Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2020, 06:53 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghSportsGuy420 View Post
Cranberry is low class because it's a giant strip mall with nothing you can't find in any other giant strip mall.

My wife and I have memberships to the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. We don't have memberships to the Cranberry Symphony Orchestra because there isn't one. There isn't one because the sort of people that live there have no interest in having one. No civic pride.
"Memberships"? Are you a member of the orchestra or do you have a subscription to the season?
I don't live in Cranberry ( seems like a nice place, though I will not set foot in a Walmart) , but your smug, self aggrandizing, self righteous assumption of your superiority because you live in the "city" is typical of those who convince themselves they are a cut above the ignorant hordes in the soulless suburbs.
Insufferable individuals of your ilk are precisely why many choose the suburbs, not the city with it's high taxes, crappy school system, and overpriced real estate, at least in the few neighborhoods worth living in.
Blanket statements like "Cranberry is low class" are quite revealing of your unwarranted, but perhaps desperate need to feel superior. Trust me, you AIN"T!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 06:54 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,130,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
They don’t want the police until they have nobody to protect them and they’ll be begging for them back.

He knows it’s not low class, hence bringing up Shadyside, Squirrel Hill, ML, etc..., and it’s obvious he’s been here very little, if ever.

I expect a lot of that, especially if the riff-raff continue to run amuck and continue to destroy things. I do, however, love the fact that Minneapolis got turned down for funding. Let them and every other area that lets this happen lay in the bed they make for themselves.

Not sure why anyone engages, I just put on ignore. No sense arguing and rather see sensible discussions.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:09 PM

806 posts, read 260,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Not sure why anyone engages, I just put on ignore. No sense arguing and rather see sensible discussions.
Ever been to the Cranberry Museum of History? Of course not, because there isn’t one. Just a strip mall.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
"Memberships"? Are you a member of the orchestra or do you have a subscription to the season?
I don't live in Cranberry ( seems like a nice place, though I will not set foot in a Walmart) , but your smug, self aggrandizing, self righteous assumption of your superiority because you live in the "city" is typical of those who convince themselves they are a cut above the ignorant hordes in the soulless suburbs.
Insufferable individuals of your ilk are precisely why many choose the suburbs, not the city with it's high taxes, crappy school system, and overpriced real estate, at least in the few neighborhoods worth living in.
Blanket statements like "Cranberry is low class" are quite revealing of your unwarranted, but perhaps desperate need to feel superior. Trust me, you AIN"T!
I have a subscription. Pardon the poor wording.

This forum is full of people talking about how horrible the city is. It’s weird how they act when you treat their home towns the same way they treat the city. Really makes you think about where their disdain for the city comes from.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:15 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
I have a subscription. Pardon the poor wording.

This forum is full of people talking about how horrible the city is. It’s weird how they act when you treat their home towns the same way they treat the city. Really makes you think about where their disdain for the city comes from.
I don’t recall anyone saying how horrible the city is, just stating some truths about it. It’s weird that someone would try to make an area out to be what it isn’t, especially since it’s obvious that they’ve spent little to no time there.

Who has disdain for it? Personally, I find certain parts of it to be a great place to visit.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:16 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
The NPR, NYT, and WaPo
I don't think you get it. These media platforms are all wanting to make sure Trump doesn't get reelected, so they report a one sided story. Get with the times. Seriously, even an idiot can see what is going on and this is from someone that didn't vote for him and probably won't vote for him this time around, but i am not blind. Come on.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I don’t recall anyone saying how horrible the city is, just stating some truths about it. It’s weird that someone would try to make an area out to be what it isn’t, especially since it’s obvious that they’ve spent little to no time there.

Who has disdain for it? Personally, I find certain parts of it to be a great place to visit.
Have you looked at the thread list?

I’d like to come visit the Cranberry Conservatory some day. When it exists.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I don't think you get it. These media platforms are all wanting to make sure Trump doesn't get reelected, so they report a one sided story. Get with the times. Seriously, even an idiot can see what is going on and this is from someone that didn't vote for him and probably won't vote for him this time around, but i am not blind. Come on.
Trump is a historically incompetent president, possibly worse than Warren G. Harding. He is mentally incompetent and he was dumber than a box of rocks when he was coherent. On top of that, he’s morally bankrupt and corrupt to the core.

The president literally thought stealth planes were invisible. He is that stupid.

The media is reporting on the man he is. Because that’s what he is. He’s a lifelong business failure and huckster. He’s cheated everyone he’s ever done business with. Without his daddy’s money he’d just be someone’s racist uncle posting garbage on Facebook.

The media’s job is to hold power accountable. Media that coddles those in power aren’t presenting journalism, they’re presenting propaganda.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:25 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Ever been to the Cranberry Museum of History? Of course not, because there isn’t one. Just a strip mall.
If anyone here wants to go to a museum we simply travel to Pittsburgh. Best of both worlds having such a short commute.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:25 PM

Quote:
If anyone here wants to go to a museum we simply travel to Pittsburgh. Best of both worlds having such a short commute.
So you’re saying Cranberry is entirely dependent on Pittsburgh and would have no independent existence without it? Hmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh