Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 07:23 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times

Advertisements

I have mentioned this many times, but I guess with Peduto in charge you can do whatever you want including driving all kind of motorcycles/dirtbikes/quads and pickup trucks down 5th Ave. going the wrong direction. I think they are from Homewood, but guessing as I have seen them around there and they are increasing in numbers and getting crazier with going down 5th in Oakland the wrong way headed toward traffic. People just stopped in shock, but what can anyone do? If you try and do anything you might get killed or to viral.

I guess it is time to get a Hummer H1 to drive on our city streets. Thanks Peduto! Worst mayor ever.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...EPIBWLBEKZGG4/

Old 09-08-2020, 07:42 PM

56 posts, read 15,099 times
Surprised that he didn't come out of wherever he's hiding to complain about the bike lanes being improperly used. Peduto still hasn't commented on the restaurant attacks or the bike rampage through the East End on Monday. Why is so difficult for our Mayor to denounce lawlessness? Where is the leadership in this city?

Old 09-08-2020, 11:39 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,397,068 times
I like how he condemns the rioters in front of his house. His Twitter says he is only getting the same protection any citizen would get. There are 6 cops in riot gear in front of his house but none in front of his neighbors. I sure his neighbors slept comfortably with all that extra security.

Old 09-09-2020, 05:11 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,059,604 times
i think you all are being a little unfair to Peduto.

the motorcycle swarm was Labor Day. should armed guards be posted at all times on the streets to direct traffic?

I don't know about the other vehicles going the wrong way, but i think ive seen this motorcycle group. they are from somewhere in the east end (homewood?) and are in their late teens/early 20s. i do not think they formally protest anything. they seem to enjoy buzzing people and generally being the unprintable in this fine social forum.

Old 09-09-2020, 05:30 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,962,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I have mentioned this many times, but I guess with Peduto in charge you can do whatever you want including driving all kind of motorcycles/dirtbikes/quads and pickup trucks down 5th Ave. going the wrong direction. I think they are from Homewood, but guessing as I have seen them around there and they are increasing in numbers and getting crazier with going down 5th in Oakland the wrong way headed toward traffic. People just stopped in shock, but what can anyone do? If you try and do anything you might get killed or to viral.

I guess it is time to get a Hummer H1 to drive on our city streets. Thanks Peduto! Worst mayor ever.

Is this news? Young black ATV and dirt bike riders have plagued the streets in the hood for almost 10 years now. These types of events occur in urban communities from Oakland CA to Newark NJ. Nothing new and WPXI is late to the game. My neighbors have been calling the police for many years. No news footage.

Washington DC

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...207_video.html

Atlanta Ga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-2qef7DvQk

Cleveland Oh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bGbbGO06KA

Old 09-09-2020, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i think you all are being a little unfair to Peduto.

the motorcycle swarm was Labor Day. should armed guards be posted at all times on the streets to direct traffic?

I don't know about the other vehicles going the wrong way, but i think ive seen this motorcycle group. they are from somewhere in the east end (homewood?) and are in their late teens/early 20s. i do not think they formally protest anything. they seem to enjoy buzzing people and generally being the unprintable in this fine social forum.
These kids are not from one specific area. These young men come from Stanton Heights, Penn Hills, Monroeville, The Hill District, Homewood, southside and northside. They are everywhere but mostly yooung men with access to garages.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:33 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,103,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

Not making any excuses for the riders lack of safety or courtesy, but this ride happened in multiple municipalities. Don't think Peduto has jurisdiction in McKees Rocks...

Old 09-09-2020, 06:35 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Not making any excuses for the riders lack of safety or courtesy, but this ride happened in multiple municipalities. Don't think Peduto has jurisdiction in McKees Rocks...
So why not address it where he does have jurisdiction?

Old 09-09-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Penn Hills

Churchill

Wlikinsburg

Swissvale

Edgewood

Verona

Mon Valley..............

Old 09-09-2020, 07:01 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
I have been stopped before by this motorcycle/pickup/quad group and mentioned it here before.

I guess this is the new norm. wpipkins said they ride in the hood for the past 10 years, but it seems that they are much bolder now and ride wherever they please even down the wrong way in Oakland with students on foot/bike and whatever. Looks safe enough. The new norm. Yep.

I will just have to be even more careful on my bike or just stop riding it. If they can ride down 5th the wrong way like it is just another day, they can certainly ride down bike trails. Why not? I guess since they do this in other cities, we need to allow it here. Looking forward to when this group rides down Butler in Lawrenceville, or have they done it already?

I guess I am starting to care less and less. I have to adjust my standards in my own mind and not feel pride in our city and just look at it like a place I deal with. If I hear a two stroke, I should know to ride like crazy to the nearest safe spot if I can find one. Just gotta be prepared. Have they been known to rob people and just ride off? I would like to know, so I could change my stratagy and maybe ride into someone's yard and further away with gun at the ready. Sounds appealing in a way. Keeps your mind nimble and like a live video game.

Oh, I don't think the news it late to the party. I think they reported it because it is a lot more bold to ride the wrong way down 5th Ave in Oakland. If they can do that with no problem, the can ride anywhere they want. Such a nice safe city we live in. Thanks Peduto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh