Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 04:17 PM

166 posts, read 91,307 times

Advertisements

Bloom daddy on 1320
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 04:23 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I always thought erieguy was Mark Madden?
Nah, but I agree with much of what he says.

Old 10-21-2020, 05:47 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old96 View Post
Bloom daddy on 1320
what IS 1320 doing these days? I used to listen so long ago because i still like swing and the big band era (dad and uncle's influence).

my favorites are Whipping Boy and Abbey Krizner from WXDX. they have that 'genuine real person' quality, and still into their 30s have that youthful spirit and love for music and expression....in my view, anyway.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:20 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old96 View Post
Bloom daddy on 1320
listening now - so far so good

Old 10-21-2020, 07:03 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
listening now - so far so good
i see its an all talk format.

i just missed this Bloom Daddy...will try to hear him later this week.

Old 10-21-2020, 07:47 AM

437 posts, read 187,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
i have to go with chris moore on KDKA radio, not because i agree with his politics 100%, but because he keeps it real

the dude is old-school to the max, isn't afraid to discuss conspiracy theories, takes callers from all over the political spectrum and he's a veteran of the vietnam war (what's more real than that)

he's clearly a progressive liberal but doesn't hit the audience over the head with his politics, like lynne and mangino whose every other sentence seems to include the word "mask"

Chris Moore is extremely un-informed, naive and misinformed. I stopped listening to him years ago

The only local person I listen to is Jim Quinn. The format is fantastic. No moronic callers to suffer and Quinn get straight to the point and is a well-paced show.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:20 AM

882 posts, read 335,446 times
Doug Hoerth, RIP

Old 10-21-2020, 11:23 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
Chris Moore is extremely un-informed, naive and misinformed. I stopped listening to him years ago

The only local person I listen to is Jim Quinn. The format is fantastic. No moronic callers to suffer and Quinn get straight to the point and is a well-paced show.
Didn’t even know Jim Quinn was still alive. Haven’t heard of him in years.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:31 AM

437 posts, read 187,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
Doug Hoerth, RIP

Oh man, now there is someone I dearly miss. Uncle Dougie was the best and I have yet to find anyone who can match his ability to engage the audience and be as entertaining. What a gem Doug Hoerth was. When he and Laurence were together, it was magical. So sad how both have passed away. I was really sad reading about how heart broken Doug was just prior to his death because he couldn't do what he loved. RIP, Uncle Dougie. This guy sure misses the hell out you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Didn’t even know Jim Quinn was still alive. Haven’t heard of him in years.

Oh yeah, erieguy, he returned on April 1, 2015. Been a subscriber since day 1. It's amazing listening to Quinn and then listening to Joe Biden speak. Both are the same age but Quinn is razor sharp and Joe is well, not as sharp as he used to be.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:37 AM

882 posts, read 335,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
Oh man, now there is someone I dearly miss. Uncle Dougie was the best and I have yet to find anyone who can match his ability to engage the audience and be as entertaining. What a gem Doug Hoerth was. When he and Laurence were together, it was magical. So sad how both have passed away. I was really sad reading about how heart broken Doug was just prior to his death because he couldn't do what he loved. RIP, Uncle Dougie. This guy sure misses the hell out you.

Yeah, you can still find some of his shows on youtube.

His show was so unique in that there was no overt political agenda. I mean, he would talk politics sometimes, but you never got a sense that he was just there to stir controversy like everyone is now. But mainly the movie talk, music talk, just the stories he would tell. I found a guy on Chicago radio that has a podcast that was close, Nick Digilio, but i think he just recently got cancelled. You can still find his podcasts though if you want to listen.

I still have the last email conversation I had with him in 2008. I was asking him about getting back on the radio, and about his book idea that he had always talked about. This was his reply

Quote:
for now; a week of me on the web is the best i can do. make a long story short;nobody's interested.

the book is long term.....gotten encouragement from primo folks; but it's all on SPEC
don't forget Sunday; repeated all week long. and the show will include tons of talk
....greatest prez race in history and I'm on sidelines. maybe i shoud do a blog....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh