Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2021, 09:47 AM

1,117 posts, read 508,518 times

Advertisements

Vote Tony Moreno.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2021, 10:20 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,884,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowlle34 View Post
I think you're forgetting that we live in a democratic society, where you have options to challenge the dominate opinion without getting tossed in prison and/or executed. On the other hand, notwithstanding our erstwhile president, democracy does appear to depend on a variety of norms to function properly, and when those norms are violated and disregarded, democracy suffers. So, if we draw hyperbolic conclusions from isolated incidents, and ratchet our language up to eleven, that is probably not so good. On the Far Left, if we seek to cancel folks for stepping one inch over some imaginary, ever-changing line in the arena of public discourse, I don't think that is helpful either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Far-left cancellations have been far more pervasive.
Bingo. Think about the last four years of the 'dictator' Trump. Show me examples of cancellation culture adversely impacting leftists who questioned Trump's narrative. Even the clown Fauci didn't lose his job.

Cancel culture is a strictly leftist phenomenon.
Just because the Committee for State Security doesn't come drag you off to the GULAG or put a bullet through the back of your skull doesn't mean that there isn't a serious problem in which online mobs, academics, woke capitalists, and the biased media will collude to destroy those who step out of line.
The government won't imprison you, but your reputation will be destroyed, your friends will be destroyed if they support you (ie - see Sharon Osborne), and you will become unemployable. You won't be beaten in prison - you'll just be reduced to choosing between stocking shelves at Wal-Mart or working in the modern mines (ie - an Amazon warehouse) or starving in the streets.

Doowlle you are so oblivious to your own capacity for evil. You cry to the moderators if someone expresses a viewpoint that you disagree with. If the moderators don't go along with what you want, then you cry to the advertisers to try to threaten the income of the site - thus trying to force the hand of the moderators. What's next? What's next from you? Who on this board are you going to try to doxx and get fired from their job because they express a viewpoint that you disagree with?

I dislike you so much because I fear your capacity to try to ruin someone's life due to your self-appointed role as the Thought Police. You are the most dangerous participant on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
Vote Tony Moreno.
Opposition to Peduto will be split between Moreno and Gainey, thus almost guaranteeing Peduto re-election.

Last edited by tyovan4; 04-03-2021 at 10:35 AM..

Old 04-03-2021, 11:13 AM

807 posts, read 613,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post

Doowlle you are so oblivious to your own capacity for evil. You cry to the moderators if someone expresses a viewpoint that you disagree with. If the moderators don't go along with what you want, then you cry to the advertisers to try to threaten the income of the site - thus trying to force the hand of the moderators. What's next? What's next from you? Who on this board are you going to try to doxx and get fired from their job because they express a viewpoint that you disagree with?

I dislike you so much because I fear your capacity to try to ruin someone's life due to your self-appointed role as the Thought Police. You are the most dangerous participant on this board.

I'm sorry you feel this way -- especially the "dislike" comment. I certainly don't dislike you, and (frankly) I think I'd probably get along with you quite well if we didn't talk about politics. This is supposedly a moderated site -- I'm trying to recall if I reported a post prior to your "mussolini treatment" comment, but I can't recall doing so. I think calling me "thought police" is part and parcel of your tendency to hyperbole. I thought that this was one comment that went too far. My feelings in this regard were heightened by the events of Jan. 6, which demonstrated that misinformation and extremist language had real world consequences. I've also reported Erieguy for attempting to downplay the Jan. 6th riots, and recently reported a poster "Greenjuice" for using the term "plandemic" as well as for implying that there were improprieties in the November 2020 election. I've also reported Reggie for implying that Governor Wolf and Dr. Levine were akin to the Third Reich and/or that they were murderers/mass murderers. I think that is about the sum total of my "beefs" with the posts. On the one hand, I do firmly believe that a private enterprise should remove this extremist content from the board, and I've made some references to "advertisers" -- more in an effort to "bluff" these mods into finally taking some action and/or for setting forth some criteria for acceptable posts. On the other hand, I would never seek to "doxx" an individual on this board. Frankly, the only thing that gives me pause are the extreme views presented and whether such views reflect an individual who would commit a violent act in furtherance of such views, or whether repeatedly airing certain extremist views would encourage others to act in that manner.

Old 04-03-2021, 11:58 AM

1,406 posts, read 556,529 times
Quote:
I'm sorry you feel this way -- especially the "dislike" comment. I certainly don't dislike you, and (frankly) I think I'd probably get along with you quite well if we didn't talk about politics. This is supposedly a moderated site -- I'm trying to recall if I reported a post prior to your "mussolini treatment" comment, but I can't recall doing so. I think calling me "thought police" is part and parcel of your tendency to hyperbole. I thought that this was one comment that went too far. My feelings in this regard were heightened by the events of Jan. 6, which demonstrated that misinformation and extremist language had real world consequences. I've also reported Erieguy for attempting to downplay the Jan. 6th riots, and recently reported a poster "Greenjuice" for using the term "plandemic" as well as for implying that there were improprieties in the November 2020 election. I've also reported Reggie for implying that Governor Wolf and Dr. Levine were akin to the Third Reich and/or that they were murderers/mass murderers. I think that is about the sum total of my "beefs" with the posts. On the one hand, I do firmly believe that a private enterprise should remove this extremist content from the board, and I've made some references to "advertisers" -- more in an effort to "bluff" these mods into finally taking some action and/or for setting forth some criteria for acceptable posts. On the other hand, I would never seek to "doxx" an individual on this board. Frankly, the only thing that gives me pause are the extreme views presented and whether such views reflect an individual who would commit a violent act in furtherance of such views, or whether repeatedly airing certain extremist views would encourage others to act in that manner.
Wow, so anyone who expresses an opinion you don't agree with, or poses a "threat" in your mind, gets reported to the mods or whomever. You apparently want your "beliefs" to be confirmed by all concerned & not questioned. In other words, what the senile old fool & puppet in the White House is doing.
Did you ever stop & think what that says about you?

Old 04-03-2021, 12:08 PM

Peace, brother. I just raise the possibility that, perhaps, there should be some limits. No issues with your criticism of Biden, although if you start comparing him to a certain well-known tyrant and suggesting that the good people of the country should "do" something -- then, hey maybe the mods should take a look.

Last edited by Doowlle34; 04-03-2021 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: punctuating

Old 04-03-2021, 12:11 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,063,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
Wow, so anyone who expresses an opinion you don't agree with, or poses a "threat" in your mind, gets reported to the mods or whomever. You apparently want your "beliefs" to be confirmed by all concerned & not questioned. In other words, what the senile old fool & puppet in the White House is doing.
Did you ever stop & think what that says about you?
Bingo

Old 04-03-2021, 12:15 PM

Did you mean to "bingo" my post? Just once? Maybe that's what I need to accomplish before I can finally leave city data?

Old 04-03-2021, 12:22 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,063,473 times
Quote:
Did you mean to "bingo" my post? Just once? Maybe that's what I need to accomplish before I can finally leave city data?
Nah, you’ll never leave.

Old 04-03-2021, 12:24 PM

I'll try harder! [Can I get a Bingo for that?]

Old 04-03-2021, 12:25 PM

1,406 posts, read 556,529 times
Quote:
Peace, brother. I just raise the possibility that, perhaps, there should be some limits. No issues with your criticism of Biden, although if you start comparing him to a certain well-known tyrant and suggesting that the good people of the country should "do" something -- then, hey maybe the mods should take a look.
So, who might the "well-known tyrant" be? Is it Orange Man Bad mayhaps??
We all know that the useless, yet dangerous dupe lyin Biden is a "unifier", right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh