Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2020, 11:13 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
don't you care about the United States overall? the national debt? violent crime as a way of life?
Of course, but Trump hate clouds reality, and many have to learn the hard way, and only when it affects them first hand are they able to understand.

Old 11-04-2020, 11:20 AM

8,319 posts, read 5,474,844 times
Quote:
don't you care about the United States overall? the national debt? violent crime as a way of life?
Can you provide statistics that shows that crime was higher under Obama (the last Democrat) vs. Trump? Can you also show how much Trump has spent vs. previous president?

Otherwise this is just talking points.

Old 11-04-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Can you provide statistics that shows that crime was higher under Obama (the last Democrat) vs. Trump? Can you also show how much Trump has spent vs. previous president?

Do you think defunding the police isn’t going to cause more crime? Btw, I’ve been in huge favor of the idea since I first heard it being proposed.

Old 11-04-2020, 11:28 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
Quote:

did i say that crime was higher? no.
did i insinuate things were worse under Obama? no.
i was asking erie a question in response to his post about the possible Biden administration, and used TWO typical issues as example topics.

Old 11-04-2020, 11:32 AM

882 posts, read 335,084 times
Quote:

Do you care about the national debt?

Old 11-04-2020, 11:39 AM

198 posts, read 80,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Do you think defunding the police isn’t going to cause more crime? Btw, I’ve been in huge favor of the idea since I first heard it being proposed.
Many rural municipalities completely defunded their police departments in Pennsylvania. There hasn't been a surge in rural crime.

Old 11-04-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_lanes View Post
Many rural municipalities completely defunded their police departments in Pennsylvania. There hasn't been a surge in rural crime.
“Rural” being the key word..., but I do look forward to seeing how it works out in urban areas.

Old 11-04-2020, 02:13 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:

The president has very little to do with crime. Just look at what is happening to nyc. They no doubt miss Bloomberg and the real mastermind Giuliani. What a disaster as are most democratic cities. Wow!

Old 11-04-2020, 02:24 PM

8,319 posts, read 5,474,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
The president has very little to do with crime. Just look at what is happening to nyc. They no doubt miss Bloomberg and the real mastermind Giuliani. What a disaster as are most democratic cities. Wow!
How many big cities dont have Democratic mayors and councils? Jacksonville, Fort Worth, Miami, OKC, and I think maybe San Diego. Thats it.

Now if we compare cities run by Democrats vs. cities run by Republicans we can see that cities run by Democrats had a 29% rise in crime year over year. Cities run by Republicans had a 26% rise in crime year over year.

Specifically, if we compare the largest Democrat run cities to the Republican ones, Chicago had the highest violent crime rise but Fort Worth was a very close 2nd. Both a lot more so than NYC.

There isnt a correlation due to political party.

Old 11-04-2020, 02:42 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
Do you care about the national debt?
erieguy gives you daily purpose, it seems. i am the only person complaining about the national debt on this board, and have been for years.

i am old enough to remember a different America (not as wacked, drug-addled, and with such self-entitlement) where the debt was issue #1 or #2 each election. not that anyone ever did anything about it after they were elected except Bill clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh