Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 01:25 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post
It's like talking to a toddler. I tried to explain the flaws behind your number, but you're either too stupid to grasp it or too ignorant to read it. (I'm guessing the latter, but not discounting the former).

Either way, there's not a lot more I can do. I can read it for you, but I can't understand it for you.

You're on your own on this one buddy.
Nice post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 01:28 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Nice post.
Very few facts are given when the truth is unpopular, but I’d still like to know the answers.

Last edited by erieguy; 04-23-2020 at 01:44 PM..

Old 04-23-2020, 03:21 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,684,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Very few facts are given when the truth is unpopular, but I’d still like to know the answers.
Facts are unpopular. However CNN is starting to sound a different tone. 14 percent of 3,000 New Yorkers tested positive for virus antibodies. Meaning they survived! They are also adjusting timelines. Saying the virus has been here for months. Before social distancing and before shutdowns in place. This is even more evidence the virus isn’t doomsday and shutdowns are happening on purpose to collapse economies and frighten people into becoming obedient to the government.

This whole thing was for show. Now we are talking about how bad it will be in winter. What a joke...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/healt...day/index.html

Old 04-23-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Facts are unpopular. However CNN is starting to sound a different tone. 14 percent of 3,000 New Yorkers tested positive for virus antibodies. Meaning they survived! They are also adjusting timelines. Saying the virus has been here for months. Before social distancing and before shutdowns in place. This is even more evidence the virus isn’t doomsday and shutdowns are happening on purpose to collapse economies and frighten people into becoming obedient to the government.

This whole thing was for show. Now we are talking about how bad it will be in winter. What a joke...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/healt...day/index.html
Any many still believe this is all the cause of a bat.

I saw that. Eventually, facts have to be faced. Sadly, so much media damage has been done.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...reaks/2386556/

Last edited by erieguy; 04-23-2020 at 04:47 PM..

Old 04-23-2020, 04:04 PM

994 posts, read 501,713 times
Quote:
The entire basis of your question is built on simple naive flawed logic, utilizing incorrect numbers.
Bingo.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
This is even more evidence the virus isn’t doomsday and shutdowns are happening on purpose to collapse economies and frighten people into becoming obedient to the government.
I don't think humans are smart enough for that yet, but I do feel we need to make sure there is no huge shift in power due to this. Best to stay focused and watch, but I still don't think we are smart enough to send out a virus to gain control. Especially one that we could just let it rip if we really wanted to. It would be ugly for a couple of months and die down fast.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:53 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
Quote:
I don't think we have much Fox News watchers on here. Maybe Copanut and erie. This is a very moderate group with several extreme left types that can't seem to grasp real life.

I watch both slanted news networks, read 4 newspapers on-line, and keep in touch with quite a few nurses.

Old 04-23-2020, 05:00 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,684,432 times
Quote:
I don't think humans are smart enough for that yet, but I do feel we need to make sure there is no huge shift in power due to this. Best to stay focused and watch, but I still don't think we are smart enough to send out a virus to gain control. Especially one that we could just let it rip if we really wanted to. It would be ugly for a couple of months and die down fast.
Most people can’t think that deep. I bought into the hype of this being a doomsday disease at first, but then the numbers everywhere, even internationally don’t support it.

While I agree this virus is real and can kill you if you are elderly or really have a weak immune system it isn’t doomsday either. The numbers don’t support nor do they add up to it.

If the Chinese are being honest this virus was here and being passed from person to person before the holidays. My nephew had pneumonia, my sister had all of the symptoms of this back in December. I had the symptoms of this for 5 days in early February. I have t been tested. I am fine and feel great. We have been letting it rip weeks and probably months before. This probably peaked in January or February.

Why this is happening now and we are locked down I don’t know. I think it had a lot todo with pushing world economies down, getting rid of leaders, allowing wealthy to gain more assets on the cheap while the population becomes obedient and more dependent on the govt.

Even Fauci wavered in how bad this would be in January. Granted it is happening for a reason. The numbers just don’t support the extreme measures we are now taking. Especially if we were letting it rip months and weeks before according to data now being released.

Old 04-23-2020, 05:04 PM

Fauci has proven to be a clown and China certainly can’t be trusted. I’m still LMAO at it all being blamed on a bat.

Old 04-23-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
If the Chinese are being honest this virus was here and being passed from person to person before the holidays. My nephew had pneumonia, my sister had all of the symptoms of this back in December. I had the symptoms of this for 5 days in early February. I have t been tested. I am fine and feel great. We have been letting it rip weeks and probably months before. This probably peaked in January or February.

Why this is happening now and we are locked down I don’t know. I think it had a lot todo with pushing world economies down, getting rid of leaders, allowing wealthy to gain more assets on the cheap while the population becomes obedient and more dependent on the govt.

Even Fauci wavered in how bad this would be in January. Granted it is happening for a reason. The numbers just don’t support the extreme measures we are now taking. Especially if we were letting it rip months and weeks before according to data now being released.
There are a LOT of people that think we were letting it rip for months before the hype and statistics started to be a focus. Believe me, you are not alone. I am not sure either way, but I think we would know one heck of a lot more if we had antibody tests going on a fast scale and I think those tests are more important than the coronavirus tests themselves because I do feel many people can't get it or if they do, it does about nothing to them.

It is best to keep an open mind about it all. I don't think we were wrong for slowing everything down to a halt until we have an understanding what is going on. We don't want entire cities crushed by this because so many get it all at once, but I feel it is time to open things back up for the most part. Not restaurants/bars though. It is too hard to take correct measures in them.

I also don't think people running around with this hindsight thing going on for political gain. I find it pretty pathetic. I have seen a lot of crap going against Trump on the TV and it makes me want to vote for him more. I don't fall for that garbage very easily, but I vote on policy and he might get my vote. Long way away however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh