Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2021, 03:41 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,683,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Much of the secondary was invisible in a few games, but Fitzpatrick was tied for 7th in the NFL in interceptions and Stillers finished with 3rd best defense in the league.

What more did you want Fitzpatrick to do?

Wasn’t Fitzpatrick equal to an 18th pick in the draft from the Dolphins? Who should they have taken at that pick in that draft?
He needed to try and make more plays. No turnovers from him. He needed to get more involved. Great players find a way to do that. I’m sorry he isn’t worth a first round pick, 18 overall. The Steelers would’ve been better to have Austin Jackson instead. The Steelers offensive line is crap. Jackson was the 18th pick and an offensive tackle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 05:41 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
He needed to try and make more plays. No turnovers from him. He needed to get more involved. Great players find a way to do that. I’m sorry he isn’t worth a first round pick, 18 overall. The Steelers would’ve been better to have Austin Jackson instead. The Steelers offensive line is crap. Jackson was the 18th pick and an offensive tackle.
So did Watt, Heyward, etc..., needed to make more plays. They didn’t need an offensive tackle at that time. They needed a DB and they got a good one.

Last edited by erieguy; 01-12-2021 at 05:53 AM..

Old 01-12-2021, 11:09 AM

Always love anonymous reputation comments. No idea who’s arguing this here, lol.

“Outcoached by a special teams coordinator, too. Time to go.”

Old 01-12-2021, 01:06 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
Lol, to think even I, who was being a big pessimist about the Steelers since the Bengals game, was fooled into thinking they’d win a close one last night (and then just soundly get eliminated by Buffalo next week).

That was a carbon copy of the Jags playoff game. Right down to them falsely getting our hopes up with a bit of a comeback only to screw it up anyway.

Everyone sucked. But hey, slightly better draft pick and they put us out of our misery sooner. Just have to deal with all the Cleveland trash talk and Juju/Claypool’s stupidity.

...idk about you all, but I hate a lot of the teams/players left in the playoffs. Go Buffalo? I guess. But I’ll bet the Ravens take them out.
really? i've always like Buffalo, the city and by association, the team. plus, that talentless overhyped guy Jon Bon Jovi proposed the idea of buying the team and moving them to Toronto, which makes me feel the Bills are like an endangered species that must be protected.

keep the NFL solely here....

and, the Rams? Always been a fan since the Wendell Tyler days, and I was so joyous when they returned to Los Angeles.

I am glad Seattle is out - i do not like them at all. I dont particularly like KC, but you have to admit the kid is fun to watch, and seems like a good guy (mahomes).

you really have no interest in any other teams in the post-season?

F cleveland.

I have respect for Baltimore and their fan base, but if they are bounced out, id be glad. if they won the big game, id be happy for them, but in a reserved way.

I still think Pgh at least was entertaining to climb back to within 12, and to have the ball in Cleve. territory (was in over the 50 when they punted?) - i mean, they at least played, compared to the Bears offense which was ridiculously impotent. also, the Rams won with some GREAT defense, but their offense was woeful as well. they really better get something going if they want to advance beyond their next game.

Old 01-14-2021, 11:39 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,222,470 times
Fichtner gone.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...randy-fichtner

Old 01-14-2021, 12:29 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,683,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzman66 View Post
The coordinators are always the scapegoat in this town. I thought Fichtner was fine. The Steelers have a stale head coach, graybeard QB, graybeard OL and talented players that can’t make the play or show up when it matters.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
The coordinators are always the scapegoat in this town. I thought Fichtner was fine. The Steelers have a stale head coach, graybeard QB, graybeard OL and talented players that can’t make the play or show up when it matters.
Lol. You’ve still never answered what moves, trades, draft picks, etc..., should be made to get to the SB, while factoring in the salary cap?

Old 01-14-2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzman66 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.beh...fl-news-rumors

Tomlin said yesterday there would be coaching changes...but word is he calls most of the defensive plays, and all of them against the Browns loss, so it’s unlikely Butler goes anywhere.

Last edited by erieguy; 01-14-2021 at 01:05 PM..

Old 01-14-2021, 12:44 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,855,823 times
Quote:
Rust Belt Randy was a terrible OC with no creativity and no balance. This won't solve all the Steeler's issues, but it is better than nothing and hopefully they can hire Matt Canada who also has some interest from other teams. The Steeler's will have some cap issues for a few years and it will take time to rebuild, but they need to fix the O-line and get a quality NFL running back and bring some balance to the offense to get things headed in the right direction. Looking at the AFC North for next season it appears that the Steeler's will be the worst team in the division as of right now and there is not much they can do to fix this issue in the short term.

Old 01-14-2021, 01:26 PM

MM tearing up the poor misunderstood kids. He’s called Juju AB jr, and Claypool AB jr jr, and doesn’t sound like anyone’s coming to their rescue. What a meanie.

Nothing I didn’t already know and/or say in regards to Ben and the Stillers, but that Gerry Dulac interview no doubt hurt a lot of feelings, especially Ben haters.

Last edited by erieguy; 01-14-2021 at 01:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh