Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 11:50 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Don't get smart. You wouldn't mouth off to anyone in real life, so don't do it hiding behind a computer. You come on the internet and talk trash about how pro-lockdown you are and badmouth anyone who isn't, then you talk about how you go out in public everyday. You're not a "stay home" person, and that's that. "Staying home" means that you stay at home, not that you leave your house and go somewhere every day.
Bingo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 02:29 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post
Dude, you're the one posturing here, talking about face to face. It's an old, tired, boring online trope.

So tell me, do you really think a stay at home order means that you're not allowed to leave your house to get food, or to go to the hospital if you cut your finger off or something? Are you really that thick that you think that's the case?
Who said anything about not being allowed? You’re the one that’s insisted most everything should be shut down and most everyone should stay home.

Old 05-11-2020, 03:13 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
Dude, you're the one posturing here, talking about face to face. It's an old, tired, boring online trope.

So tell me, do you really think a stay at home order means that you're not allowed to leave your house to get food, or to go to the hospital if you cut your finger off or something? Are you really that thick that you think that's the case?
I wouldn't know about that, because I don't put myself in a position to be called be called a "keyword warrior" often. And if you do, and you don't see what's wrong with that, well, there's nothing that I can tell you. And why would I care about boring you? I don't like you. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

This whole argument is stupid. No one's talking about having their finger cut off. You said that you leave your house every day to go somewhere, seemingly the park. So I said that aren't staying home every day. And then you spazzed out. Whatever.

Some people are losing their livelihoods over this. And you can't even sacrifice going to the park every day. You're a real stay-at-home-hero, let me tell you.

Last edited by fat lou; 05-11-2020 at 03:30 PM..

Old 05-12-2020, 06:04 AM

684 posts, read 419,553 times
Quote:
I wouldn't know about that, because I don't put myself in a position to be called be called a "keyword warrior" often. And if you do, and you don't see what's wrong with that, well, there's nothing that I can tell you. And why would I care about boring you? I don't like you. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

This whole argument is stupid. No one's talking about having their finger cut off. You said that you leave your house every day to go somewhere, seemingly the park. So I said that aren't staying home every day. And then you spazzed out. Whatever.

Some people are losing their livelihoods over this. And you can't even sacrifice going to the park every day. You're a real stay-at-home-hero, let me tell you.
I never said I was staying home every day.

I was responding to someone else, and you started a petty argument with me. YaYa6119 was asking whether this was the new normal, and said that people aren't able to leave their homes, with war rationing and not being able to get out of the house for fresh air and exercise. He was painting an picture that just wasn't true, and misrepresenting what the state of the world is today. I simply replied that what he was proffering was in fact not the case. I'm happy to post the quotes here if you don't feel like clicking the page back button a few times.

After that, you claimed I was a "STAY HOME!!!" person, whatever that is. I assume you mean I'm one who supports limited business being open, and limited contact, which I am. If you thought otherwise, consider this an opportunity for me to correct you.

In any event, there's no "spazzing out here". You're the one talking about "mouthing off", "hiding behind a computer", "don't get smart", etc. Again, I can post the quotes here if you want, but your aggressive tone reveals a lot. Perhaps you should get out and walk in the park for a bit. It would do you a lot of good.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:18 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
I never said I was staying home every day.

I was responding to someone else, and you started a petty argument with me. YaYa6119 was asking whether this was the new normal, and said that people aren't able to leave their homes, with war rationing and not being able to get out of the house for fresh air and exercise. He was painting an picture that just wasn't true, and misrepresenting what the state of the world is today. I simply replied that what he was proffering was in fact not the case. I'm happy to post the quotes here if you don't feel like clicking the page back button a few times.

After that, you claimed I was a "STAY HOME!!!" person, whatever that is. I assume you mean I'm one who supports limited business being open, and limited contact, which I am. If you thought otherwise, consider this an opportunity for me to correct you.

In any event, there's no "spazzing out here". You're the one talking about "mouthing off", "hiding behind a computer", "don't get smart", etc. Again, I can post the quotes here if you want, but your aggressive tone reveals a lot. Perhaps you should get out and walk in the park for a bit. It would do you a lot of good.
Let me give you a little advice: if you take an arrogant, insulting tone with people, they'll respond in kind. You're on here every day calling people names, and now you act surprised when someone throws it back at you.

And if you're out in public every day, you're not the hardcore anti-covid fighter that you pretend to be on the internet. That's all I'm saying. And that's that.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:41 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:

And if you're out in public every day, you're not the hardcore anti-covid fighter that you pretend to be on the internet. That's all I'm saying. And that's that.
You're being willfully obtuse, here. The stay at home orders were never meant to keep people from ever leaving their houses ever. Essential errands and outside exercise were always permitted. Being on a quiet trail in a mostly empty park or taking your dog for a walk around the neighborhood where you stay more than 6 feet away from others outside are allowed. Picking up a perscriptions or buying food in a store by wearing a mask and keeping a safe distance from others is a allowed. Taking your whole family to CostCo for a leisurely browse through a crowded store is not. For the point of this thread, people were congregating in the skate park to the point that the park had to be shut down. One or two people skating and practicing appropriate distancing would have been fine. Dozens of skaters were not.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 05-12-2020 at 09:52 AM..

Old 05-12-2020, 10:54 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,153,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You're being willfully obtuse, here. The stay at home orders were never meant to keep people from ever leaving their houses ever. Essential errands and outside exercise were always permitted. Being on a quiet trail in a mostly empty park or taking your dog for a walk around the neighborhood where you stay more than 6 feet away from others outside are allowed. Picking up a perscriptions or buying food in a store by wearing a mask and keeping a safe distance from others is a allowed. Taking your whole family to CostCo for a leisurely browse through a crowded store is not. For the point of this thread, people were congregating in the skate park to the point that the park had to be shut down. One or two people skating and practicing appropriate distancing would have been fine. Dozens of skaters were not.
I actually got into an argument about this with a left wing Bernie Bro (I'll get to why I mentioned that in the story) a few weeks ago. This person mentioned to me towards the end of April that he hasn't left his house in five weeks and I said minus once a week trips to the store and visiting my dad twice, I haven't been going out either. He then proceeded to tell me I'm killing up to 14 people each time I go outside and sent my to this calculator which said proved what he was showing. Here, the 14 people killed was really if you did zero social distancing. At 80% social distancing like I am at I'd say, my actions would lead to zero deaths. Further, he also went on and on about how it's "called a stay at home order for a reason" and you shouldn't be leaving your house at all, so I sent him the PDF link to the PA stay at home order which clearly states going out for the things you mentioned above is okay. After that, he still was lecturing me how I shouldn't leave my apartment at all and how my "half hearted" following of the stay at home order is apparently linked to my "support of neoliberalism and not being interested in voting for Bernie Sanders".....

I have not spoken to this person since that exchange and never want to again.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:20 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,131,042 times
Yeah I dont need to accept your opinions but I can respect them if you are going to also treat me with respect. Some people are beyond. If that calculator was even close to correct we would have way way more than 127 deaths in the county.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:28 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,153,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Yeah I dont need to accept your opinions but I can respect them if you are going to also treat me with respect. Some people are beyond. If that calculator was even close to correct we would have way way more than 127 deaths in the county.
You're right. I don't always agree with you (or anyone), but I've always found you to be reasonable and respectful, so I don't mind making points to you or people who can keep it reasonable like you do.

I also mentioned if that calculator was right we'd have way more cases than we do in Allegheny County and like most political extremists, he couldn't accept that he got it wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh