Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2021, 10:35 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNevermind View Post
Oh of course not, none of the backups are even close. But it's just a shame he didn't go out on top.
Stillers haven’t been on top in years. He did exactly what he should’ve done and got paid greatly to do it. Nobody would turn that money down, but it’s hilarious how folks think he should’ve passed it up. Lots of players have been in his position and nobody remembers 1 bad year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2021, 10:45 AM

199 posts, read 84,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Stillers haven’t been on top in years. He did exactly what he should’ve done and got paid greatly to do it. Nobody would turn that money down, but it’s hilarious how folks think he should’ve passed it up. Lots of players have been in his position and nobody remembers 1 bad year.

I mean, I guess if all one cares about is money...I would think he'd have had a little more pride about his legacy, but to each their own I guess. I suppose not everyone's the same. Some players care way more about the money.

Old 09-27-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I mean, I guess if all one cares about is money...I would think he'd have had a little more pride about his legacy, but to each their own I guess. I suppose not everyone's the same. Some players care way more about the money.
Noll, Ward, Harris, etc…stayed too long. Harris even finished his career in Seattle and barely anyone remembers it. 1 year has zero to do with a legacy, and passing up $14m is ludicrous for something nobody’s going to remember.

Old 09-27-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Noll, Ward, Harris, etc…stayed too long. Harris even finished his career in Seattle and barely anyone remembers it. 1 year has zero to do with a legacy, and passing up $14m is ludicrous for something nobody’s going to remember.

Oh I know, I'm aware of those guys. Harris playing for the Seahawks was embarrassing. Like I said, I just figured Ben would have a little more pride in his game than that, but I guess I was wrong. Oh well....he'll at least have his millions!

Plus the real blame here goes on the Steelers management. The fact that they couldn't see Ben was done prior to this season is bad. They get paid to know that kind of thing, and not have to discover it 2 games into the season.

Old 09-27-2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Oh I know, I'm aware of those guys. Harris playing for the Seahawks was embarrassing. Like I said, I just figured Ben would have a little more pride in his game than that, but I guess I was wrong. Oh well....he'll at least have his millions!
Interesting how you didn’t say any of this before the season started, and thinking pride overrides $14m is priceless…and any qb behind this line is going to look bad.

Lol. The management should’ve be blamed for this line, as no qb is able to do anything behind it.

Why didn’t you see it and post this about Ben before the season?

Old 09-27-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Interesting how you didn’t say any of this before the season started, and thinking pride overrides $14m is priceless…and any qb behind this line is going to look bad.

Lol. The management should’ve be blamed for this line, as no qb is able to do anything behind it.

Why didn’t you see it and post this about Ben before the season?

I didn't even know about this website before the season started.

I agree the line is terrible. But management wasted a ton of money on Ben this season. He's totally done. They're not going to make the playoffs no matter who's qb, so they shouldn't have though that Ben was capable of lifting this team on his back. He's just too old to do that anymore. It's sad. He was truly a great one.

Old 09-27-2021, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I didn't even know about this website before the season started.

I agree the line is terrible. But management wasted a ton of money on Ben this season. He's totally done. They're not going to make the playoffs no matter who's qb, so they shouldn't have though that Ben was capable of lifting this team on his back. He's just too old to do that anymore. It's sad. He was truly a great one.
You joined this month and were obviously here before the last game and didn’t predict any of this info.

Easy for you to say now, $14m isn’t a ton of money, and hindsight is 20/20.

Since what’s done is done, what should they do to better the line this season, and what should they do next season for a qb, the line, etc.., to help make the Stillers a playoff team?

Old 09-27-2021, 11:33 AM

Quote:
You joined this month and were obviously here before the last game and didn’t predict any of this info.

Easy for you to say now, $14m isn’t a ton of money, and hindsight is 20/20.

Since what’s done is done, what should they do to better the line this season, and what should they do next season for a qb, the line, etc.., to help make the Stillers a playoff team?

You got me on that one! I guess I don't spend a lot of time here.

But still...the GM and talent evaluators get paid a lot of money to do their job, and it looks like they clearly made a mistake here in giving Ben all that money to play this year.

I think first they should have used some of the $10M + in cap space that they have to upgrade the o-line. Why ask Ben to restructure just to leave the money sit there? They should have not let Decasto's injury blindside them so late in the offseason. They should have replaced Munchak with better than Sarrett and whoever they have now. They should kick Canada back to college. He doesn't look like he calls a game any better than Finchtner. And they should have started looking earlier for a qb replacement.

If either of us had all the answers, we'd be getting millions as a GM in the NFL. But it doesn't take a genius to see Steelers management really screwed it up here.

Old 09-27-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
You got me on that one! I guess I don't spend a lot of time here.

But still...the GM and talent evaluators get paid a lot of money to do their job, and it looks like they clearly made a mistake here in giving Ben all that money to play this year.

I think first they should have used some of the $10M + in cap space that they have to upgrade the o-line. Why ask Ben to restructure just to leave the money sit there? They should have not let Decasto's injury blindside them so late in the offseason. They should have replaced Munchak with better than Sarrett and whoever they have now. They should kick Canada back to college. He doesn't look like he calls a game any better than Finchtner. And they should have started looking earlier for a qb replacement.

If either of us had all the answers, we'd be getting millions as a GM in the NFL. But it doesn't take a genius to see Steelers management really screwed it up here.
Yep, you keep saying that but only after the fact of a loss.

How much money “was sitting there”?

DeCastro blindsided them with the ankle injury in late June.

Munchak has been gone for 3 years. “Whoever they have now” isn’t going to make a no talent line better. Who should they have hired?

Canada is already here. Nothing can be done.

Should’ve, could’ve, would’ve is all hindsight.

The trade deadline isn’t until Nov 2. What should they do to make the team better?

Old 09-27-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Yep, you keep saying that but only after the fact of a loss.

How much money “was sitting there”?

DeCastro blindsided them with the ankle injury in late June.

Munchak has been gone for 2 years. You’re behind a year.

Canada is already here. Nothing can be done.

Should’ve, could’ve, would’ve is all hindsight.

The trade deadline isn’t until Nov 2. What should they do to make the team better?

They had, and still do have about $11M in cap space being unused.

I know he has. If you read what I posted I said "They should have replaced Munchak with better than Sarrett and whoever they have now.". Sarrett replaced Munchack, and now he's been replaced by some other assistant. They need to take that position more seriously .

I know he's done...you asked what they should do. They should get rid of Canada.

This season is a bust, there's nothing to be done except try to get Harris and the TE reps so that they continue to improve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh