Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 07:58 PM

6,356 posts, read 5,005,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFuamatuMaafala View Post
Black news anchors are great and all.

When can we get no kneeling on black man’s neck until he dies by white cop?

maybe when the rogue cops stop killing ANYONE, because they do not focus on blacks.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

maybe when people actually IN trouble do not act incendiary to create a firestorm, and yield to police authority when rightfully ordered to do so.

maybe when they decide to not, oh i dont know, live a life where they steal, hurt, murder, rape, stab....

In 2020, there are now over 20 black victims of murder in Allegheny County. All those people calling for war against police? Calling for removal of statues? Thinking they are bad ass because they painted commie symbols on the Doughboy? NONE of them can name ONE of these victims, because no one really cares.

don't tell me i dont - ive called out murders/violence among young black men on this board for years. no one even responds, except Uptown Guy, but he just posts this BS like I dont have a right to even ask about this problem, followed by tons of statistics.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:11 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,771,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
Yet another ignorant, useless regurgitation of non- facts by the intellectually lazy , oh so woke crowd.
Of course, just about everything about the past & everyone who lived in it was RAAYYCiSSTTTT!
It is amazing how igorant people really are. Columbus was sailing in the 1400's. The OP wouldn't last a week back then. Heck I am sure they are struggling in our amazingly EASY times.

Well said, USC.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:48 PM

3,291 posts, read 2,738,667 times
Yeah I don't think Columbus was a slaver. no evidence of that at all. but interestingly enough, the word slave is Roman. but it was given to mainly european white people who were conqured by Romans. commnonly called slavs. that's where the word came from. leading to whole countries in eastern europe. black people were not the only slaves, by far. it was a common theme in every culture in history. the USA was the first to fight a war to outlaw it. and really the only one, not just the first. and by the way, real slavery is still going on in Africa. and Cuba. and Mexico. and a lot of other places.

Last edited by _Buster; 06-12-2020 at 09:57 PM..

Old 06-13-2020, 07:34 AM

44 posts, read 23,275 times
Glad to see the protesting continue and glad to see changes being made.

Proving the protestors are getting people to take notice and join their cause.

This is a paradigm shift, don’t be left behind!!!

I see all of the good minds have left this board and we are left with the same couple of angry souls who chased everyone off years ago.

BLM!

Old 06-13-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFuamatuMaafala View Post
Glad to see the protesting continue and glad to see changes being made.

Proving the protestors are getting people to take notice and join their cause.

This is a paradigm shift, don’t be left behind!!!

I see all of the good minds have left this board and we are left with the same couple of angry souls who chased everyone off years ago.

BLM!
see, you're wrong about that. yes, this board is mostly people on the 'right', but there is discussion with opposing viewpoints.

the 'left' people have gone because 1) their hypocrisy is called out 2) they simply cannot discuss anything without their forcing it into a juvenile barrage of insults, with little substance

what you forget, like everyone else, is that this is less about race (you probably didnt check that first link i provided, that shows there are non-blacks also who get into deep water with police), and likely more about economic class and lifestyle.

so, you can talk about paradigm shifts. keep knocking down statues....in 8-12 months, when these people are wondering "wait, i still gotta DO something with my life?" and their rent is due, maybe they can find another thing to destroy, under the guise of "change".

because these same people thought Obama's presidency was going to make things easier for them.

we all still have to get out of bed at 6AM and get to work. that is the bottom line - not what Columbus did over 500 years ago.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Are you really going to engage with this person? Just look at their original post.
well, Chris just said his peace, and i said mine. He wasn't like a few of the others that come in with guns blazing, and adolescent strategies like saying 'your mother did a bad job raising you' or crap like that.

its been cool thus far.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:16 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
well, Chris just said his peace, and i said mine. He wasn't like a few of the others that come in with guns blazing, and adolescent strategies like saying 'your mother did a bad job raising you' or crap like that.

its been cool thus far.
The focus is on a great explorer from the late 1400s and so wildly off base. You can’t gain anything from dialog there. Where would anyone start?

Old 06-13-2020, 10:43 AM

41,018 posts, read 17,996,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
He was a genocidal maniac with absolutely no connection to the United States. Not from here. Never came here. Italian Americans staged a years-long PR campaign to tie Columbus to the origin of our nation because tying their then-marginalized group to America’s foundational myth granted them unconditional whiteness.

Also, you are an idiot. The rest of your consort, like erieguy and slugbot are just racists.
Lol. You obviously think most every white person is racist. Sad way to go through life, for sure.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:46 AM
gg

Quote:
He was a genocidal maniac with absolutely no connection to the United States. Not from here. Never came here. Italian Americans staged a years-long PR campaign to tie Columbus to the origin of our nation because tying their then-marginalized group to America’s foundational myth granted them unconditional whiteness.

Also, you are an idiot. The rest of your consort, like erieguy and slugbot are just racists.
You are so blind with anger due to internet grooming. Just look around and enjoy the beautiful day. Put away race for a few moments in a day and enjoy nature.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:

i actually have a black ancestor, and have stated that here.

i am wasting my time, but i ask you again (and again and again), to point out what exactly is racist.

its been mentioned here countless times our problems are more economic class issues, and the poor having too many kids, who in turn have kids, and personal responsibility in general. as always, you will avoid discussion on any of those topics, because it doesnt fit your convenient narrative, jazzhands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh