Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 08:36 PM

806 posts, read 258,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Can’t stand him. Taking all things away and has no concept of people’s mental state. He needs to go.
He's a really good governor with a handle on what's important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 08:40 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,025,234 times
im shocked at this, and heard it on the afternoon radio news. too late to click the link erieguy posted.

i am very curious as to why this happened. on the surface, its obviously to reduce another variable of covid spread....but this was discussed in MLB, planned out on how to do this with reduced risk.

i just dont get it. one might argue that if you dont allow THIS (with no fans planned to be at the ballpark), how you can possibly have people lingering around the Giant Eagle? those morons are going the wrong way (after like 5 months, youd think people figured out the directional protocols), not waiting tactfully to reach for an item (oh, thanks, like i really wanted to smell your armpits as you reach for the betty crocker)...

i am pretty disappointed. i guess my former jock fanboy really wanted sports back, even boring baseball.

Old 07-22-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
im shocked at this, and heard it on the afternoon radio news. too late to click the link erieguy posted.

i am very curious as to why this happened. on the surface, its obviously to reduce another variable of covid spread....but this was discussed in MLB, planned out on how to do this with reduced risk.

i just dont get it. one might argue that if you dont allow THIS (with no fans planned to be at the ballpark), how you can possibly have people lingering around the Giant Eagle? those morons are going the wrong way (after like 5 months, youd think people figured out the directional protocols), not waiting tactfully to reach for an item (oh, thanks, like i really wanted to smell your armpits as you reach for the betty crocker)...

i am pretty disappointed. i guess my former jock fanboy really wanted sports back, even boring baseball.
That's life.

The BJs were in Florida for a long period of time.

The governor's decision, while disappointing, is understandable.

Public health is more important than money.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:40 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,087,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post

Obviously essential businesses are immuned to the virus, lol.

It happened because Wolf is a clown. Going to be very interesting to see what happens when the free stuff runs out. I’d wager the people getting it are going to be begging to open stuff up.

Old 07-23-2020, 04:46 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,886,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

It happened because Wolf is a clown. Going to be very interesting to see what happens when the free stuff runs out. I’d wager the people getting it are going to be begging to open stuff up.
Indeed - we'll see how things change when the Feds stop paying people $600 a week to sit on their butts and advocate for continuing the shutdowns.

Old 07-23-2020, 04:54 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,025,234 times
Quote:

in all fairness, it is probably because levine advised against it.

again, there is a plan in place for MLB to conduct itself w/ regard to the pandemic. i question if that was considered, vs. normal life.

was at schenley park yesterday, as i often do weeknights....and as usual, no one was wearing a mask. even, AS ALWAYS, the people canoodling and snuggling on the big hill beyond the Oval.

i really think this is an incredible misjudgement on the state's part....but i am not ready to make it political or call anyone a 'clown'.

Old 07-23-2020, 05:24 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,980,733 times
Quote:

Another example of dysfunctional politicians / government. Why wasn't this discussed before the plan was put in place? Much of the money brought in by this plan would have want to the industries and occupations suffering the most. We are witnessing the greatest intrusion in to liberty in the history of our nation.

Old 07-23-2020, 07:16 AM

Quote:

Wolf has done a fantastic job mitigating this disease. Look at Arizona right now.

You may be near the end of your life and you might not care about what happens to your health or in the near future, but I certainly care about an appropriate pandemic response.

Human lives are more important than money, as Canada knows.

Old 07-23-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghSportsGuy420 View Post
Wolf has done a fantastic job mitigating this disease. Look at Arizona right now.

You may be near the end of your life and you might not care about what happens to your health or in the near future, but I certainly care about an appropriate pandemic response.

Human lives are more important than money, as Canada knows.
Lol

Anyone that’s scared of a virus with a 98%+ recovery rate, certainly has the choice to stay home.

Old 07-23-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Indeed - we'll see how things change when the Feds stop paying people $600 a week to sit on their butts and advocate for continuing the shutdowns.
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh