Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 08:59 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
... Even funnier are those that want to ban firearms. They’re just begging to be victims of criminals, especially since they’re many of the same folks that want to defund the police.

i wouldn't worry about that. i really think biden won't go there. after the pandemic, if things do get back to normal, i think there will be other front and center problems that become apparent. so gun control has its fans, but nothing will come of it.

thankfully, the school shooting 'fad' went away, pretty much. it was almost weekly for a few months - was it in 2019? there might have been one this year in Florida, but i dont even think that was a school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 09:04 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i wouldn't worry about that. i really think biden won't go there. after the pandemic, if things do get back to normal, i think there will be other front and center problems that become apparent. so gun control has its fans, but nothing will come of it.

thankfully, the school shooting 'fad' went away, pretty much. it was almost weekly for a few months - was it in 2019? there might have been one this year in Florida, but i dont even think that was a school.
I see him doing everything he can in regards to banning firearms.

Car jackings, homicides, etc..., on the rise is the fad that will continue to become more popular. Those clowns have been going at it for a year now, especially in muh progressive Minneapolis, Portland, etc...

Last edited by erieguy; 03-04-2021 at 09:12 AM..

Old 03-04-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I see him doing everything he can in regards to banning firearms.

Car jackings, homicides, etc..., on the rise is the fad that will continue to become more popular. Those clowns have been going at it for a year now, especially in muh progressive Minneapolis, Portland, etc...
true? i havent noticed, but im usually not a close watcher of politics as others might be. maybe its jsut enough to appease some people in the party, but its not really something in his heart that is top priority.

truthfully, if i were him, i would wish it to go away. he wants THAT fight, to stir up that hornet's nest? i doubt so. maybe kamala is breathing down his neck about it.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
true? i havent noticed, but im usually not a close watcher of politics as others might be. maybe its jsut enough to appease some people in the party, but its not really something in his heart that is top priority.

truthfully, if i were him, i would wish it to go away. he wants THAT fight, to stir up that hornet's nest? i doubt so. maybe kamala is breathing down his neck about it.
He’s trying to change so much that it often gets drowned out and doesn’t get as much attention. Appeasing freeloaders, sending billions overseas, letting thousands upon thousands of migrants in with no place to put them and not being concerned with them having the virus, banning books, cartoons, ending cancer, etc..., takes up so much of the spotlight.

Funny how so many of his supporters have become so silent, especially in regards to the free stuff, National debt, fuel prices, etc... I recall them constantly bringing up because Trump spending money and asking “What free stuff is Biden going to give away?” It’s crickets now.

Old 03-04-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
He’s trying to change so much that it often gets drowned out and doesn’t get as much attention. Appeasing freeloaders, sending billions overseas, letting thousands upon thousands of migrants in with no place to put them and not being concerned with them having the virus, banning books, cartoons, ending cancer, etc..., takes up so much of the spotlight.

Funny how so many of his supporters have become so silent, especially in regards to the free stuff, National debt, fuel prices, etc... I recall them constantly bringing up because Trump spending money and asking “What free stuff is Biden going to give away?” It’s crickets now.
i say this as the offspring of immigrants....MISTAKE.

its too much.

i heard a stat recently - 47% of violent crime in AZ (? or CA?) is by illegal immigrants. OK, THAT DOES NOT MEAN ALL ILLEGALS ARE NASTY PEOPLE....but it means the nastiest of them slither on in with the other poor souls who want to make a living.

sorry, its not a good situation - for personal safety of anyone walking the streets of Phoenix, for the lower earners in this country who might work for a paltrey $15/ hr, but cant becuase that job was given to someone for $8/hr, for housing costs in some communities, for quality of life in some communities where homes have 6 cars each for its renting residents.....

there is nothing wrong with our protecting our borders and managing our economy by not allowing it to be overwhelmed. its not racism - same rules apply for the canadian border. its not classism. its HELPING OURSELVES, and we are all shades and races.

Old 03-04-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
i say this as the offspring of immigrants....MISTAKE.

its too much.

i heard a stat recently - 47% of violent crime in AZ (? or CA?) is by illegal immigrants. OK, THAT DOES NOT MEAN ALL ILLEGALS ARE NASTY PEOPLE....but it means the nastiest of them slither on in with the other poor souls who want to make a living.

sorry, its not a good situation - for personal safety of anyone walking the streets of Phoenix, for the lower earners in this country who might work for a paltrey $15/ hr, but cant becuase that job was given to someone for $8/hr, for housing costs in some communities, for quality of life in some communities where homes have 6 cars each for its renting residents.....

there is nothing wrong with our protecting our borders and managing our economy by not allowing it to be overwhelmed. its not racism - same goes for canadians. its not classism. its HELPING OURSELVES, and we are all shades and races.
It certainly is, and there’s kids in the cages. Crickets on that too.

That 47% stat is okay because taking care of them often takes precedence over those in the US who really need help.

The borders definitely need protected as one can clearly see here....and it’s certainly not racism, unlike like the cries for muh reparations for only 1 race.
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...operation-cbp/

Last edited by erieguy; 03-04-2021 at 02:00 PM..

Old 03-05-2021, 10:05 AM

He probably just forgot.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...atural-gas.amp

Old 03-06-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
i am scared, actually, of two things:

1) government failure because of the debt.

we've seen people panic IMMEDIATELY at any change to daily routine. i can't imagine if there is a long term shutdown of some government services.

2) growing violence and impunity. case in point: minneapolis and portland.

im generalizing, but it seems to be caucasian, young (20s) people who continually destroy property. why is this not a news item at a national level? when churches in the south were burning in the 1990s (did they ever catch the arsonists, by the way?) that was given national exposure, as it should. there was a rash of incidents recently where people were being PUSHED in front of oncoming subway trains in NYC - it made it to network news.

but the antifa antics? not nearly the attention it should. they went on a rampage again, mabye 3 nights ago - was it Portland, i believe?

im not saying call out the National Guard, but those city leaders, what the hell???....and Peduto is raked over the coals here.

also, numbers of violent incidents against asians and asian-americans in Oakland, CA and other places. that also made network news (ABC in the evening is my usual go-to, with some reading of various things that make it to browser home pages), but if taht isnt ethnic intimidation, racism, selective violence, then what is??? but then, maybe looking at the situation closer might bring some uncomfortable truths about who is perpetrating these attacks on asians.
Funny how those that are so against walls and want to defund the police are increasing police protection, lol.
https://www.newsweek.com/after-calls...ing-it-1573831

Police defunding is working just as expected.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...-this-year.amp

Last edited by erieguy; 03-06-2021 at 10:29 AM..

Old 03-06-2021, 03:08 PM

Toomey was on Marty Griffith's show on Friday, explaining all the unspoken points of Biden's spending package.

If he was not fibbing, it strongly smelled of bacon. There are incredibly careless, wasteful allocations of money.

Yes, I am way to lazy to find the bill online (if they are available online), read it and post the finer points.

In defense of Trump's spending - Toomey said that was to go to PAYROLLS for smaller businesses. And, often larger businesses did not accept what was offered. Some did, though - as a LOAN.

Old 03-06-2021, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Toomey was on Marty Griffith's show on Friday, explaining all the unspoken points of Biden's spending package.

If he was not fibbing, it strongly smelled of bacon. There are incredibly careless, wasteful allocations of money.

Yes, I am way to lazy to find the bill online (if they are available online), read it and post the finer points.

In defense of Trump's spending - Toomey said that was to go to PAYROLLS for smaller businesses. And, often larger businesses did not accept what was offered. Some did, though - as a LOAN.
He’s going to give out more free stuff and balloon the National debt more than anyone in history if he stays coherent long enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh