Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2020, 09:07 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
They're now trying to ramp up production. Everyone knows that widespread testing, and universal mask use will slow this thing down. The question of course, is how much, which would determine how much back to normal we could get. I'm guessing we could get back to most jobs. School would be iffy, and sports with crowds would be last on the list. You wouldn't catch me at a game, that's for sure.
Games will be played without fans asap until it’s over which was the original plan. People are begging for sports and the ratings and betting $$$ will be huge.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:12 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
The White House had that info, they thought it was a hoax.
Um, I think they knew we didn't have nearly enough masks for the people. Keep in mind China has a billion more people than we have. China makes the masks and they are going to keep them. We don't produce anything. Get with it here! It has nothing to do with hoax, it has to do with we don't produce things, so we get what is left over after over a billion more people have what they want first. Welcome to what we created for ourselves. Make nothing and get what is left over. Serves us right!

Old 03-31-2020, 09:16 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Whoever is in office during a major disaster is in a no win situation. People are saying he should have shut down every state at the very start, you would have had people screaming on every level and also issue w/ state rights. Just like I think Obama did as best as expected so is Trump, no one can prepare for the extremes. If you tried you would guarantee failure overall.
Correct. You can't prepare for such a thing and if you do, you aren't overly bright because where are you getting resources for an extreme case like this. People just are going to promote some moronic agenda and lets face it, most people are so dumbed down they will fall for it all as they want to be part of their dumbed down echo-chamber.

It is what it is. Welcome to the cyber dopes era. I am glad I am still in Gen X as we actually can think.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:18 PM
gg

I have seen a lot of masks around and other than the Asians that seem to know how to use them, no one else learned how. I have seen a lot not on correctly, some people putting them in their purse and pulling them back out, some flipping them up on thier head and then putting them back on and so-on.

"merica! Morons!

Old 03-31-2020, 09:47 PM

2,269 posts, read 3,801,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I have seen a lot of masks around and other than the Asians that seem to know how to use them, no one else learned how. I have seen a lot not on correctly, some people putting them in their purse and pulling them back out, some flipping them up on thier head and then putting them back on and so-on.

"merica! Morons!

I have a P100. It's hard to breathe in it, but if air has a hard time getting in, I guess the coronavirus does too. One thing's for sure, I'm putting it on when I go shopping.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:51 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,131,042 times
Maybe someone with more knowledge of season timing of north vs south hemispheres. If you look at this map it sure seems more red north than south? North is just switching to a warmer season while the south had been warmer?

Old 04-01-2020, 06:16 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,121 times
The Ohio State University is developing a COVID-19 test that can complete in 5-hrs. This looks to help Pittsburgh where people are waiting a long time.

https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...s/202003310073

Old 04-01-2020, 06:40 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,131,042 times
Why wait 5 hrs, get it in 15 min.

https://q13fox.com/2020/03/30/rapid-...issioner-says/

Old 04-01-2020, 07:50 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Maybe someone with more knowledge of season timing of north vs south hemispheres. If you look at this map it sure seems more red north than south? North is just switching to a warmer season while the south had been warmer?
Quote:
Police violence has marred the first days of South Africa’s pandemic lockdown as officers unleashed water cannon and rubber bullets against the country’s poorest people, who have struggled to maintain social distancing in crowded slums and townships.

South Africa’s lockdown has been launched with tighter strictures than other countries, including bans on any sales of alcohol and cigarettes and exercise outside the home.

https://www.ft.com/content/bad47729-...a-27506158f023
Quote:
South Africa has among the world's highest rates of HIV infection, and those immune-compromised individuals are especially vulnerable to the COVID-19 respiratory disease. The country also has a large number of people with tuberculosis. As NPR's Jason Beaubien reported last week, "It's not known exactly how COVID-19 would play out in TB patients, but piling a second respiratory disease on top of TB could be devastating."
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-week-lockdown
Quote:
On March 8, when COVID-19 claimed its first victim in Argentina, Mongelos and her neighbours in Monte Grande still saw it as a disease of the elderly and rich who had returned from trips abroad, mainly from Europe. They were more worried about dengue fever - a mosquito-borne viral infection that flourishes in poor urban areas.

Then COVID-19 cases started spreading rapidly, grinding businesses to a halt. The government went from shuttering schools for 15 days and closing borders to non-resident foreigners to ordering mandatory isolation on March 20.

Everyone must stay home now. People are only allowed to venture outside to buy basic goods, such as food and medicine. Pharmacies, grocery stores and supermarkets are still open - but police are out on the streets, stopping those who have no valid reason to be out. Only journalists, healthcare professionals and people working in the food, pharmaceutical and oil industries can go to work.
https://www.aljazeera.com/ajimpact/200326173500153.html
Its definitely wreaking havoc in the southern hemisphere too.

Old 04-01-2020, 03:47 PM
gg

PA liquor stores are going to open for on line shopping. I doubt I will get anything from them at this time. I might boycott them for a while. They could have just stayed open and limited people and took precautions. Beer distributors are open and Giant Eagle and so-on can sell wine and beer. If you are going to be a monopoly, then you need to service people. Just do it in an orderly fashion. The place I have been going in the Strip has on line ordering and you just pick it up. You never even enter the place. Anything government run is a joke.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...-pennsylvania/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies