Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2021, 01:49 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar13 View Post
Not a good look for DeSantis

"A few days ago, however, Florida’s daily death rate cleared 200 for the first time, and today it stands at 228 — an all-time high. This makes DeSantis the first (and so far only) governor in the U.S. whose state is now recording more COVID-19 deaths each day — long after free, safe and effective vaccines became widely available to all Americans age 12 or older — than during any previous wave of the virus."

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-is-th...090001893.html
So how does Wolf seem to you? Our state has more deaths per capita than Florida. If you are at all logical you would say Wolf has done a worse job with the virus and killed our local businesses on top of it. Think logically not with silly emotions. I have real statistics from day one of the virus. You have one day. Why do I bother? I don’t think many understand more than a shocking headline on here. It is funny though and I feel bad for you. Things will get better soon. Don’t worry.

Old 08-25-2021, 01:49 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
The only thing that stops Delta is lockdowns. And they stop working as soon as the lockdown is lifted.

Does the TV news even talk about other states suffering worse than Florida? Whoever watches that garbage is not informed.
Florida gets huge press because DeSantis’ name gets brought up for President, isn’t weak, doesn’t coddle, isn’t going to hand out free stuff, doesn’t put up with woke nonsense, hence many think he’s a big meanie…and let’s not forget he doesn’t bow down to Sleepy Joe.

Old 08-25-2021, 02:43 PM

807 posts, read 617,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
hence many think he’s a big meanie
A recent article described DeSantis as mimicking Trump's "pugnacious" style -- I think this probably captures what (sort of) annoys me about DeSantis, more so than thinking he is "mean" -- which could be viewed as an effort to belittle/discount the concerns of the one expressing offense.

Old 08-25-2021, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowlle34 View Post
A recent article described DeSantis as mimicking Trump's "pugnacious" style -- I think this probably captures what (sort of) annoys me about DeSantis, more so than thinking he is "mean" -- which could be viewed as an effort to belittle/discount the concerns of the one expressing offense.
DeSantis simply isn’t weak, a coddler, etc…, so he’s referred to as pugnacious because Trump. Sounds like a funny article.

Old 08-25-2021, 02:55 PM

807 posts, read 617,512 times
I'm just not sure whether the "pugnacious-ness" is required because the establishment/liberals are such a pain, that nothing else gets through (in DeSantis view); or because (post-Trump) you need to adopt this style to motivate the Republican base.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowlle34 View Post
I'm just not sure whether the "pugnacious-ness" is required because the establishment/liberals are such a pain, that nothing else gets through (in DeSantis view); or because (post-Trump) you need to adopt this style to motivate the Republican base.
Opinions vary. What many this is pugnacious is often hurt feelings. It’s a sensitive world these days.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:06 PM

1,913 posts, read 739,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
So how does Wolf seem to you? Our state has more deaths per capita than Florida. If you are at all logical you would say Wolf has done a worse job with the virus and killed our local businesses on top of it. Think logically not with silly emotions. I have real statistics from day one of the virus. You have one day. Why do I bother? I don’t think many understand more than a shocking headline on here. It is funny though and I feel bad for you. Things will get better soon. Don’t worry.
PA's deaths are high because our governor and his Health Secretary killed the nursing home residents early on. No investigation, no prosecution. The health sectretary got promoted the Federal pols liked it so much.. Who in their right mind doubts the depravity of these politicians now?

Old 08-25-2021, 03:10 PM

Quote:
PA's deaths are high because our governor and his Health Secretary killed the nursing home residents early on. No investigation, no prosecution. The health sectretary got promoted the Federal pols liked it so much.. Who in their right mind doubts the depravity of these politicians now?
Bingo

Old 08-25-2021, 03:58 PM

1,913 posts, read 739,744 times
I'm curious. Does the TV news media report that the national guard has been called to aid health facilities in Georgia, Kentucky and Oregon?

Are they reporting on the cascading failure of the Pfizer vaccine in Israel?

How about the worrisome plateauing of cases in UK?

Old 08-25-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I'm curious. Does the TV news media report that the national guard has been called to aid health facilities in Georgia, Kentucky and Oregon?

Are they reporting on the cascading failure of the Pfizer vaccine in Israel?

How about the worrisome plateauing of cases in UK?
Nah, goes against the narrative….and would be called fake news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh