Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2020, 07:00 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times

Advertisements

So classy
https://triblive.com/local/pittsburg...-east-liberty/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 07:02 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Major stuff happening in East Liberty. Please stay at home.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...ems-at-police/

Last edited by gg; 06-01-2020 at 07:15 PM..

Old 06-01-2020, 07:26 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/01/georg...tack-fentanyl/

Had a heart attack. Fentanyl, recent meth, and trying to pass off counterfeit bills. Doesn’t sound like much in the way of clean living.

nothing has changed with the inner city population that is angry because....well, just because. on my way through Friendship, 3 young black women (early 20s?) were getting the news on their phones about the party down near the Whole Foods. One literally jumped for joy at the news of unrest. She delighted in it, as they hurried their way down there.

and yes, it appears yet again, the police aren't picking on and bullying some bible reading, clean cut innocent, as people will have you believe. Mr. Floyd tried to pass counterfeit money - TWICE within the hour (if i read correctly an online account of the event), then resisted the authority of the police (i admit, on that i have no real details - what was said, etc.).

he was under the influence, nabbed for a crime, then resisted arrest.

did he deserve to be suffocated to death? come on - why ask me that? of course NOT. does the cop deserve punishment? yes.

but sorry - this changes things for me. it just does. cases where things may have gotten totally out of control w/ an innocent are VERY, VERY rare, and they do happen with white victims, too. ask that man who got his head beat into the concrete, within the shadow of the hockey statue a couple years ago. its just not of notoriety...just ask this poor schlub:

https://www.9news.com/article/news/c...b-90baa2e29b61

so spare me the sob stories, the parade of psychologists and analysts who decry a system / government / world that makes some people feel like they are less. no - its what you put out in the world. its what you GIVE, what you let people see of you. its how you raise your kid. its how you PLAN your future.

there are numerous stories of people who have bettered themselves from poverty. thing is, there are 3 more who have NOT, and don't know how. they know how to break stuff, though.

and no, whites don't hate blacks - some black kid actually told me that a few years ago downtown (i forget who he was and how / why that came up in conversation)...but for him to say that leads me to believe this malaise, anger, segregation, feeling of being down, is TAUGHT.

my rant is speaking in generalizations, sure, but isnt EVERYTHING a generalization? why attack the police anywhere except minneapolis - could it be revelers have GENERALIZED that the cops are just bad everywhere? hypocrites, we all are.

Old 06-01-2020, 07:59 PM

I just looked at this and got me thinking. What are we doing to little kids.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...-george-floyd/

Wow, nothing is off limits I guess in the new ultra-left media. They even look at what little middle school kids are doing as if it is some huge deal? MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!! WOW. I was full of new chemicals in my body back then and was bouncing off walls, and now we need to worry about them? WOW.

I can honestly say, we are done as a society if we are now looking at little kids in such a manner. I think North Korea and China as well as Saudi Arabia have the Internet right. We aren't ready for it at all.

Middle school now. Maybe we should post about little babies and see if they are okay? Geez! We have lost it.

Last edited by gg; 06-01-2020 at 09:23 PM..

Old 06-01-2020, 08:17 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
nothing has changed with the inner city population that is angry because....well, just because. on my way through Friendship, 3 young black women (early 20s?) were getting the news on their phones about the party down near the Whole Foods. One literally jumped for joy at the news of unrest. She delighted in it, as they hurried their way down there.

and yes, it appears yet again, the police aren't picking on and bullying some bible reading, clean cut innocent, as people will have you believe. Mr. Floyd tried to pass counterfeit money - TWICE within the hour (if i read correctly an online account of the event), then resisted the authority of the police (i admit, on that i have no real details - what was said, etc.).

he was under the influence, nabbed for a crime, then resisted arrest.

did he deserve to be suffocated to death? come on - why ask me that? of course NOT. does the cop deserve punishment? yes.

but sorry - this changes things for me. it just does. cases where things may have gotten totally out of control w/ an innocent are VERY, VERY rare, and they do happen with white victims, too. ask that man who got his head beat into the concrete, within the shadow of the hockey statue a couple years ago. its just not of notoriety...just ask this poor schlub:

https://www.9news.com/article/news/c...b-90baa2e29b61

so spare me the sob stories, the parade of psychologists and analysts who decry a system / government / world that makes some people feel like they are less. no - its what you put out in the world. its what you GIVE, what you let people see of you. its how you raise your kid. its how you PLAN your future.

there are numerous stories of people who have bettered themselves from poverty. thing is, there are 3 more who have NOT, and don't know how. they know how to break stuff, though.

and no, whites don't hate blacks - some black kid actually told me that a few years ago downtown (i forget who he was and how / why that came up in conversation)...but for him to say that leads me to believe this malaise, anger, segregation, feeling of being down, is TAUGHT.

my rant is speaking in generalizations, sure, but isnt EVERYTHING a generalization? why attack the police anywhere except minneapolis - could it be revelers have GENERALIZED that the cops are just bad everywhere? hypocrites, we all are.
Bingo

I hope the military is brought in to handle these clowns. I saw a post where defenders were saying “Trump is messing with fire” if he does that, lol. The cowards that don’t run scared will be dropped like stones.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:40 PM

The media is now attacking middle school kids and we are okay with it as long as it fits in our agenda. We overlook most anything if it is part of our agenda. We are being played.

The Internet is clearly a HUGE loss for humanity. Look at us.

These could be great times. Even with the pandemic. We have protests going on with NO social distancing at all. NONE. We must have it great. WOW.

We should just be thankful we can be such a-holes even in the middle of a pandemic that took over 100,000 lives. We seem to not even care about it because ONE moron cop did something stupid.

This is our wakeup call. We better look at ourselves. If one cop doing something stupid can cause this much pain, we better really look into our souls. Sure I feel for Floyd, but having countless businesses burnt down? People dying and going to jail? WOW. We better all seek help. This is the beginning of what? The end?

Old 06-02-2020, 04:44 AM

Default what the president said

this morning i heard on the radio that Trump said, in more words or less, that civil unrest is the purview of mayors and governors. its THEIR job, and if they aren't doing it, then the Feds will do it for you.

then, maybe recklessly, he went for a walk in lafayette park (across the street, and precariously out in the open, but im sure its been covered long ago with security).

is that leadership enough for you, prn? i mean, that is OPPOSITE of how a 'fascist', as trump was labelled in 2016, would think. he didnt demand total control, he said "look, you slugs, your jurisdiction is yours to police against violence, dont make me take off my belt!"

that is the perfect approach. im sure people will take it fully out of context. "oh look, Trump said he's going to send the national guard! its a government takeover!!!!!!!!"

Old 06-02-2020, 05:47 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,684,713 times
As a black man you have to be careful. Growing up in Homewood there was plenty of opportunities to get in trouble and meet cops. Whether you are rich or poor, black or white it doesn’t give you a free ticket to act like an animal and break the law. Pittsburgh is a city that is very slanted against blacks getting ahead. You can protest all you want, but it isn’t going to change. It’s difficult to change culture and mindsets.

What I see going on is a problem overall with people lacking inner strength and a self awareness. That goes for all races of people and genders. Some are going to have to work harder than others. Some will be at a disadvantage and others not as much. The point is if one works hard and keeps your your nose clean, opportunities can be endless. There are a lot of programs to help disadvantaged go to school, start a business and get ahead. Maybe even more so than white counterparts. You have to work and take advantage of it. Many people can’t see the bigger picture. If you work hard, stay out of trouble and pay the price you will get ahead and doors will open for you. It may not be in Pittsburgh it could be another city or another state.

We just have a large group of woe is me people of all backgrounds. Life isn’t fair and there will always be disadvantaged. Only you can control your behavior and move forward.

This guy in Minneapolis didn’t deserve to die and the cop was very wrong for what they did. Justice will be served and they will likely go to jail. My question is what led this person to encounter the police to begin with. It is like a hot stove. You know it’s hot so why are you touching it. My guess is the individual lacked inner strength and self awareness to see the bigger picture and move their best foot forward.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:55 AM

994 posts, read 501,782 times
Quote:
then, maybe recklessly, he went for a walk in lafayette park (across the street, and precariously out in the open, but im sure its been covered long ago with security)
They tear gased people so that trump could have a photo.

Quote:
that is the perfect approach. im sure people will take it fully out of context. "oh look, Trump said he's going to send the national guard! its a government takeover!!!!!!!!"
People stormed capitol buildings claiming tyranny because they couldn't get a hair cut.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
As a black man you have to be careful. Growing up in Homewood there was plenty of opportunities to get in trouble and meet cops. Whether you are rich or poor, black or white it doesn’t give you a free ticket to act like an animal and break the law. Pittsburgh is a city that is very slanted against blacks getting ahead. ...
how is Pittsburgh slanted against blacks getting ahead? it has to be something that is DIFFERENT for any other person to get ahead for it to be considered "slanted", but i honestly don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh