Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 10:35 AM

882 posts, read 335,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I don't understand this post. I don't think most people think 1 or 2 at all. Most people think black or white have good and bad people. Most people in general are good people and it doesn't matter about color or whatever. Most people aren't protesting or bothering others. Most people are just working, paying bills and looking out after their families.

Racism is going on in every direction. So is sexism and ageism. This is part of life for everyone, but it isn't super common. It just seems the loud minorities that practice all of this crap are very loud and promoted by the media machine that loves to highlight idiots.

So then I'll ask you 2 questions;

1) Do you think that African American people make up a proportionally larger percentage of prisons than non African American people?

If so,

2) What do you think the reason for that is? I mean the root cause. In other words, if your answer is "Because they commit more crimes", then I would ask why do you think that's the case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 11:14 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,967,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
So then I'll ask you 2 questions;

1) Do you think that African American people make up a proportionally larger percentage of prisons than non African American people?
If so,
2) What do you think the reason for that is? I mean the root cause. In other words, if your answer is "Because they commit more crimes", then I would ask why do you think that's the case?
The biggest reason is no fathers at home as a percentage. I think that is changing, or I hope it is. That is the key factor. The male role model is key in a family unit. We see this with all races of course, but unfortunately the black community has almost 70% of children born without married parents.

I do feel with Trump things are changing for the better. Sometimes it works that way. Anger can be fuel for greatness. Holding the world in contempt so to speak. Trump angers a lot of minorities and women. As we can see, all you see on TV is AA and women. Biden is forced to pick a black woman running mate. Companies are forced to get more minorities and women on board. All this is due to hatred towards Trump. It is called fuel. Sure is an interesting study.

Old 08-04-2020, 11:38 AM

882 posts, read 335,311 times
Quote:
The biggest reason is no fathers at home as a percentage. I think that is changing, or I hope it is. That is the key factor. The male role model is key in a family unit. We see this with all races of course, but unfortunately the black community has almost 70% of children born without married parents.

I think you're right.

Why do you think that is?

Old 08-04-2020, 12:05 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,956,710 times
Quote:

I do feel with Trump things are changing for the better. Sometimes it works that way. Anger can be fuel for greatness. Holding the world in contempt so to speak. Trump angers a lot of minorities and women. As we can see, all you see on TV is AA and women. Biden is forced to pick a black woman running mate. Companies are forced to get more minorities and women on board. All this is due to hatred towards Trump. It is called fuel. Sure is an interesting study.

70% born to unmarried parents. What percentage of that 70% play an active role with raising the children. Marriage does not guarantee parental success. Marriage surely makes life easier and less expensive.

Old 08-04-2020, 01:30 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,967,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
70% born to unmarried parents. What percentage of that 70% play an active role with raising the children. Marriage does not guarantee parental success. Marriage surely makes life easier and less expensive.
I think you would have a better personal feel about how many fathers that aren't married have an active role. There was a time I hung around black neighborhoods with a few black friends I have had in my younger days, but that was too long ago to have a current feel.

In my area most everyone is married with children or empty nesters and still married. I don't know any single parent households in my area at all. That would be very rare. Now on the flip-side in Sharpsburg there would be a lot of single parents raising children. I don't know if it is a race issue. Maybe poorer people are more likely to be single parents. I honestly don't know.

Old 08-05-2020, 08:51 AM

806 posts, read 260,212 times
Quote:
I don't understand this post. I don't think most people think 1 or 2 at all. Most people think black or white have good and bad people. Most people in general are good people and it doesn't matter about color or whatever. Most people aren't protesting or bothering others. Most people are just working, paying bills and looking out after their families.

Racism is going on in every direction. So is sexism and ageism. This is part of life for everyone, but it isn't super common. It just seems the loud minorities that practice all of this crap are very loud and promoted by the media machine that loves to highlight idiots.
Hoo boy

Old 08-05-2020, 08:52 AM

806 posts, read 260,212 times
Quote:
I think you would have a better personal feel about how many fathers that aren't married have an active role. There was a time I hung around black neighborhoods with a few black friends I have had in my younger days, but that was too long ago to have a current feel.

In my area most everyone is married with children or empty nesters and still married. I don't know any single parent households in my area at all. That would be very rare. Now on the flip-side in Sharpsburg there would be a lot of single parents raising children. I don't know if it is a race issue. Maybe poorer people are more likely to be single parents. I honestly don't know.
White people actively and intentionally destroy prosperous black neighborhoods, see the Tulsa race riots or the Anthony Bordain interview with Sala Udin about how the Hill District was deliberately destroyed via eminent domain to build the Civic Arena.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh