Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 04:04 PM

1,170 posts, read 536,148 times

Advertisements

i'll tell you why - in 2008 she supported the mccain/palin ticket and got a yard sign from the campaign - that sign was gone THE NEXT DAY

you know - john mccain, the moderate republican who hated trump?

she's worried, and rightly so, if she put a trump/pence sign in the front yard of her shadyside home that not only would the sign be stolen immediately, her house would be targeted for vandalism because democrats seem to dislike trump way more than they disliked mccain

what's up with that? is she off-base in thinking that way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2020, 04:53 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,697,252 times
No she isn't off-base which is sad. A Trump sign on a Mount Lebanon resident's lawn of a rather expensive home on Jefferson Drive was recently spray-painted "BLM" and "racist".

Signs are stolen of both parties and jerks are everywhere. But everyone's opinion should be respected and people need to leave signs alone. Oh, and take them down after the election. This goes for those put on public spaces..intersections, etc.

Old 10-19-2020, 05:17 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Don’t do it. Not worth it in the city. Suburbs have both signs no problem. City is full of bullies.

Old 10-19-2020, 05:25 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Depends on where she lives would she likely have a problem putting up the sign. If she puts it up the city and nearby suburbs, absolutely.

Old 10-19-2020, 05:58 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,392,312 times
I never showed my trump love because I was afraid of my things being damaged. My company name is a truck and backhoe. People dont know how to handle there feelings like an adult.

Old 10-19-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
I never showed my trump love because I was afraid of my things being damaged. My company name is a truck and backhoe. People dont know how to handle there feelings like an adult.
Bingo

Old 10-19-2020, 06:34 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
I've had people upset with me and scream at me.

they all finish with the same thing - "how can you vote for trump????"

i never ever said i was going to vote for trump. but calling out the dem ticket as such a terrible one, and dissecting all their problems as inevitable failures (because i'm smarter than joe biden and kamala put together) makes them cry like a baby and, in frustration, DEMAND how i can vote for trump.

then, i bash my head into a telephone pole - THAT is more constructive than trying to talk to these idiots.

Old 10-19-2020, 06:35 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,392,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
*their
I hope correcting me allows you to sleep better tonight.

Old 10-19-2020, 06:38 PM

807 posts, read 617,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post

you know - john mccain, the moderate republican who hated trump?
I think you meant to say the life-long conservative, who spent 5 years as a prisoner of war, who President Trump hated (and still hates).

I'm sorry your mother doesn't feel as if she can display her Trump sign in the city, although the Washington Post reported just today that the KKK, or an organization affiliated with the KKK, was distributing anti-Democrat/anti-Biden fliers in Erie County:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d10_story.html

Last edited by Doowlle34; 10-19-2020 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: My recollection was that the KKK targeted yards with Biden signs, but that was not accurate.

Old 10-19-2020, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
I've had people upset with me and scream at me.

they all finish with the same thing - "how can you vote for trump????"

i never ever said i was going to vote for trump. but calling out the dem ticket as such a terrible one, and dissecting all their problems as inevitable failures (because i'm smarter than joe biden and kamala put together) makes them cry like a baby and, in frustration, DEMAND how i can vote for trump.

then, i bash my head into a telephone pole - THAT is more constructive than trying to talk to these idiots.
I find their actions like that to be as ridiculous as they are hilarious. It’s amazing how their feelings can be so hurt so bad, and how they can consume and display so much hate on a daily basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh