Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2020, 05:41 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
Also, there’s literally video evidence of him.

My God, the lengths they cultists will go to is unbelievable
Link to video?

It really is unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 06:30 AM

882 posts, read 335,446 times
Fox News reporter confirming the story with two Sr trump administration officials

https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2...military-story

Video of trump saying “he likes pows that aren’t captured”

https://youtu.be/541Cg2Jnb8s

Old 09-05-2020, 06:35 AM

882 posts, read 335,446 times
But let me ask you guys something.

What’s the difference? I’m sure you won’t find my links sufficient to change your mind.

Let me ask you this: If Trump himself stood at a podium and confirmed the story, what would your reaction be? Lemme guess. It would be something like. He was joking. Or He was only referring to democrat pows. Or some other justification. You guys are in a cult. Wake up.

Old 09-05-2020, 06:48 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,585,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
It's shocking, isn't it? I mean even look at erieguy on here as a prime example of this. Lives in Florida. Retired. Affluent. He's a conservative, and conservatives control everything in both FL and on the Federal level right now. Stock market booming. He always seems very angry on here, though. I don't really quite understand it. Same with the Trump supporters I work beside with the city police. Despite everything being in their laps they're still mostly very angry people. Same for my family back in Luzerne County. Very bitter, jaded, and angry.

If you're all "winning" so much, then why so much anger? Shouldn't Trump supporters just be very happy right now? If they're angry, then isn't that because President Trump isn't "winning" enough for them?
I think one thing you’ll find is that if you reduce political awareness to a sports rivalry, if you support a candidate because he “triggers” the other side, if you get immersed in personalities rather than civic issues, you’re not really going to be happy. Fox News is sort of addictive for people, it promotes anxiety, so that people feel they have to stay informed by watching TV, and the way to keep them coming back for that hit is to promote anxiety.

If you look at the listicles of countries and people who are happy, you’ll see places like Denmark or New Zealand, not superpowers like the US. Places where you don’t have to worry about safety or security. You can’t be happy while you have anxiety, and the culture of the US is a culture of anxiety. You look at the racist or anti immigrant sentiment, a lot of that is anxiety over someone else taking your job. Trump capitalized on that. Even the upper middle class is twitchy, as evidenced by the people in NoVa who can’t stop talking about work.

TLDR: it doesn’t matter how much you’re winning. Winning won’t keep anyone happy so long as they expose themselves to toxic inputs, and the win/lose mentality itself is a toxic input.

Old 09-06-2020, 04:53 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
If you're all "winning" so much, then why so much anger? Shouldn't Trump supporters just be very happy right now? If they're angry, then isn't that because President Trump isn't "winning" enough for them?
Because many of us see the other party as blatantly wanting to destroy the country.

Old 09-06-2020, 06:45 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
I'd like to take this time to remind everybody that Trump lost the popular vote. There was no decisive win, he wasn't chosen by the people, he was saved by an institution that should be abolished.
The electoral college is pure genius. Read about it and understand it. Look at the mess NYC, Chicago and LA are in, not to mention Detroit and other big cities. The reason we have electoral college is so we aren't run by a few giant cities we are run by the people. Farmers, energy workers, loggers and so on should have some say in our future, not just the crazy left that is taking our country down with destroying our history, letting crime go crazy and more.

If you understand the electoral college, you will see how amazingly smart is was then and even more today.

Old 09-06-2020, 06:51 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Because many of us see the other party as blatantly wanting to destroy the country.
I agree. I have never seen so many news/media outlets that want to bring Trump down and they will say anything to do so. It is some scary stuff. I didn't vote for him and don't even like him at all, nor do I trust him, but I am more afraid of the crazy left than the orange man. He isn't into violence, he hated McCain and so did I as he was a war monger. All lefts hated McCain back when he was spewing his crap, but now they love him because Trump told it like it was about McCain. Heck I remember a leftist newscaster asking McCain how many houses he had and the left loved it as McCain had no answer. Man they hated him. Not anymore because he became a leftist tool. Scary!

Old 09-06-2020, 07:09 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I agree. I have never seen so many news/media outlets that want to bring Trump down and they will say anything to do so. It is some scary stuff. I didn't vote for him and don't even like him at all, nor do I trust him, but I am more afraid of the crazy left than the orange man. He isn't into violence, he hated McCain and so did I as he was a war monger. All lefts hated McCain back when he was spewing his crap, but now they love him because Trump told it like it was about McCain. Heck I remember a leftist newscaster asking McCain how many houses he had and the left loved it as McCain had no answer. Man they hated him. Not anymore because he became a leftist tool. Scary!

I was a lukewarm Trump support simply because the math of the left does not work (not even close) and implementing the policies of the left is a sure way of sending wealth, investment, and jobs out of the country. Capital will flow to where it gets the best return.

Since Trump has been in office I have become a strong Trump supporter. I look at results and Trump is the first President in a long time who understands how the economy really works and understands human nature. The policies of the left are inconsistent with both of those. Trump is the best President since Ronald Reagan.

Old 09-06-2020, 01:05 PM

807 posts, read 617,212 times
[quote=gg;59094772]Heck I remember a leftist newscaster asking McCain how many houses he had and the left loved it[/QUO

My interest is always piqued when gg starts going off about leftists. Looks like the leftist reporter in this case was Mike Allen, founder of Axios. I guess by gg’s standards he is a leftist since he did work for the nytimes. Also interesting to learn that the reporter grew up in Orange County California, and that his father was the spokesman for the John Birch Society.

Old 09-06-2020, 05:06 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Block parties during a pandemic, cups, broken glass, bottles, trash left behind, and gunshots. Say it isn’t so.
https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...GV3M4ZSGHWCEA/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh