Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 08:10 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,899,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Motorists estimated in the hundreds were driving across Pittsburgh on Saturday afternoon with motorcycles, dirt bikes and all-terrain vehicles, traveling in large groups that triggered a cascade of calls to emergency dispatchers.

Callers and other observers reported that phalanxes of the recreational vehicles jammed traffic in places, with some drivers popping wheelies or traveling in the wrong lanes. The groups were reported in neighborhoods from the North Side to North Oakland.

There were no immediate reports of any arrests. Posts on social media signaled plans for a Halloween “ride-out” in the area.

https://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...s/202010310062
No arrests. What a joke.. these Democrat-run cities just promote lawlessness while the City administration focuses on the real issues: thought-policing statues that are a century old. The more that this is tolerated, the more that its going to happen. I saw the FB group organizing this event - the leaders were identified by name and had links to their profiles.. a halfway-competent police force, that isn't hindered by an idiotic mayor, should be able to arrest the ring leaders and make examples of them.

I'm so glad that Christopher Columbus will be removed from the People's Republic of the East End - while these outlaw groups are allowed to behave like animals and endanger innocent lives. Thats the Democrat way these days though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2020, 08:24 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,196,660 times
I feel bad for the vehicle owners as it’s likely the clown didn’t have insurance.
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...in-bloomfield/

Old 11-01-2020, 02:16 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
No arrests. What a joke.. these Democrat-run cities just promote lawlessness while the City administration focuses on the real issues: thought-policing statues that are a century old. The more that this is tolerated, the more that its going to happen. I saw the FB group organizing this event - the leaders were identified by name and had links to their profiles.. a halfway-competent police force, that isn't hindered by an idiotic mayor, should be able to arrest the ring leaders and make examples of them.

I'm so glad that Christopher Columbus will be removed from the People's Republic of the East End - while these outlaw groups are allowed to behave like animals and endanger innocent lives. Thats the Democrat way these days though...
Dirt bikes and ATVs are more of a Republican thing.

Old 11-01-2020, 04:19 AM

198 posts, read 80,575 times
The Pittsburgh Police Department isn't interested in enforcing traffic laws. If you actually spent some time in Pittsburgh this would be common knowledge to you.

Last edited by bike_lanes; 11-01-2020 at 04:43 AM..

Old 11-01-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Lol

Old 11-01-2020, 09:48 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,052,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
how do you figure? while in THIS metro area, i have never lived outside Pgh city limits. hobbies like these generally are not aligned w/ political party, in my observation.

bows, guns, and the like - i'd say sure, there is probably a correlation. but not for sport/recreational vehicles.

by the way...lets not beat around the bush. this is mostly a d-bag thing to flash mob a street like this. big manly dudes who know no fear!

Old 11-01-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
how do you figure? while in THIS metro area, i have never lived outside Pgh city limits. hobbies like these generally are not aligned w/ political discussion, in my observation.

bows, guns, and the like - i'd say sure, there is probably a correlation. but not for sport/recreational vehicles.

by the way...lets not beat around the bush. this is mostly a d-bag thing to flash mob a street like this. big manly dudes who know no fear!
There was a thread on this earlier and the people riding through Oakland were said to be urban folk. Could be wrong but I believe it happened over Labor Day weekend.

Old 11-01-2020, 09:57 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,052,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
There was a thread on this earlier and the people riding through Oakland were said to be urban folk. Could be wrong but I believe it happened over Labor Day weekend.
sorry - edited one word in my post above - 'discussion' to 'party'. i meant there is no regular party affiliation with people involved in off-road, ATV, dirt bike hobbies.

Old 11-01-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
sorry - edited one word in my post above - 'discussion' to 'party'. i meant there is no regular party affiliation with people involved in off-road, ATV, dirt bike hobbies.
Bingo, and extremely obvious other than to those who try to impose a narrative.

Old 11-01-2020, 10:29 AM

//www.city-data.com/forum/pitts...ikes-even.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh