Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2022, 06:25 AM

1,117 posts, read 505,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It means nothing. Tim Benz reported today on Maddens show that Matt Canada said the hierarchy of qb’s was the plan from the start. He also said, and not confirmed by Canada, that due to the schedule with the Stillers having a tough opening schedule and playing 3 games in 12 days it’s likely that Trubisky was going to start anyway. There was also a Stillers reporter on the show that confirmed what Canada said and that there’s also talk of trading Rudolph but he’s only worth a 6th round pick…and a 5th at the very best.

They dig deep to right off most any Stiller, especially Ben, Watt, and Pickett, with Minkah thrown in every so often, lol.

There’s so little difference in the size of a pro and college ball that it’s meaningless. Pickett has bigger hands than Vick and he has zero problems.
Vick had zero problems? Uh, if you’re OK with a TD/INT ratio of 133/88… then sure. He made his bread with his elite athleticism and scrambling ability, something Pickett obviously doesn’t possess. Not to say hand size for sure means everything, but don’t you start to at least wonder when even the professional analysts and scouts are talking about it? Matt Williamson made a point too that he was alarmed just by the fact that there has literally never been another QB worth a lick make it in the NFL with smaller hands than Vick/Pickett. Don’t you at least wonder?

And I’m actually going to give Pickett the benefit of the doubt. I have no reason to dislike him other than the fact he went to Pitt (which is a big reason…) but if dude sucks, I’ll be alongside the other yinzers running him out of town. I just don’t fully understand the pick given this scenario with Trubisky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2022, 06:40 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,008,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
Vick had zero problems? Uh, if you’re OK with a TD/INT ratio of 133/88… then sure. He made his bread with his elite athleticism and scrambling ability, something Pickett obviously doesn’t possess. Not to say hand size for sure means everything, but don’t you start to at least wonder when even the professional analysts and scouts are talking about it? Matt Williamson made a point too that he was alarmed just by the fact that there has literally never been another QB worth a lick make it in the NFL with smaller hands than Vick/Pickett. Don’t you at least wonder?

And I’m actually going to give Pickett the benefit of the doubt. I have no reason to dislike him other than the fact he went to Pitt (which is a big reason…) but if dude sucks, I’ll be alongside the other yinzers running him out of town. I just don’t fully understand the pick given this scenario with Trubisky.
Vick had a great career in the NFL but it’s no surprise you’re trying to downplay it to try to criticize Pickett before he ever plays an NFL game.

Nah, I don’t wonder because Picketts hands are bigger than Vicks and I’m not obsessed with trying to downplay Pittsburgh football players…but I’ve said many times that I didn’t like the pick to begin with.

Nah, you won’t because he’s a meanie that went to Pitt and you’d run him out of town today if you could…but keep parroting MM, lol.

Old 04-10-2023, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Haskins blood alcohol level was .24. Guess he was his own worst enemy as stated.
Bingo…but without those paychecks, Haskins wife looking for money because Haskins was stupid enough to get himself drunk, took drugs, was out all night, etc…, and trying to cross a highway in his condition.

I’d wager his watch and money were spent/given to women and club “workers”, and on the woman they found passed out with him.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/10/dwayne...h-lawsuit/amp/

Last edited by erieguy; 04-10-2023 at 05:33 PM..

Old 04-24-2023, 06:30 PM

Despite claims that he had the most upside and the Stillers should’ve taken him, 1 good quarter of a Senior Bowl does a quality QB make. Since nobody wants Rudolph perhaps Rudolph could end up in front of Willis.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...edium=news_tab

Old 04-25-2023, 08:01 AM

1,903 posts, read 716,797 times
How can the Steelers be a topic in April?

Old 04-25-2023, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
They never stop being a topic. You must stay fixated on the Big10 as free agency has been going on for months and the Stillers have been in the thick of it…and the draft starts Thursday.

Last edited by erieguy; 04-25-2023 at 08:28 AM..

Old 04-25-2023, 08:32 AM

Quote:
They never stop being a topic. You must stay fixated on the Big10 as free agency has been going on for months and the Stillers have been in the thick of it…and the draft starts Thursday.
I watch no sports from April to September. I especially avoid the NFL preseason games. Baseball is unwatchable.

Old 04-25-2023, 08:39 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,512,389 times
Quote:
With the NFL Draft, there is more discussion about the Steelers in April than any other time of the year. People in this town are obsessed with whether they will trade up or down, and whether they will take an offensive tackle or cornerback in the first round. That's just what I have overheard.

Old 04-25-2023, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I watch no sports from April to September. I especially avoid the NFL preseason games. Baseball is unwatchable.
That explains a lot….and you’d have to be all but hibernating not to hear Stillers talk all year, especially leading up to the draft.

Last edited by erieguy; 04-25-2023 at 11:34 AM..

Old 04-25-2023, 12:03 PM

Quote:
That explains a lot….and you’d have to be all but hibernating not to hear Stillers talk all year, especially leading up to the draft.
No one I know talks about the Steelers until July. Maybe you know a lot of gamblers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh