Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 09:56 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Hey now, you can't stop progress, especially when it expresses the realities of modern urban life.

Do you have corner boys and squeegee kids yet?
One of the greatest things that happened in NYC was getting rid of the squeegees. We only have bums begging everywhere now, which was at one time not allowed. Now they are everywhere making tax-free money.

Yeah, I am surprised we don't have squeegees yet. I am sure they are welcome to do that. Might as well.

Corner boys? Are they the ones selling stuff?

Old 09-09-2020, 09:58 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Have had them in Baltimore for years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmNUEAE1xY4

Apologies for the intro ad.
Many many years! My cousin has a trailer and brings those things to Deep Creek Md for our Thanksgiving festivities. I hate them but the kids love them.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
OMG! I recently explored the new highline and saw them as well. Last Saturday or Sunday......It was vehicles of all types. Hood kids and college kids intermixed.
Good to know. I wanted to ride down the the Highline, but I am going to pass. Doesn't sound bike friendly.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yeah, but that is like some child saying Billy can stay out all night and I can't. Boohoo!

Do we want to live in the crap cities like Baltimore, Cleveland and Detroit? Is that were we are headed? Ugh!!!! Glad we have so many suburbs to choose from.
I love Baltimore, Cleveland and Detroit.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Yeah, but that is like some child saying Billy can stay out all night and I can't. Boohoo!

Do we want to live in the crap cities like Baltimore, Cleveland and Detroit? Is that were we are headed? Ugh!!!! Glad we have so many suburbs to choose from.
We are in the suburbs as well. You can no longer hide.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:03 AM

806 posts, read 260,362 times
Quote:
lol

Why are people so upset about people using motor vehicles on public roadways, again?

Old 09-09-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
"We"? You seem to feel race is a key factor. It isn't. Most protesting is being done by white spoiled college kids, not black people. I don't think you are riding quads around city streets, so not all black people are doing dumb things, most aren't.

Stop blanketing things. You are smarter than that. You assume it is race, but it is law abiding that is wanted. Riding a bunch of illegal vehicles down a wrong way on 5th Ave in Oakland is stupid. There are reasons for laws and all blame is on the people doing it, BUT it is also on Peduto for not allowing police to do their jobs and crack the whip and hard with plenty of force. That is the only way to stop it. It won't affect you. You are not breaking laws. I also thought you have called police about the quads everywhere? Maybe I misread that or it was someone else?

Forget race for a moment. I would just like to see law and order back in the city. I don't think the quad thing will fly in my area. Especially Aspinwall and O'Hara. They are pretty tough on outsiders as I have noticed. Also, citizens are very on it and will be calling 911 in a second cops come very fast. I have had to call twice and it was fast and different forces will come together. Aspinwall, O'Hara and FC will just come to any call since there isn't much going on.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:42 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Who’s hiding? Everyone seems to be living life more and more as things are opening up, no matter where they are/live.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:58 AM

806 posts, read 260,362 times
Quote:
I would just like to see law and order back in the city.
Seems pretty lawful and orderly here to me. It's nice and quiet on my street.

People who don't live in the city have a warped perception of what goes on here.

Old 09-09-2020, 11:04 AM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
One of the greatest things that happened in NYC was getting rid of the squeegees. We only have bums begging everywhere now, which was at one time not allowed. Now they are everywhere making tax-free money.

Yeah, I am surprised we don't have squeegees yet. I am sure they are welcome to do that. Might as well.

Corner boys? Are they the ones selling stuff?
If by "stuff" you mean street level retail pharmaceutical sales, then yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghSportsGuy420 View Post
lol

Why are people so upset about people using motor vehicles on public roadways, again?
You really don't know the difference between not street legal ATVs and minibikes and licensed motor vehicles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh