Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2020, 07:35 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,340,968 times

Advertisements

Take a look at the registration numbers for the state, particularly in the Pittsburgh area.
Allegheny got a Dem bump, but in the previous week the GOP lead the week in the county.
https://twitter.com/mantlehog/status...59091430789126

People need to be taking these registrations seriously, not polls. If T was in serious trouble there wouldn't be huge increases in GOP registrations. Pittsburgh and Philly lost registered Dems since 2016 and there's likelihood of a lower minority turnout. The indies like they did for Romney will probably go for Creepy Joe but this is likely gonna be a base election.

And no I'm not voting for either candidate. Trump hasn't done enough to earn my vote but the Demwits are garbage and they are equally to blame for the mess in 2020 as the WH/GOP, if not more due to them pushing lockdowns and rioting BLM/antifa.

Last edited by Marv95; 10-14-2020 at 07:51 AM..

Old 10-14-2020, 10:35 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Hmmm. Almost sounds like there’s people who have stayed silent through all of this and are now coming to the forefront.

Old 10-14-2020, 11:43 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Take a look at the registration numbers for the state, particularly in the Pittsburgh area.
Allegheny got a Dem bump, but in the previous week the GOP lead the week in the county.

People need to be taking these registrations seriously, not polls. If T was in serious trouble there wouldn't be huge increases in GOP registrations. Pittsburgh and Philly lost registered Dems since 2016 and there's likelihood of a lower minority turnout. The indies like they did for Romney will probably go for Creepy Joe but this is likely gonna be a base election.

And no I'm not voting for either candidate. Trump hasn't done enough to earn my vote but the Demwits are garbage and they are equally to blame for the mess in 2020 as the WH/GOP, if not more due to them pushing lockdowns and rioting BLM/antifa.
Trumps racist and xenophobic rhetoric will ensure a very high minority turn out. We are sick of seeing his face on a daily basis. We will stop at nothing to oust him from the white house.

Old 10-14-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Trumps racist and xenophobic rhetoric will ensure a very high minority turn out. We are sick of seeing his face on a daily basis. We will stop at nothing to oust him from the white house.
Interesting take, especially with Biden’s obviously racist past, and even Kamala Harris called him a racist.

Do you think she was wrong in what she said?

Old 10-14-2020, 12:02 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Who is "we"? I've seen that there are quite a few Black and Latinx Trump supporters. Gay ones, too. I really don't understand it. In my mind it's sort of like chanting "Slugs for salt!!!" For some reason he really appeals to a wide range of people, though. I really don't get it.

Old 10-14-2020, 12:06 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,340,968 times
Quote:
Your guy voted for the crime bill incarcerating blacks for nonsense. Your guy "joked" "You ain't black" if you're black and vote for Trump. Your guy called Obama one of the good ones. Your guy's running mate referred to him as a racist during the debates.

You people still haven't explained what xenophobic and racist rhetoric or actions has he taken part in since being sworn in. As a black guy, explain it to me. And no, the "fine people" hoax about Charlottesville doesn't count; that was already debunked, even by liberal outlets.

Quote:
Who is "we"? I've seen that there are quite a few Black and Latinx Trump supporters. Gay ones, too. I really don't understand it. In my mind it's sort of like chanting "Slugs for salt!!!" For some reason he really appeals to a wide range of people, though. I really don't get it.
It's the alpha mentality, SCR. Many gays are also business owners and view Trump as an ally when it comes to their bottom lines.

Old 10-14-2020, 12:09 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,697,252 times
Biden is one of the worst lesser of two evil choices I can recall. I really am dismayed that after 4 supposedly horrible years of Trump that Biden is the best they can do. Buttigieg, O'Rourke would have been better choices. Even Bernie.

Old 10-14-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Your guy voted for the crime bill incarcerating blacks for nonsense. Your guy "joked" "You ain't black" if you're black and vote for Trump. Your guy called Obama one of the good ones. Your guy's running mate referred to him as a racist during the debates.

You people still haven't explained what xenophobic and racist rhetoric or actions has he taken part in since being sworn in. As a black guy, explain it to me. And no, the "fine people" hoax about Charlottesville doesn't count; that was already debunked, even by liberal outlets.
Double Bingo

Old 10-14-2020, 12:17 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
Trump is not 'racist', nor 'xenophobic'. He is just not warm and fuzzy. He's insulted women, the physically impaired, the DEAD/martyred. Let's be honest - most of us have KNOWN that personality type.
This is not why a lot of people like him - they like him that you can't ever call out any inconsistencies on his behaviour.

He has NEVER enacted policy based on race. The same illegal persons policies apply to Canada, Europe, and Asia, not only to the Guatamalan/Salvadoran masses that marched through Mexico (facing ostracism and hate there, too) intending to get into the United States. We are talking thousands of people at once, all undocumented, and sorry to say - most without skills and literacy. Of course, this became an anti-hispanic thing. No - it was a PRO-American thing. Somehow, we aren't allowed to protect our quality of life, as fragile as it is with too many people in the underclass.
Governors from the border states were complaining maybe since REAGAN about illegal entries and the social cost. No one ever did anything seriously about it....enter Trump, with the cajones to actually put a stop to it.

The restrictions on some muslim countries were just that - on SOME muslim countries. I do not believe that was an anti-muslim thing. Look - don't support anti-Western groups. Don't cheer when a neighboring state talks about evil Israel and how it must be destroyed. Don't pretend to be our friend (for our tech, and gasoline markets), then stick a dagger in our back. Don't be a person enrolled in an American university, then get on some list for your social posts tied to...terrorist organizations!
Don't do any of that, and maybe the US will get off your back.

So far, it sounds like he just has the guts to do for our common good - its treading ground none other would have dared do, not even Bush 1.

Add to that how he is atypical of any prez. This is a gray area - in my view, he hasn't 'drained the swamp', but instead created his own septic tank. Some people, however, like his SOB, gutsy approach, septic tank symptoms be damned.

Old 10-14-2020, 12:27 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:

The registration. Numbers are interesting. I left the Democratic Party and joined the Republicans. Don’t like Trump but the left isn’t my thing anymore. I started to realize when they called all Trump voters racists, I knew they were just a very ugly group I couldn’t be involved with. The left went nuts and look bad with their racism sexism and even ageism. No thanks. Heck the left even uses the term patriot as an insult. Wow, I am sure our veterans and military are pleased about that. Talk about no respect for others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh