Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2022, 06:42 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghophilia View Post
To be fair, there is an extra qualifier in there: certainly this could have (not certainly this would have) --
yep, i know. i couldnt trip you up!

and i am not a military genius, of course, but i feel the failure and chaos of that scene in Afghanistan is a total disgrace of Biden's - for ALL of us: veterans, current military, widows of afghan-campaign military, the american public itself, etc.

sorry, biden fans - i think it was a shame in the worst way. even his reaction and subsequent decisions seemed like it was just....waiting it out!

Old 07-29-2022, 06:50 AM

468 posts, read 123,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
yep, i know. i couldnt trip you up!

and i am not a military genius, of course, but i feel the failure and chaos of that scene in Afghanistan is a total disgrace of Biden's - for ALL of us: veterans, current military, widows of afghan-campaign military, the american public itself, etc.

sorry, biden fans - i think it was a shame in the worst way. even his reaction and subsequent decisions seemed like it was just....waiting it out!
There aren't Biden "fans" out there to be clear. Not my analysis, but I think a commentator said something like, "the first 10 Biden fans don't love him as much as the first 20 million Trump fans love Trump." I think no one (reasonable) thinks that is a good result -- however, I think issue is the extent to which Biden personally can be blamed -- sure, he's a "buck stops with me" kind of guy, so he is going to take the blame, and he should. But the criticisms from the right are completely out of proportion to crime. I'm no serious Joe devotee, but I don't question his patriotism, or his concern for US servicemen and women (can't say the same for Trump, who has called them chumps and isn't beyond attacking them if it serves his political purpose).

Frankly, if there had not been the loss of US life, I think there would be less criticism. I don't buy the argument that, somehow, because we lost thousands of men/women in Afghanistan, we, therefore, needed to throw more American lives at the situation to "honor" those fallen men and women. We tried for 20 years to rebuild that society, and it was not worth more American lives.

Last edited by Burghophilia; 07-29-2022 at 07:21 AM..

Old 07-29-2022, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
A Trooper got shot in a convenience store in Aliquippa by Damian Bradford.
https://triblive.com/local/regional/...-in-aliquippa/

The same Damian Bradford who in 2005 shot and killed the husband of his mistress, in exchange for splitting millions of dollars his mistress would inherit. He only got 17 years in prison for that - due to a plea deal.

Prior to that, he had a criminal record for drug dealing and gun charges. https://www.sharonherald.com/gallery...1165ca011.html

Once again, perhaps the solution to gun violence isnt to infringe on the rights of the law-abiding citizenry to protect themselves from the animals inappropriately released back into our society, perhaps the solution to gun violence is to dramatically increase the penalties for the illegal misuse of guns by criminals.

This clown should never again breathe free air - but I'm sure he'll be back on the streets in 5-10 years, because he's somehow a 'victim of society'.
Weird case to be sure -- I don't have time now, but will check the newspapers for the original crime to see why sentence seems light -- if nothing else, the initial murder appears to have been a "crime of passion," so, yea, not great -- but not necessarily "animalistic" behavior -- seems all too human.

Old 07-29-2022, 08:16 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
They're desperate to maintain their TV inspired beliefs despite the evidence of Biden's impulsivity and incompetence on display on a daily basis.
We thought the same of Trump you know. Do you remember how his presidency ended? Do you remember the fumbled Covid response? The Covid mixed messages? The bleach inquiry? The Proud Boys support? Come on now.

Old 07-29-2022, 08:33 AM

1,912 posts, read 738,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
We thought the same of Trump you know. Do you remember how his presidency ended? Do you remember the fumbled Covid response? The Covid mixed messages? The bleach inquiry? The Proud Boys support? Come on now.
I'm not a Trump fan because he didn't reduce the size of the federal government. However he did not have dementia, didn't start wars with nuclear powers and wasn't dumb as a box of rocks. He didn't levy sanctions that primarily affected poor countries, Europe and America, leaving his enemies untouched.

Domestically, his policy is gaslighting the impossibly stupid 30% who still support him about the economy. The rest of us aren't so brainwashed.

Old 07-29-2022, 08:49 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Muh Fauci the expert told because Trump and everyone else we had nothing to worry about. Because Trump, even during impeachment nonsense got the shot out in record time and was one of the first ones to take it. Dems wouldn’t endorse it until after the election and then couldn’t get folks to take it, and let’s not forget Sleepy Joe promised to end the virus quickly.

Still laugh at the bleach joke. It’s amazing how folks take it seriously.

Last edited by erieguy; 07-29-2022 at 09:12 AM..

Old 07-29-2022, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

Still laugh at the bleach joke. It’s amazing how folks take it seriously.
It's not about taking it seriously -- it is about someone having the poor judgment to make such a stupid joke during a press conference about a global infectious disease. It's not about truth, it's about poor judgment. Fine for a reality TV star, not fine for a president. Oh but wait, 99% survival rate, or plandemic or experimental vaccine, or two years of Erieguy BS.

Last edited by Burghophilia; 07-29-2022 at 09:32 AM..

Old 07-29-2022, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
A Trooper got shot in a convenience store in Aliquippa by Damian Bradford.
https://triblive.com/local/regional/...-in-aliquippa/

The same Damian Bradford who in 2005 shot and killed the husband of his mistress, in exchange for splitting millions of dollars his mistress would inherit. He only got 17 years in prison for that - due to a plea deal.

Prior to that, he had a criminal record for drug dealing and gun charges. https://www.sharonherald.com/gallery...1165ca011.html

Once again, perhaps the solution to gun violence isnt to infringe on the rights of the law-abiding citizenry to protect themselves from the animals inappropriately released back into our society, perhaps the solution to gun violence is to dramatically increase the penalties for the illegal misuse of guns by criminals.

This clown should never again breathe free air - but I'm sure he'll be back on the streets in 5-10 years, because he's somehow a 'victim of society'.
Bingo…and here’s a great example of the consequences of spinning criminals through the revolving doors of justice, and even worse since bail reform causing crime and violent crime to skyrocket.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/28/recidi...oar-nypd-data/

Old 07-29-2022, 07:23 PM

82 posts, read 30,122 times
Man shot in the face E Warrington ave at Estella.

It was only a gun sale gone wrong!

Old 07-29-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaljoker View Post
Innocent man shot in the face E Warrington ave at Estella.

It was only a carjacking attempt gone wrong!
He’ll be out soon after he’s caught.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh