it might not be that way, but those of us in the know, it will go away a lot in mid June.

Good luck all. Glad I could try and bring some sense to this forum as I realize you people rely on my vast knowledge.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:11 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,169,340 times
Quote:
Ha, ha. Seriously you need to yield. I know a ton fo people in the medical field and we are in amazing shape in our region. We should just be thankful.

I realize you are trying to scare people to stay in. That is good, but I think we need to be truthful.

This thing is going to be next to nothing in our area if we are doing what we are told. When the temperature rises we have a good chance to beat this thing down to nothing. I understand they tell us it might not be that way, but those of us in the know, it will go away a lot in mid June.

Good luck all. Glad I could try and bring some sense to this forum as I realize you people rely on my vast knowledge.
Who are these people in the medical field and what knowledge to you have in regards to it? You previously said that you know doctors who are expecting it to “hit”.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:41 PM
gg

This message is hidden because erieguy is on your ignore list.

Ha, ha, ha, ha. I laugh every time I see it. Hilarious and you still follow me around.

Ha, ha, ha

Old 03-24-2020, 07:47 PM
gg

Quote:
Just a warning. I noticed it is a very different vibe around here. You know I am always ahead of the curve. I am telling you be careful. Just another amazing public service from someone with an IQ much higher than others here. No offense.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...-with-vehicle/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies