Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2020, 10:06 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,148 times

Advertisements

my sunday afternoon mineo's pizza routine - for years before covid by buddy michael and i would head up there around noon and sit at the bar to eat lunch, have a few beers and maybe watch the game - now you can't sit at the bar, the bartender karen who worked sundays decided it was time to retire, and all the bar cross-talk with other patrons is no longer a possibility cuz you have to sit at a table - we went up there a few times after they reopened but it's not the same so we stopped going

also not being able to get a real donut at prantl's - since they reopened they only sell donuts they buy frozen, heat up and glaze - that's my joke about the "new normal" - even if i had a million dollars in the bank i still wouldn't be able to walk up the street and get a freshly made donut out of the fryer that i grew up eating as a kid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 10:21 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
i always looked forward to the Deutschtown Music Festival, and one of the few other city-sponsored events, like Light Up Night, maybe.

I miss using the north shore bike trail just before and in the very early stages of a steelers game. the people heading to the game usually had an air of excitement. some were just funny to hear, and they were sober. i always felt good from that buzz of excitement.

i also miss Troy Polamalu, but that has nothing to do with the current situation. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Old 10-20-2020, 11:15 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,392,312 times
Reasonable lumber prices

Old 10-20-2020, 11:17 AM

1,434 posts, read 666,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i always looked forward to the Deutschtown Music Festival, and one of the few other city-sponsored events, like Light Up Night, maybe.

I miss using the north shore bike trail just before and in the very early stages of a steelers game. the people heading to the game usually had an air of excitement. some were just funny to hear, and they were sober. i always felt good from that buzz of excitement.

i also miss Troy Polamalu, but that has nothing to do with the current situation. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Yes . Live music , eating out and a maskless face.

Old 10-20-2020, 11:39 AM

755 posts, read 472,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post

100%, on the mark, especially about that former Steeler's DB! The DMF was one of the best summer events in the city. Summer, for me, is riding my bike, listening to live music, and drinking beer outside at a beer garden. I at least got to do one out of three consistently. This winter I will miss live theater, music, and lectures at City of Asylum. They have a very good online platform, but just not the same as being there.

Old 10-20-2020, 12:39 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Seeing people smile. Geez.

Old 10-20-2020, 01:48 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Intelligence

Old 10-20-2020, 02:01 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Intelligence
Amen to that.....

The pandemic shows many people let political party cloud everything else. The country lacks leadership and spirit is the lowest I’ve seen it in my life. Nobody knows what leadership looks like. We have confused bullying with leadership.

Old 10-20-2020, 02:08 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Amen to that.....

The pandemic shows many people let political party cloud everything else. The country lacks leadership and spirit is the lowest I’ve seen it in my life. Nobody knows what leadership looks like. We have confused bullying with leadership.
You should really try not letting political party cloud everything else. Join those of us that “live life” and don’t let fear or the virus, and worrying about the election run our lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh