Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 12:20 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,054,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
I told you that I'm a citizen of a European country and have lived in Europe.

Id say that I've traveled fairly widely outside of the US..
Their assumptions are so often priceless, lol.

Old 11-20-2021, 06:57 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,667,284 times
Great article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.c...psychology.amp

Old 11-20-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Lol. Folks living in fear of a virus with a 99%+ survival rate, and even being vaccinated, certainly isn’t a conspiracy theory.

Old 11-21-2021, 05:31 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,883,305 times
Quote:
This seems to be irrelevant. And a poor attempt at redirection.
Those who you have criticized for being unhinged (myself, EG, GG) never advocated for the conspiracy theories listed in the article - we never said that the death count was exaggerated, or that the vaccines will be used to implant tracking chips.
You're simply trying to attack the validity of our viewpoint - which is, in a nutshell: yes the virus is here, yes its real, yes its dangerous for some people but not for the overwhelming majority of people, and its NOT going away so its time for people to be free to make their own decisions about how they will individually respond in their own life to this reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. Folks living in fear of a virus with a 99%+ survival rate, and even being vaccinated, certainly isn’t a conspiracy theory.
Its actually sad. Those who refuse to see the contradictions in the narrative, while worshipping their Lord and Savior (the Saint of Science, the Prophet of Progress, Saint Anthony Fauci, Peace Be Upon Him) have the audacity to label those who retain their critical thinking skills as somehow having been seduced by conspiracy theories...

Old 11-21-2021, 05:47 AM

1,904 posts, read 721,642 times
In 20 years no on will admit to having supported the vindictive criminals in DC about any issue, including covid policies.

Old 11-21-2021, 05:51 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,667,284 times
Help is available

https://www.addictioncenter.com/drug...ory-addiction/

Old 11-21-2021, 06:39 AM

Quote:
It’s not going anywhere because Covid is here to stay.
I think you haven’t traveled much outside of the US.
Quote:
You, TY and GG dwell way too much on things you can’t control. Until, if and when this virus gets under control this is the new norm.
Unless you are a minority, this country will give you free pass second chances and a do over. The people complaining they don’t have freedom are the ones disproportionately jailed and abused by cops.

It’s funny I’m a minority and worked hard to make money. You threee are at an advantage because you have a white face. All you have to do is put forth some effort to work. You won’t get pulled over and racially profiled by a cop. You weren’t segregated from the population as recently as 50 years ago.
So.. you acknowledge that COVID isn't going anywhere and is here to stay. But you then say that the current restrictions are staying until COVID is "under control".. which will be - never. If this is how you want to live your life permanently, so be it - you're free to do so. Its not illegal to be a germaphobe. But the rest of us have the right to live our lives as we see fit, instead of being prisoners to your fears. Wear three masks and latex gloves and take a booster shot every 3 months. Have at it, none of us will stop you.

Quote:
Id say that I've traveled fairly widely outside of the US..
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Their assumptions are so often priceless, lol.
Ain't it funny that there was no acknowledgement of how wrong their assumption was? Instead they changed gears into the fact that we need mental health treatment. As well as bringing racism into the conversation.

Quote:
Quote:
This seems to be irrelevant. And a poor attempt at redirection.
Those who you have criticized for being unhinged (myself, EG, GG) never advocated for the conspiracy theories listed in the article - we never said that the death count was exaggerated, or that the vaccines will be used to implant tracking chips.
Quote:
Help is available for you too.
https://www.uopeople.edu/blog/how-to-think-critically/
https://www.indeed.com/career-advice...ink-critically

Maybe you want to send a PM to Yac and ask for help with changing your username, as thinking independently doesn't seem to be a strong suit of yours at the moment - nor do you seem to tolerate independent thinking in others.

Old 11-21-2021, 07:21 AM

^^^
Bingo

Old 11-21-2021, 07:34 AM

6,295 posts, read 11,018,852 times
Quote:
So.. you acknowledge that COVID isn't going anywhere and is here to stay. But you then say that the current restrictions are staying until COVID is "under control".. which will be - never. If this is how you want to live your life permanently, so be it - you're free to do so. Its not illegal to be a germaphobe. But the rest of us have the right to live our lives as we see fit, instead of being prisoners to your fears. Wear three masks and latex gloves and take a booster shot every 3 months. Have at it, none of us will stop you.

Ain't it funny that there was no acknowledgement of how wrong their assumption was? Instead they changed gears into the fact that we need mental health treatment. As well as bringing racism into the conversation.

Help is available for you too.
https://www.uopeople.edu/blog/how-to-think-critically/
https://www.indeed.com/career-advice...ink-critically

Maybe you want to send a PM to Yac and ask for help with changing your username, as thinking independently doesn't seem to be a strong suit of yours at the moment - nor do you seem to tolerate independent thinking in others.
Would rep you again if I could. Yeah, I've been dealing with this type where I live in the Cincinnati area as well. Fed up with the ignorance of people that can't utilize logic to make rational decisions or accurately comprehend what is really taking place. They have a very distorted view of reality.

Covid is a vacation of the cold viruses that have been around since the dawn of time. It likely will not go away and we'll have to deal with it as it morphs, just like the common cold. Sadly many politicians and the medical industry are using this as an excuse to abuse people and seize power that otherwise would be held in check in "normal" times. And this is not just happening the USA but also in many countries around the country.

A quick PS. For those of you that have that have to endure dealing with the ignorance just outlined by Tyovan, you may want to relocate to small town or rural America. You can still find some people that don't view everyone that doesn't march in lock step with their agenda as being a problem. Precisely what I am doing. Done with urban living thanks to the continual bad experiences with the people in the Cincinnati metro and prior to that Indy metro.

Old 11-21-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Would rep you again if I could. Yeah, I've been dealing with this type where I live in the Cincinnati area as well. Fed up with the ignorance of people that can't utilize logic to make rational decisions or accurately comprehend what is really taking place. They have a very distorted view of reality.

Covid is a vacation of the cold viruses that have been around since the dawn of time. It likely will not go away and we'll have to deal with it as it morphs, just like the common cold. Sadly many politicians and the medical industry are using this as an excuse to abuse people and seize power that otherwise would be held in check in "normal" times. And this is not just happening the USA but also in many countries around the country.

A quick PS. For those of you that have that have to endure dealing with the ignorance just outlined by Tyovan, you may want to relocate to small town or rural America. You can still find some people that don't view everyone that doesn't march in lock step with their agenda as being a problem. Precisely what I am doing. Done with urban living thanks to the continual bad experiences with the people in the Cincinnati metro and prior to that Indy metro.
Bingo - you get it.
I grew up in a small town in Lancaster County - and everyday that I live here (Ive been here 12 years) I realize more and more how I dont fit in and never will. The culture is simply too different.
Another 12 years and I max my pension and my kid will have graduated college - so I can sell and leave for greener pastures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh