Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2020, 06:12 AM

179 posts, read 106,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
this morning i heard on the radio that Trump said, in more words or less, that civil unrest is the purview of mayors and governors. its THEIR job, and if they aren't doing it, then the Feds will do it for you.

is that leadership enough for you, prn? i mean, that is OPPOSITE of how a 'fascist', as trump was labelled in 2016, would think. he didnt demand total control, he said "look, you slugs, your jurisdiction is yours to police against violence, dont make me take off my belt!"

that is the perfect approach. im sure people will take it fully out of context. "oh look, Trump said he's going to send the national guard! its a government takeover!!!!!!!!"
It really is. It's in everybody's best interest that police handle this stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 06:19 AM

179 posts, read 106,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinsFan14 View Post
Your propaganda isn't even the slightest bit believable. First, you said the Russians and white nationalist were doing the rioting.
To be fair, he did share the video of the Antifa breaking up the cop car (just ignore the part where he thinks he's a white nationalist or whatever... no offense prn but that part seems ridiculous). Which bolstered my theory that Antifa's strategy this go around is to try to seed rioting and violence in the mobs (deindividuation), instead of Antifa doing it en masse like we've seen in Portland, for example.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:25 AM

29 posts, read 11,035 times
Default It is a huge deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I just looked at this and got me thinking. What are we doing to little kids.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...-george-floyd/

Wow, nothing is off limits I guess in the new ultra-left media. They even look at what little middle school kids are doing as if it is some huge deal? MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!! WOW. I was full of new chemicals in my body back then and was bouncing off walls, and now we need to worry about them? WOW.

I can honestly say, we are done as a society if we are now looking at little kids in such a manner. I think North Korea and China as well as Saudi Arabia have the Internet right. We aren't ready for it at all.

Middle school now. Maybe we should post about little babies and see if they are okay? Geez! We have lost it.

Middle school children are well, well past the page to know that mocking the slow suffocation of a handcuffed individual on live tv isn't acceptable. In any way. Your ascertain that the media is somehow in error for pointing this out makes no sense. Please don't try to normalize this behavior as "they're just kids" or "boys will be boys", if that is truly what you are saying.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:52 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
Default just ridiculous bs at this point

all right, for starters, i've said it before...i dont care if anyone doesnt believe me - i did not vote for Trump, i am a little disappointed at his leadership since 2016, but pleased with some aspects.

so, im not a MAGA guy totally, but would rather it be about what is good for the country as a whole - and primarily, that means jobs, and access to betterment. i think we've been successful at that, up to the pandemic, of course.

having said that, the criticism of Trump holding the Bible is the most ridiculous, stupid, distracting crap thus far:

https://www.axios.com/st-johns-churc...ffbe59bbb.html

1) you don't know, no one does, what is truly in Trump's or anyone's mind regarding spirituality. there are church goers who aren't the most pleasant people. there are atheists who are the sweetest people you can meet. there are people (like me) who are very spiritual, moderately religious, yet keep it to themselves, and prefer not to discuss it except with very close friends (who don't get miffed if you politely disagree with their hinduism or mormonism).

Tthere are people who maybe have lost sight of their spiritual aspect, but sometimes find a warmth in it when they are reminded of it. Maybe Trump is the that. I don't know.

2) its a photo op. OK, so? Maybe he wanted to connect with District church-goers. Maybe he wanted to let people know "this is important to you? well, I respect it". The District of Columbia, despite its problems, has a tradition among mainly African-American churches. Maybe his feeling was "let's calm down, here I hold the Bible to appeal to you". ANd if he NEVER would hold a bible? Then after he's gone, some people will say "he never liked us church going people, anyway".

3) maybe it was an empty gesture. again, he's damned any way. all politicians are.

this is another distraction of divisiveness that everyone thrives on. its the most stupid thing about this whole episode of rioting. Trump held up a bible - QUICK, THINK OF A CATCHY BILINE FOR THE WEBSITE STORY!

Old 06-02-2020, 07:55 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielMorgan View Post
Middle school children are well, well past the page to know that mocking the slow suffocation of a handcuffed individual on live tv isn't acceptable. In any way. Your ascertain that the media is somehow in error for pointing this out makes no sense. Please don't try to normalize this behavior as "they're just kids" or "boys will be boys", if that is truly what you are saying.
So you feel the media can publicly go after children in this manner? Maybe the schools and parents should handle it, not the unrested general public that is clearly going nuts. Have you been around cities these days? Boarded up businesses everywhere and businesses closing in the middle of the day. Not due to COVID, but due to fear of having their businesses looted and burned to the ground. These are the people you want to have your children's information? WOW.

Nah, I think kids should be off limits to the masses unless they get violent. We don't need more people angry than we already have and that anger shouldn't be towards a bunch of little kids who might be the next target of the anarchists that are clearly being recruited via the Internet.

This is sadly quite a wakeup call. Hope it rains today. Maybe a week of rain and bad weather would be helpful?

Old 06-02-2020, 08:47 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Is Whole Foods even open in the East End? They are all boarded up yesterday as well as the liquor store. We are living in the strangest of times that I really don't have words for it. If it wasn't for COVID on top of all this, it would just be all the riots going on, but we are still having cases of COVID I think?

Really it amazes me how so many people around the country reacted to that situation up in Minneapolis and so violently. It was like a fire was sitting there just waiting for one thing to happen and someone threw gasoline on it in a big way. Are all these riots going to help? I certainly don't think so.

If this can happen during COVID and it can be this huge this fast, we really need to focus on the Internet and how it is being used by leaders behind the curtain. They are using our young to start destruction in our cities. This isn't the first time young people are led in this manner in history. History is very important and we should be looking at it and comparing to what is going on with today's young easily led minds. As you age you just get smarter and can see through all the crap, but our young are easily led as we can see throughout history as well as today. The military doesn't recruit older people for a reason.

Even if this storm blows over at some point, there will be more and more of them. Word travels very fast on the Internet and those words don't need to even be truthful. It is amazing how angry so many people are. Wow. Riding a bike sucks right now. People are really angry on our roadways. Never felt this way in my lifetime. Odd.

Old 06-02-2020, 08:58 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_P View Post
They tear gased people so that trump could have a photo.

People stormed capitol buildings claiming tyranny because they couldn't get a hair cut.
Lots of photos to come if people can’t behave.

People stormed capitol buildings because they couldn’t get a haircut? Link to that?

Old 06-02-2020, 09:23 AM

29 posts, read 11,035 times
Quote:
So you feel the media can publicly go after children in this manner? Maybe the schools and parents should handle it, not the unrested general public that is clearly going nuts. Have you been around cities these days? Boarded up businesses everywhere and businesses closing in the middle of the day. Not due to COVID, but due to fear of having their businesses looted and burned to the ground. These are the people you want to have your children's information? WOW.

Nah, I think kids should be off limits to the masses unless they get violent. We don't need more people angry than we already have and that anger shouldn't be towards a bunch of little kids who might be the next target of the anarchists that are clearly being recruited via the Internet.

This is sadly quite a wakeup call. Hope it rains today. Maybe a week of rain and bad weather would be helpful?
The media is going after the children, sharing their information? You mean the children who shared this video to the world on Snapchat? Why would it be inappropriate to comment on something shared publicly?

Have I been around? Yes, every day, I live here. Work here.

Instead of ignoring it, I chose to sit down with my school aged children talk about it. If your child has a smartphone, then you have to expect that they saw the video before you did. Watch it with them. It's a great time to talk about what is funny, not funny, and down right inappropriate. Also, talk about the impact on the lives of the kids who are in it/posted it. After you share something, there is no undo.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:59 AM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
Quote:
Is Whole Foods even open in the East End?
Yes, saw people lining up just an hour ago.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:04 PM

684 posts, read 419,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
a
2) its a photo op. OK, so? Maybe he wanted to connect with District church-goers. Maybe he wanted to let people know "this is important to you? well, I respect it". The District of Columbia, despite its problems, has a tradition among mainly African-American churches. Maybe his feeling was "let's calm down, here I hold the Bible to appeal to you". ANd if he NEVER would hold a bible? Then after he's gone, some people will say "he never liked us church going people, anyway".
Sure....just that along the way, he forcibly removed a peaceful protest assembled there (which included the pastor of the church) with tear gas and rubber bullets, but no matter...as long as he got his photo op to show that he's not hiding in his bunker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh