Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 02:50 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Bought take out from our local favorite restaurant last night. Been purchasing breakfast rolls from our favorite bakery and delivering those to our elderly friends and relatives that are housebound. It's gonna be real tough for a lot of people in the upcoming months.
Bingo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2020, 03:06 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,131,490 times
Yup, about to run to Sams to see if they have a few things my mom needs and then grab some takeout too.

Old 03-30-2020, 03:33 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
You were recently complaining about you and your partner having to go to work and now you’re complaining about the amount you’re getting. There’s people who would love to be working and making money.

So entitlement is why you’re always comparing what other people/places are doing/getting? Why not go somewhere where these places are better? Are you donating all of the paltry $2400?
Why do YOU do NOTHING on this sub-forum other than try to bait ME into arguments? You’re the very definition of a troll.

Old 03-30-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Why do YOU do NOTHING on this sub-forum other than try to bait ME into arguments? You’re the very definition of a troll.
I’m not baiting you into anything. I told the absolute truth about what you’ve said and asked questions as to your complaints. You’re the very definition of entitlement.

Old 03-30-2020, 04:39 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,917,912 times
Quote:
Put him on ignore and don’t let him get to you. It’s simple and saves you the frustration.

I would also recommend the Forager pizza from Iron Born. I got it for pick up on Saturday night, and it was simply amazing.

Old 03-30-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Put him on ignore and don’t let him get to you. It’s simple and saves you the frustration.

I would also recommend the Forager pizza from Iron Born. I got it for pick up on Saturday night, and it was simply amazing.
Or face the truth and one won’t get so frustrated with their own complaints, especially during a pandemic.

I would also suggest what Copanut did and support local.

Old 03-30-2020, 05:24 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post

duly noted! but, are they coming to the car with an order? that is a safe way - many chains are doing that.

Old 03-30-2020, 05:31 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
duly noted! but, are they coming to the car with an order? that is a safe way - many chains are doing that.
My pizza spot and bakery do that. AND I always tip in cash.

Old 03-30-2020, 05:43 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,917,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
Order online, pay online, and when i went down around 6:30 on Saturday there was ample parking and the door was propped open so you dont have to touch anything. I was the only one there, I simply shouted my name and was handed my pizza with an extended arm. It may be busier at other times but there really is no reason to linger, since they text you when it is ready you can sit in the car until you receive the text. They are also on Grubhub.

I believe I have had the same GrubHub delivery guy two weekends in a row, once for Katana and once for Aladdin’s. He sets it on the porch and runs back to his car, but waits to see if you heard him. I didn’t the first time he knocked so he runs back, knocks on the door, and then runs back to his car. Finally when I opened I got a huge smile and a thumbs up.

I also recommend the soups from Menuette for any of you in the South Hills. Today was the first delivery, and the chicken and dumpling was amazing.

FYI I am going to be huge by the time this thing is over, but you gotta support your local restaurants if you want them to make it thru this. Remember to order often, and tip well.

Old 03-30-2020, 06:43 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,535 times
Quote:
Thank you, PghYinzer, for initiating this thread!

My fiance and I feel blessed. While many are now out of work without pay (and still have to wait WEEKS for their paltry $1,200 Federal stimulus checks) we are both SO essential to our employers that we're working MORE hours at our jobs, which means our incoming $2,400 combined will be gravy money (pun intended). As such we're looking for local causes we can help donate some of the funds towards.

The Virtual Tip Jar is such an excellent idea! I'm also planning to order some delivery from local restaurants this week.
People should be thankful they are getting anything. There is a reason why unemployment exists and people pay into it. This giveaway is an extra. If it was me, I do not see a reason to give any stimulus more than unemployment. The government is just printing money and giving it to people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh