Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 06:28 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,333 times

Advertisements

you can't make this stuff up

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...iscrimination/

obviously we're all opposed to any type of discrimination, but doesn't he have more important priorities right now, like coming up with a plan to fix the $100+ million gap in the city's annual budget?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 06:43 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
LMAO

That’s what he should be concerning himself with, amongst other things, but things like this are more in line with his capabilities.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:59 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,493 times
This is what the East End Centre of the Universe of the Most Holy Pure and Progressive People's Democratic Republic of Pittsburgh gets when they elect a virtue-signaling, attention-seeking clown as mayor.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:46 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
This is what the East End Centre of the Universe of the Most Holy Pure and Progressive People's Democratic Republic of Pittsburgh gets when they elect a virtue-signaling, attention-seeking clown as mayor.
The Trust Fund Children of Greater Shadyside resent your incorrect characterization of them:

Old 10-06-2020, 08:48 AM

1,411 posts, read 565,878 times
I just checked and it's not April 1st, so , sadly, this must be true.
Glad to see the oh so woke clown has his priorities in order, along with the wise solons that make up city council.
By all means, comrades of the People's Republic, keep electing these numbskulls with a D after their name.
That's all youn's need, donch'a know?
These wise, well educated & informed progressives know what's best for you. even the over educated, clueless twits in the East End.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:53 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
you can't make this stuff up

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...iscrimination/

obviously we're all opposed to any type of discrimination, but doesn't he have more important priorities right now, like coming up with a plan to fix the $100+ million gap in the city's annual budget?
I am black and wear my hair in its natural state. Black men and women have embraced their natural hair and will wear it in all forms and textures. This can cause issues with employment and or education. Black people have the right to be black in all forms and textures. White people can no longer dictate our hair styles or texture. This is great news and is happening from coast to coast. Peduto is keeping up with other cities and states across the US. Good for him.

Old 10-06-2020, 09:00 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
The Trust Fund Children of Greater Shadyside resent your incorrect characterization of them:
That woman yelling is how I look at cities across the country for the past 3 1/2 years. Every city has been whining and complaining Trump's entire term. The hair thingy is just the new norm. I guess white hippies and such can wear their hair down to their ankles now as well even if they are an equipment operator that could pose a danger to themselves and others. Goodness how low are we going to be as a society when this pandemic is over?

Old 10-06-2020, 09:13 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,917,912 times
This is the type of thing that hurts no one, but helps others yet we still have people complaining about it. The pure lack of empathy disguised as "we have better things to worry about" from people that never had to worry about this is disappointing but not surprising.

As for having other things to work on? So, I am sure he can do both and its not like he can just print money to fill that gap in funding, so he might as well advance something that helps some of our citizens.

Also, sort of disappointing to see some people join the ranks of those who find it wholly appropriate to mock liberals at every chance they get. Keep owning those East Enders I guess. Sadly I feel like those who do that care much more about it than those who are being "owned."

Old 10-06-2020, 09:31 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
This is the type of thing that hurts no one, but helps others yet we still have people complaining about it. The pure lack of empathy disguised as "we have better things to worry about" from people that never had to worry about this is disappointing but not surprising.
I haven't read the whole thing because I would wear my hair short all the time because long hair is in my way, but if it makes private schools change their hair policy on length of hair I am against it because I don't think anyone should be given some special treatment. I know there used to be some schools that had length requirements.

I also haven't heard of any "discrimination" cases in our area at all with the hair thingy. Everyone just went by the rules of length and no one was immune to it as it should be if you sign up for a private school. If this has more to do with "texture" or whatever why do we need it? Who the heck cares what product is in someone's hair so long as it isn't getting on other people or dripping.

I need some real examples to make me change my mind, but this topic is so silly I am not going to look into it. Peduto must be feeling the end is near for him to keep his job and looking for some more votes I guess. What a clown he truly is! Doesn't back the police at all and now into hairdos.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:12 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,698,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I am black and wear my hair in its natural state. Black men and women have embraced their natural hair and will wear it in all forms and textures. This can cause issues with employment and or education. Black people have the right to be black in all forms and textures. White people can no longer dictate our hair styles or texture. This is great news and is happening from coast to coast. Peduto is keeping up with other cities and states across the US. Good for him.
I totally agree with you. But if Mayor Peduto also concerned himself with the daily nuts and bolts issues we wouldn't be complaining. I'm everywhere in the city and it's in dire need of cleaning. Garbage, weeds, potholes. Landslides. Not to mention the safety issues downtown lately. And general economic development and promoting our city. These are the issues Peduto seems to never be concerned about, unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh