Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 08:59 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,008,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez718 View Post
I don't get why you think I take issue with that, when did I say it was fake news? You're very boring to talk to. Also you're literally the one bringing up violent crime in a thread about traffic stops and pedestrian safety. Why don't you show me a source that says traffic stops increase safety or something as opposed to gun violence increased 80%, which it has, no one has disputed that. I get that you wanna promote your agenda that Pittsburgh is a city full of violent degenerates but their are a lot of better ways to do that, you do it in the most boring and contrived way possible. I remember a poster here who wasn't afraid to say the quiet part out loud, but you on the other its like talking to a brick wall. SAD!
You’ve been deflecting from those links along with saying wtae wasn’t a reliable news source, so I simply asked if the Post Gazette was, and who you think is so I could check them out.

If I’m so boring to talk to, why do you respond to my posts?

Are you saying not having traffic stops makes it safer for pedestrians and cyclists? How is it safer with people running red lights, stop signs, making turns where they’re not allowed, etc...?

Actually, I’m not portraying that at all. I’ve always said the city is a great place to visit. I certainly don’t want it to be a city filled with “violent degenerates”. That’s why the skyrocketing crime needs to be addressed.

I’m sorry you feel that way, however, simply ignore my posts or use the ignore feature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 09:25 PM

22 posts, read 3,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
You’ve been deflecting from those links along with saying wtae wasn’t a reliable news source, so I simply asked if the Post Gazette was, and who you think is so I could check them out.

If I’m so boring to talk to, why do you respond to my posts?

Are you saying not having traffic stops makes it safer for pedestrians and cyclists? How is it safer with people running red lights, stop signs, making turns where they’re not allowed, etc...?

Actually, I’m not portraying that at all. I’ve always said the city is a great place to visit. I certainly don’t want it to be a city filled with “violent degenerates”. That’s why the skyrocketing crime needs to be addressed.

I’m sorry you feel that way, however, simply ignore my posts or use the ignore feature.
Nah I like the attention, anyway its interesting that you thought that WTAE was what I took issue with there but whatever.
This article goes into it a little bit, but in essence no correlation between traffic stops and crime reduction is found. https://thecrimereport.org/2019/02/1...vention-study/
Another one that has some ideas on why traffic stops don't work
https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc...-lawmakers-say

If anything it seems like traffic stops create more dangerous situations to police and civilians, especially given how police in this country are viewed, and it would be pretty easy to enforce most of this stuff remotely, which in some cases it already is. Not to mention that police already aren't supposed to give chase because that creates some really dangerous situations. Overall I'll take city residents word on how they feel about enforcement of traffic laws because they don't really enforce them strongly anyway which has certainly been my experience as well, but overall there are much more effective and easy ways to make roads safer than pulling over every person who commits a moving violation.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Nah I like the attention, anyway its interesting that you thought that WTAE was what I took issue with there but whatever.
This article goes into it a little bit, but in essence no correlation between traffic stops and crime reduction is found. https://thecrimereport.org/2019/02/1...vention-study/
Another one that has some ideas on why traffic stops don't work
https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc...-lawmakers-say

If anything it seems like traffic stops create more dangerous situations to police and civilians, especially given how police in this country are viewed, and it would be pretty easy to enforce most of this stuff remotely, which in some cases it already is. Not to mention that police already aren't supposed to give chase because that creates some really dangerous situations. Overall I'll take city residents word on how they feel about enforcement of traffic laws because they don't really enforce them strongly anyway which has certainly been my experience as well, but overall there are much more effective and easy ways to make roads safer than pulling over every person who commits a moving violation.
lol. Of course you do. That’s obvious.

You did take issue with wtae, hence you criticized it as though it wasn’t a valid media outlet.

In other words, nothing that proves what you’re saying and you don’t have an answer on how folks not obeying stop signs, stop lights, illegal turns, etc..., makes it safer for pedestrians and cyclists.

“Seems like” doesn’t mean anything. As to how police are viewed, that’s a matter of opinion. I love that police clean up the riff-raff so folks simply don’t have to deal with it. The riff-raff and those that defend their behavior don’t perceive them well.

What are the much safer and easier ways to make roads safer than pulling over every person who commits a moving violation, and please provide specifics and stats to you theories?

Old 04-25-2021, 09:52 PM

Quote:
lol. Of course you do. That’s obvious.

You did take issue with wtae, hence you criticized it as though it wasn’t a valid media outlet.

In other words, nothing that proves what you’re saying and you don’t have an answer on how folks not obeying stop signs, stop lights, illegal turns, etc..., makes it safer for pedestrians and cyclists.

“Seems like” doesn’t mean anything. As to how police are viewed, that’s a matter of opinion. I love that police clean up the riff-raff so folks simply don’t have to deal with it. The riff-raff and those that defend their behavior don’t perceive them well.

What are the much safer and easier ways to make roads safer than pulling over every person who commits a moving violation, and please provide specifics and stats to you theories?
Well glad we figured something out at least, guess I can't say I'm surprised the crime statistics website attracts the worst kind of people.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Well glad we figured something out at least, guess I can't say I'm surprised the crime statistics website attracts the worst kind of people.
The crime statistics website displays stats of the worst kind of people. They’re statistics of people that don’t obey the law.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:59 PM

Quote:
The crime statistics website displays stats of the worst kind of people. They’re statistics of people that don’t obey the law.
Yeah awful people like MLK and Rosa Parks.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah awful people like MLK and Rosa Parks.
More deflection to try to fit a narrative, but we’ve recently found out that MLK wasn’t such a great person after all.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconv...e-light-118015

It’s really simple to obey the law, and those that don’t, deserve what punishment they get. If one can’t do the time they shouldn’t do the crime.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:05 PM

Quote:
More deflection to try to fit a narrative, but we’ve recently found out that MLK wasn’t a great person after all.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconv...e-light-118015
Love that your response to this is actually MLK was a bad person, pretty telling about what you believe tbh.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Love that your response to this is actually MLK was a bad person, pretty telling about what you believe tbh.
You brought him up to try to fit a narrative.

He certainly did some bad things, but who said he was a bad person?

Old 04-25-2021, 10:13 PM

Quote:
You brought him up to try to fit a narrative.

He certainly did some bad things, but who said he was a bad person?
You did. He wasn't perfect but I guess at least he didn't own slaves like a lot of the revered founders of this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh