Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 07:38 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,684,713 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know how large we are as far as GDP? We are not in the top 31 counties for GDP. I posted this because 31 counties make up 1/3 of the entire US GDP. I wonder how this virus will affect our GDP and the others in the list.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...tion-counties/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2020, 10:03 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,960,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Does anybody know how large we are as far as GDP? We are not in the top 31 counties for GDP. I posted this because 31 counties make up 1/3 of the entire US GDP. I wonder how this virus will affect our GDP and the others in the list.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...tion-counties/
A quick google puts Allegheny County’s gdp equal to Cuyahoga County’s. Somehow, Cuyahoga is on that map, but Allegheny isn’t.

Old 04-20-2020, 11:10 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
A quick google puts Allegheny County’s gdp equal to Cuyahoga County’s. Somehow, Cuyahoga is on that map, but Allegheny isn’t.
yeah, i was pretty shocked that Cuyahoga County was one of the top wealth producing counties. I suspect that they are including the metro area in general - despite the problems faced over the last decade, that still IS a heavy industry powerhouse, isn't it (cars, rubber, etc.)?

Cuyahoga County itself is dynamic outside of Cleveland and its few depressed inner suburbs. We have more people, metro wide, though. The difference MUST be the industry (compared to our mostly tech, hospitals, and higher education employers).....

Old 04-20-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
yeah, i was pretty shocked that Cuyahoga County was one of the top wealth producing counties. I suspect that they are including the metro area in general - despite the problems faced over the last decade, that still IS a heavy industry powerhouse, isn't it (cars, rubber, etc.)?

Cuyahoga County itself is dynamic outside of Cleveland and its few depressed inner suburbs. We have more people, metro wide, though. The difference MUST be the industry (compared to our mostly tech, hospitals, and higher education employers).....
Allegheny GDP 85.9 billion
Cuyahoga 87.7billion

Cuyahoga GDP is more than Allegheny. I don’t know why people are surprised at that. There are a lot of global businesses up there like Parker Hannifin, Sherwin Williams, Progressive Insurance to name a few.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cle...outputType=amp

Old 04-20-2020, 12:13 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,130,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Allegheny GDP 85.9 billion
Cuyahoga 87.7billion

Cuyahoga GDP is more than Allegheny. I don’t know why people are surprised at that. There are a lot of global businesses up there like Parker Hannifin, Sherwin Williams, Progressive Insurance to name a few.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cle...outputType=amp

Callahan Auto's main distribution center for their new brake pads is around there.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:06 PM

70 posts, read 31,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Callahan Auto's main distribution center for their new brake pads is around there.

Old 04-20-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:
LOL ok tommy boy.

Amazon has two large distribution centers that just opened in Cuyahoga County.

Parker Hannifin makes parts that go in pretty much everything. They probably have 8-10 plants in PA, but only one in Pittsburgh.

Plus PNC is pretty much has Cleveland as a dual HQ nowadays. Not surprised they are a nudge more than
We are.

Old 04-20-2020, 05:36 PM

994 posts, read 501,782 times
Quote:
Cuyahoga GDP is more than Allegheny. I don’t know why people are surprised at that.
Probably because of the comparable stats of the counties.

Old 04-20-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_P View Post
Probably because of the comparable stats of the counties.
Lol what comparable stats are those?

Old 04-20-2020, 06:21 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,042,314 times
Quote:
Heard Zalinsky finally made their move, its all moving to Chicago.

As for the GDP per county number, its all on how you draw the county line right? Which was like over 150 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh