Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 09:14 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,008,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I think most on here support bike lanes. Who cares what someone from all the way out in Cranberry thinks? I don't think people commute from up there on a bike, so it doesn't matter.
Pretty sure nobody in Cranberry cares. I, however, think bike lanes are a great idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Ft. Myers has bike lanes too.
And? I didn’t say anything about bike lanes, but I’m in favor of them.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
Who would have thought that this would have devolved into “bUT bIkE LaNe BiLl sUcKs!!” thread. Everyone get it out of their system?
I don’t recall anyone saying bike lane bill sucks, however, bike lanes will likely be his legacy. That’s saying very little about accomplishments for a 2 term mayor.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post
Bingo. However, the majority of right wing nutters reflexively pivot to the bike lanes as some kind of evil thing.
Lol. I don’t recall anyone saying bike lanes were evil things.

Old 06-11-2020, 10:59 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,783,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post
Bingo. However, the majority of right wing nutters reflexively pivot to the bike lanes as some kind of evil thing.
As a very active cyclist, I can assure you there are plenty of left wingers that hate us on the roads as well. Plenty of hate to go around I can assure you, but still as I am passed by 100 cars I would say 1 might come close to me for no reason to send some sort of message. It is more rare these days though. There are a LOT of cyclists on the roads. I really ride roads that are either very bike friendly or keep away from vehicles as much as I can. I just try to avoid others. If I see a pickup, SUV or bus behind me that looks aggressive with their style of driving, I might even pull over or change route. Just not worth it.

I find it odd that you didn't attack me in your post as you love to do? You okay?

Old 06-11-2020, 11:06 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,108,936 times
I drive all around the city often between real estate and my wife being at the Bloomfield Market and visiting family on the opposite side of town. I have no issue with bike lanes nor do I feel like there is some over abundance of them. Is it the best use of money for the city? I don't have an opinion nor would it matter as I do not live in the city to say. I haven't ridden a bike in 12 years (outside on vacation last year) but if there was better routes I felt safe on I might.

Old 06-11-2020, 01:07 PM

684 posts, read 414,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
As a very active cyclist, I can assure you there are plenty of left wingers that hate us on the roads as well. Plenty of hate to go around I can assure you, but still as I am passed by 100 cars I would say 1 might come close to me for no reason to send some sort of message. It is more rare these days though. There are a LOT of cyclists on the roads. I really ride roads that are either very bike friendly or keep away from vehicles as much as I can. I just try to avoid others. If I see a pickup, SUV or bus behind me that looks aggressive with their style of driving, I might even pull over or change route. Just not worth it.

I find it odd that you didn't attack me in your post as you love to do? You okay?
I have no agendas against people. I'm not an all or nothing person. Sometimes we have common ground, sometimes we don't. I'm a motorcyclist, so I have similar road concerns with distracted drivers, etc.

Old 06-12-2020, 07:39 PM

44 posts, read 23,312 times
Regarding the Banksville corridor, it may be better to use Banksville Ave which runs parallel to Banksville Rd as the bike route. Some traffic calming measures would be needed to dissuade motorists who currently use it as a cut through.

Getting through the interchange with 376 is impossible without major new infrastructure. Possibly a path up to the abandoned rail bed and bridge over the interstate.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:40 AM

12,241 posts, read 6,402,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I don’t recall anyone saying bike lane bill sucks, however, bike lanes will likely be his legacy. That’s saying very little about accomplishments for a 2 term mayor.
Pittsburgh is still one of America`s most livable cities but what in particular do you want the mayor to do? What do mayors accomplish in other cities that this mayor isn`t doing? In 2018 Pittsburgh was named America`s second most livable city. We were #1 but Honolulu leapfrogged us.

https://www.post-gazette.com/local/n...s/201808200090
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019...-very-livable/

Old 06-13-2020, 07:35 AM

44 posts, read 23,312 times
Who cares what he wants the mayor to do.

That poster doesn’t live in Pittsburgh and doesn’t get to decide.

Pittsburgh residents obviously support this mayor because they keep voting for him. That’s all that matters. Bike lanes are wonderful btw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh