Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 04:17 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
who is quoted here? and, they are talking about Minneapolis?
It was supposedly quoted off of a news or radio show. Can’t find a link. Yes, and it’s dead on accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 07:33 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
who is quoted here? and, they are talking about Minneapolis?
erie was quoted:

• The public spoke out against those officers.
• Police officers all over the country spoke out against those officers.
• Elected Officials spoke out against those officers.
• ALL races and ethnicities spoke out against those officers.
• President Trump spoke out against those officers.

This is one of the few posts I would reprint because it is correct. ALL of the US is not for killing someone on the ground with handcuffs on. Cops should know better.

Trump is against this and that cop is going down. Trump will get involved, so I am sure it will happen as it should.

Floyd may have done wrong and did wrong in the past. He is a very large man at 6'6", so cops are scared of him, but he was on the ground in cuffs. He should be with us today. He pleaded, he even said they are going to kill me. He was correct. This shouldn't have happened. I know a TON of cops. Believe me, they are very upset over this. It isn't an easy job.

Justice will be done, unless the cause of death turns up something else. That would be interesting. NO matter because people don't want cops doing what that cop did. Message sent. The protests and looting are dumb and don't help at all. Shame people are that stupid, but they are.

I think the protest tomorrow will be okay. Charges of murder are filed already. I think the charges should have waited a little, because I want to make sure everything is in order, but the dumbed down left is pressing like a bunch of idiots. I wish they understood things better. UGH!

Everything will be okay. justice will be done. Just relax for a bit. Geez.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
erie was quoted:

• The public spoke out against those officers.
• Police officers all over the country spoke out against those officers.
• Elected Officials spoke out against those officers.
• ALL races and ethnicities spoke out against those officers.
• President Trump spoke out against those officers.

This is one of the few posts I would reprint because it is correct. ALL of the US is not for killing someone on the ground with handcuffs on. Cops should know better.

Trump is against this and that cop is going down. Trump will get involved, so I am sure it will happen as it should.

Floyd may have done wrong and did wrong in the past. He is a very large man at 6'6", so cops are scared of him, but he was on the ground in cuffs. He should be with us today. He pleaded, he even said they are going to kill me. He was correct. This shouldn't have happened. I know a TON of cops. Believe me, they are very upset over this. It isn't an easy job.

Justice will be done, unless the cause of death turns up something else. That would be interesting. NO matter because people don't want cops doing what that cop did. Message sent. The protests and looting are dumb and don't help at all. Shame people are that stupid, but they are.

I think the protest tomorrow will be okay. Charges of murder are filed already. I think the charges should have waited a little, because I want to make sure everything is in order, but the dumbed down left is pressing like a bunch of idiots. I wish they understood things better. UGH!

Everything will be okay. justice will be done. Just relax for a bit. Geez.
Lol. If I had come up with this I would’ve said I did.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:11 PM

127 posts, read 83,177 times
Well if it goes south here rest assured mayor potato head will handle it!

Old 05-29-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamPittsburgh View Post
Well if it goes south here rest assured mayor potato head will handle it!
He’ll no doubt lock himself down as he’s begging for authorities to be armed to the hilt to save him and the area.

I just read an article where a masked looter(so brave he’s wearing a mask in the video)was interviewed and said when they’re done in the city they’re coming to the burbs, lol. I expect the National Guard to handle these “brave” criminals.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:27 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
He’ll no doubt lock himself down as he’s begging for authorities to be armed to the hilt to save him and the area.

I just read an article where a masked looter(so brave he’s wearing a mask in the video)was interviewed and said when they’re done in the city they’re coming to the burbs, lol. I expect the National Guard to handle these “brave” criminals.
you laugh, but don't be naive.

there IS a real sub-culture of violent, arrogant, over-confident people raised in the internet age. they know nothing else except rearing from the internet - that is, there is no debate, no humility, and no willingness to compromise. they do not know delay of gratification. in the western states, these people have been arrested in numbers for violence, and conspiracy to commit violence. they want anarchy. this is not a joke.

at one time, a national network of inner city gangs would have sounded preposterous. now, they are an economy of their own. so don't be alarmed if 2021 explodes into violence, especially if Trump is re-elected.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:42 AM

Quote:

there IS a real sub-culture of violent, arrogant, over-confident people raised in the internet age. they know nothing else except rearing from the internet - that is, there is no debate, no humility, and no willingness to compromise. they do not know delay of gratification. in the western states, these people have been arrested in numbers for violence, and conspiracy to commit violence. they want anarchy. this is not a joke.

at one time, a national network of inner city gangs would have sounded preposterous. now, they are an economy of their own. so don't be alarmed if 2021 explodes into violence, especially if Trump is re-elected.
I agree. It seems like the lawless are taking over many cities over this Floyd situation. It was like you had a ton of people waiting for a reason to burn a city down and it isn't just Minneapolis they are destroying. LA, ATL and others are getting hit.

I hope Pittsburgh is ready with a very large riot gear bunch and many SWAT teams around the corner. I don't think the people in Pittsburgh will start destroying things, but if outsiders come here and start going nuts all bets are off. I hope the Pittsburgh Police are very ready and I also hope they will go hard if they need to. If that means killing people so be it. A message needs to be sent and sent early.

What is interesting to me is these violent people are just going to empower police/military more in the end, but they are really not smart people. The people that riot and loot are the losers of society and can't really make it in real life, so they just walk around angry that life is so hard. They really need to learn more about history and how amazing we actually have it, but I honestly feel they are mostly too mentally ill to reason with. I also feel all of this is a byproduct of the Internet and it is a mental illness. Finding a bad echo chamber isn't hard to do on the Internet and if you aren't very bright you can just be led into a very destructive life and hurt others as we see so many places now with all the rioting. This CAN happen in Pittsburgh for sure. I think we need to move troops out of other countries and have them in all cities to combat issues if they arise. I feel it needs to be done in a very violent manner to make sure lawless people don't and can't have an upper hand. After seeing what is going on in other cities, I realize the situation is much greater than I knew at first. Anyone with half a brain knew the Internet was feeding bad people because dumb people can congragate there and they feel they have a voice which they really shouldn't have much of one. Well, it seems they do have a voice and it is being heard in the forum of riots/looting/burning. I think it is time to shut the voice down and down hard.

Sorry, but what is going on in cities now is not good. Time to fight back with trained military people with the latest in technology to be used if anyone gets out of hand. We can't have our city destroyed by losers.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:29 AM

Quote:

I’m laughing because these “brave” “protesters” are nothing but a group of criminals using this horrific event to loot and steal. Sure they want anarchy, they’re a bunch of thugs.

I won’t be alarmed, and they’re making themselves look like opportunistic fools.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:46 AM

Here is more on the potential riot.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...-george-floyd/

They even threatened the City of Pittsburgh Police:

One of the organizers took to Facebook to say whether it stays peaceful or not will depend on how the Police respond.

Hope they don't start burning things like they do.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Here is more on the potential riot.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...-george-floyd/

They even threatened the City of Pittsburgh Police:

One of the organizers took to Facebook to say whether it stays peaceful or not will depend on how the Police respond.

Hope they don't start burning things like they do.
They’re going to try to do what they want no matter what the police do, but pretty hilarious statement.

Don’t let them do it. If they try, use force, it’s the only thing they understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh