Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 01:27 PM

1,170 posts, read 535,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
To be sure, but if we're going to play the game that way (and we are, though not by my choice), I'm going to remember who was making it harder to keep my family safe when this is over and I'm spending money for dine-in again.

Old 03-06-2021, 01:32 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,898,379 times
Quote:
I'm trying to support a family and educate a kid. I make no apologies that I prioritize keeping the infection rates down by controlling non-essential things so that schools can open safety or stay open.
And what of workers in the service industry who are now out of work? Does their families financial welfare not matter? What of those who have had to leave the workforce to educate their children because Democrats are in bed with the teachers unions and many schools havent opened their doors in nearly a year?

The infection rate doesn't matter. Who cares about the number of total cases - the focus should be on the number of hospitalizations and deaths. There's a world of a difference between someone who is on a vent in the ICU compared to someone who is utterly asymptomatic - yet the media counts them both the same as victims of the plague when focusing on infection numbers.

Old 03-06-2021, 02:28 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
And what of workers in the service industry who are now out of work? Does their families financial welfare not matter? What of those who have had to leave the workforce to educate their children because Democrats are in bed with the teachers unions and many schools havent opened their doors in nearly a year?

The infection rate doesn't matter. Who cares about the number of total cases - the focus should be on the number of hospitalizations and deaths. There's a world of a difference between someone who is on a vent in the ICU compared to someone who is utterly asymptomatic - yet the media counts them both the same as victims of the plague when focusing on infection numbers.
Those that don’t miss a check aren’t concerned about those that don’t. Just ask Wolf and his followers.

Old 03-06-2021, 02:54 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,588,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
And what of workers in the service industry who are now out of work? Does their families financial welfare not matter?.

I have ordered more takeout than I spent in restaurants before covid, tipped better for takeout than I did for in-person dining, and worked to elect candidates that support emergency unemployment payments and stimulus.

Old 03-06-2021, 03:34 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,954,652 times
Quote:
I have ordered more takeout than I spent in restaurants before covid, tipped better for takeout than I did for in-person dining, and worked to elect candidates that support emergency unemployment payments and stimulus.
Excellent!

Old 03-06-2021, 04:17 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,898,379 times
Quote:
Ok, well I'm glad that you personally are willing to put your money where your mouth is to try to help those workers. I disagree with your point of view, but I do at least respect you for having integrity on this issue.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:53 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
My wife and a did and still are doing a lot of takeout. I always tipped the person who brought it to our car 10 bucks minimum. Hope things get back to normal so service people can start making some cash.

Old 03-07-2021, 07:19 AM

sunday morning - maybe i'll walk up to cappy's and have a bloody mary at the bar

CAN'T DO THAT - might spread the rona and kill everyone in the cafe even though i feel fine

i can't understand how these places are surviving without karaoke night, trivia night, happy hour, steelers games, etc.

Old 03-07-2021, 09:14 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,588,550 times
Of course you can still spread disease even when you feel fine. That's how disease usual gets spread, during the time after infection and before symptoms start.

Old 03-07-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Of course you can still spread disease even when you feel fine. That's how disease usual gets spread, during the time after infection and before symptoms start.
i guess i shouldn't go to work tomorrow then - i could be spreading disease

and the employees working at cappy's today shouldn't be at work even if they feel fine - they could be spreading disease

and the customers having brunch at cappy's right now shouldn't be there even if they feel fine - they could be spreading disease

someone should develop an app that tells you whether or not you're spreading disease - that way you'd know whether it's safe to leave the house or not

Last edited by BUILD PENN SQUARE; 03-07-2021 at 09:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh