Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2020, 10:27 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,131,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I’m wagering distillery talk, but certainly look forward to hearing about you hunting down a Target customer who isn’t nice to the staff.
Na, went to the distillery but I didnt get anything. My son wanted a bottle to try and my wife got a bottle of some pineapple mango moonshine which I am sure is way to sweet for me. Just my normal insomnia is all that is going on. I don't drink often, my 1 bottle of bourbon will last me however long this all goes on. And just a little fed up with how people are treating those working.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:34 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Na, went to the distillery but I didnt get anything. My son wanted a bottle to try and my wife got a bottle of some pineapple mango moonshine which I am sure is way to sweet for me. Just my normal insomnia is all that is going on. I don't drink often, my 1 bottle of bourbon will last me however long this all goes on. And just a little fed up with how people are treating those working.
That kind of normal insomnia talk sounds like a good way to get oneself and business in trouble.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:51 PM

Quote:
That kind of normal insomnia talk sounds like a good way to get oneself and business in trouble.

Not really worried about it, most people w/ common sense know when someone says something like that it's just a figure of speech like someone saying they are so angry they could explode. Pretty sure they aren't full of TNT and ready to go off like a old bugs bunny cartoon. If not, really wouldnt want to work with them anyway.

But it is frustrating that people will go into stores where workers are risking exposure and make a living to provide a service needed just for someone to accuse them of hoarding the TP and sanitizers to sell them for profit. My Daughter doesnt need to be there but they asked her to help since she is home from college, it is more the rest of the staff that rely on those jobs yet they could be sitting at home collecting unemployment which would actually pay them more given the $600 extra being handed out.

Last edited by Knepper3; 04-09-2020 at 12:01 AM..

Old 04-09-2020, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Not really worried about it, most people w/ common sense know when someone says something like that it's just a figure of speech like someone saying they are so angry they could explode. Pretty sure they aren't full of TNT and ready to go off like a old bugs bunny cartoon. If not, really wouldnt want to work with them anyway.

But it is frustrating that people will go into stores where workers are risking exposure and make a living to provide a service needed just for someone to accuse them of hoarding the TP and sanitizers to sell them for profit. My Daughter doesnt need to be there but they asked her to help since she is home from college, it is more the rest of the staff that rely on those jobs yet they could be sitting at home collecting unemployment which would actually pay them more given the $600 extra being handed out.
Interesting. Imo most people with common sense wouldn’t talk in such a way that their family was in the garbage business, one would hunt someone down, or one would say that their family member would make someone regret something. While I smelled nonsense from the beginning, not everyone would see it that way.

The hoarding and selling for profit days are over. The hoarders can’t even return what they have to some stores.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Interesting. Imo most people with common sense wouldn’t talk in such a way that their family was in the garbage business, one would hunt someone down, or one would say that their family member would make someone regret something. While I smelled nonsense from the beginning, not everyone would see it that way.

The hoarding and selling for profit days are over. The hoarders can’t even return what they have to some stores.

Doesn't stop many people from coming into stores accusing staff of hoarding things for themselves or getting irate about such policies of not returning things. Sadly the longer this goes on the more people will get frustrated, irritable, and possibly more aggressive which thankfully my daughter could just leave and pick up more hours at her other job until hopefully classes return to normal in fall.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:35 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,053 times
Quote:
I know this is not an easy thing to manage but our state leadership is just horrible, luckily for him he's not up for reelection. Liquor stores while annoying that we are a backward state is really to me unimportant. What I find horrible is the lack of clarity in anything that is done and the constant changing of his mind on rules. Which businesses are ok has changed multiple times then a waiver process was put in place since his declaration was to broad, then the state could not handle the waiver process so they just canceled it giving no recourse. Then I have been seeing various companies receiving notices that their approved waivers are not reconsidered and no longer valid. And also slowly closing the state down a little at a time.

Top it of w/ the changing guidance on what dates things are allow to finish also keep changing. Originally it was from the time of the county closures and then today that was just backdated. Guidance is also not consistent, appraisers can work if only going to the outside of a home but take someone who does GIS mapping or other outside work alone, that is not allowed.
Bingo. Wish I had more rep to give you.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Doesn't stop many people from coming into stores accusing staff of hoarding things for themselves or getting irate about such policies of not returning things. Sadly the longer this goes on the more people will get frustrated, irritable, and possibly more aggressive which thankfully my daughter could just leave and pick up more hours at her other job until hopefully classes return to normal in fall.
Sounds like the job isn’t for her.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3

Sounds like the job isn’t for her.Sounds like the job isn’t for her.

Sounds like it isn't the job for anyone. You act like they should just accept poor treatment. Most of the staff there are people working hard to support their families and many have had hard times. Not everyone has the option to stop work for a few months or even weeks. They are putting themselves at risk for less than what many will be making on unemployment. It is a service they are providing, maybe not in health care but they also don't have the option to leave and collect unemployment. UE is clear that if your business is open and you are not sick you are not eligible.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Sounds like it isn't the job for anyone. You act like they should just accept poor treatment. Most of the staff there are people working hard to support their families and many have had hard times. Not everyone has the option to stop work for a few months or even weeks. They are putting themselves at risk for less than what many will be making on unemployment. It is a service they are providing, maybe not in health care but they also don't have the option to leave and collect unemployment. UE is clear that if your business is open and you are not sick you are not eligible.
I’m saying it’s not the job for everyone. Some people can handle the attitudes with retail and dealing with the public and some people can’t. It’s not an easy thing to do.

You said she has another job where she can pick up hours. Sounds like the best option for her.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I’m saying it’s not the job for everyone. Some people can handle the attitudes with retail and dealing with the public and some people can’t. It’s not an easy thing to do.
And nowhere did I say she can't handle it. I said she should not have to nor should anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies