Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2020, 05:59 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,526 times

Advertisements

If you are pulling in $150k a year ( doubt it in this case, anyone can type up a bogus W-2), why in hell would you live in crappy Beechview, with it's poorly paved, hilly streets, crowded,low quality housing, mediocre at best schools, and high city wage tax?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2020, 06:19 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
If you are pulling in $150k a year ( doubt it in this case, anyone can type up a bogus W-2), why in hell would you live in crappy Beechview, with it's poorly paved, hilly streets, crowded,low quality housing, mediocre at best schools, and high city wage tax?
Bingo

Old 08-31-2020, 08:46 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:
because maybe he got a good deal on a beautiful, older home?
because some streets there are in amazing condition, with the properties on said streets and in the immediate area kept in almost impeccable condition?
because he likes the vibe? (i never did, but that was 10 years ago, and i lived near a collective of people i didnt like).
because maybe pre-pandemic it was geographically advantageous to his and wife's work?

it is not a terrible neighborhood by any stretch! if i had to live south of the liberty tubes again (which i would probably not do, ever), i'd pick beechview over brookline for quiet and for cost, and over dormont because dormont is mostly ugly and heavily travelled w/ vehicles.

and, mt. lebo is a great place, but just for retards.

Old 09-01-2020, 11:14 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,282,749 times
Quote:
could be bs but they are consistent across social media. my guess is they got a good deal on house, increased income since then, and wouldn't be able to upgrade without spending significant cost and being reassessed on taxes (which they have bragged about being under-assessed before). unless you want to move to the suburbs "moving up" to a a bigger or house or "better" neighborhood is very expensive in the city and you pay the east end premium.

Old 09-01-2020, 05:56 PM

2,401 posts, read 2,101,337 times
Quote:
Live on the T line, minutes from town and all major roadways, access to city amenities, awesome public library, less than 15 minute commute to town if your job is there, lot of house for little coin.

Old 09-01-2020, 06:36 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Live on the T line, minutes from town and all major roadways, access to city amenities, awesome public library, less than 15 minute commute to town if your job is there, lot of house for little coin.
Just make sure you travel in a group. Remember that rapist was on that line and as things get crazier, I would avoid it. He wanted to get a "white" person raped. I think we are headed more in that direction to be honest. I think even wpipkins sees this.

Old 09-01-2020, 08:06 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Just make sure you travel in a group. Remember that rapist was on that line and as things get crazier, I would avoid it. He wanted to get a "white" person raped. I think we are headed more in that direction to be honest. I think even wpipkins sees this.
It’ll likely get worse. Arm yourself, keep from being a victim, and live life.

Old 09-02-2020, 06:21 AM

882 posts, read 335,353 times
LOL at all of the fear and thinking that it's so bad out there, you need to live your life with gun, afraid that some brown person might harm you.

Seriously, if you're so scared that you think you need to be armed in order to ride the T in town, find yourself a nice therapist and see if you can get some meds to help with your anxiety, or maybe meditation where you can retreat to your "safe place".

Oh, and we already know the canned response "But I don't live in fear...I just have a gun to protect myself" line that is used to make themselves not feel week and scared. If that's what is needed to ease the anxiety and feel like there's a shred of self respect, sure...why not. Just don't be under the additional delusion that you're really fooling anybody.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:12 AM

806 posts, read 260,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
My wife wakes up around 5:30 AM and jogs Rt. 19 down to Mt. Lebanon and back when the weather is good.

She's never once felt unsafe.

You people need to see a therapist.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:14 AM

806 posts, read 260,245 times
Quote:
It's worth it to not be near people like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh