Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2022, 01:02 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
But it’s easier to blame the meanie NRA and its members than to blame those causing the most problems.
Who blames the NRA? We ask for common sense gun control but the NRA gets in the way. You have it backwards. Who are these people placing blame? Specifically who? Fox?

Old 09-26-2022, 01:06 PM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I am black and my aim is excellent. Most black folks especially the ones that I know have no need to fire into a crowd. The generalized blanket statements are idiotic. Imagine if I used blanket statements for white people? Get over yourself.

so if you are saying that should you need to shoot someone in the area, they are a goner. got it. HOWEVER, according to allegheny and pittsburgh police, to their knowledge, every shooting in the area this year has a black perp so you hafta admit this is more than smoke/fire. and aside from random victims (in the crowd?) it seems all intended targets are ALSO black. so racism does not apply and it is a curious set of circumstances no?

Old 09-26-2022, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Human beings use words to communicate. Anyone who's at all familiar with American society and the English language knows what the word "leftist" refers to. What do you want proof of? Are Mik Pappas and that non-binary or whatever person not now the magistrate judges for Lawrenceville, having unseated some perfectly good long-standing judges? I read the Lisa Middleman received strong support in the "East End" in her D.A. run. Was that fake news? Why did they vote for these people? Because those candidates promised to be soft on crime. Yet I don't believe for a second that the people who live in those neighborhoods really want a soft-on-crime approach. If my saying that really hurts your feeling this much, I don't know what to tell you.

People voting for policies that they don't really want is not meaningless. If you want abortion to remain legal, would you vote for someone who vows to make it illegal? No. Why? Because that would produce results that you don't want, obviously.
I have attended campaigns and rallies. I have never heard a candidate state "I am going to take the soft on crime approach". Never have I ever heard this and I have been voting faithfully since 1993.

Old 09-26-2022, 01:07 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Who blames the NRA? We ask for common sense gun control but the NRA gets in the way. You have it backwards. Who are these people placing blame? Specifically who? Fox?
There is common sense gun control. You just want more of it. Still waiting for proof to children getting new in the the box guns legally like you’ve claimed many times?

Dems continue to blame guns instead of blaming the loser criminals that continue to use them. Many want these loser violent criminals put away, but the folks that defend and enable these poor entitled criminals help put them back on the streets.

Old 09-26-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
They’re not allowed to do their jobs without folks crying about them being big meanies. Many folks don’t even want them in their neighborhoods to do their jobs. They prefer defending and enabling criminals than having them put away. Though Big Ed says he’s hiring more police officers so perhaps the skyrocketing violent crime isn’t going well for these folks
This is a totally fabricated lie. Name the folks that want to rid their neighborhood of police. I do not know any. Who defends criminals? Lawyers? Fvcked up unhinged family members? I have yet to meet any of these people and I live in a city hood. Please show me one person please. A real person and not a clown.

Old 09-26-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
so if you are saying that should you need to shoot someone in the area, they are a goner. got it. HOWEVER, according to allegheny and pittsburgh police, to their knowledge, every shooting in the area this year has a black perp so you hafta admit this is more than smoke/fire. and aside from random victims (in the crowd?) it seems all intended targets are ALSO black. so racism does not apply and it is a curious set of circumstances no?
Bingo

Old 09-26-2022, 01:18 PM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
I have attended campaigns and rallies. I have never heard a candidate state "I am going to take the soft on crime approach". Never have I ever heard this and I have been voting faithfully since 1993.

if what you say is true then you have heard them state they are going to defund police, reimagine police funding, replace police first responders with social workers (are YOU prepared to answer the call for 'man with AK'?), eliminate bail, reduce sentences etc blah blah blah.

EACH of these items, as any COP or PROSECUTOR has told you, has caused this problem. There have been exactly zero wins here. Blue or left in control = crime up. Red or right in control = crime down. that one keeps proving itself over, and over, and over again. AT what point do we take it seriously?

Old 09-26-2022, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillersfan1933 View Post
Indeed. He, she, it fought hard and spent a lot of time to compile this long thread on gun violence being a problem.
I do imagine it to resemble Rosie O'Donnell.

Old 09-26-2022, 01:36 PM

Quote:
This is a totally fabricated lie. Name the folks that want to rid their neighborhood of police. I do not know any. Who defends criminals? Lawyers? Fvcked up unhinged family members? I have yet to meet any of these people and I live in a city hood. Please show me one person please. A real person and not a clown.
Interesting how you claim to never hear such things that are quite common. Perhaps you should leave the “city hood” you claim to live i n once in awhile…and considering you’ve said “F the police” many times, it’s interesting that you’re asking who says such a thing.

“The increase in crime should give people pause before they talk about defunding the police or reducing officers in Black neighborhoods, Homewood resident Zinna Scott said. Scott, president of the Zone Five Public Safety Council, said she believes the presence of police curbs violence.

But since talks of defunding the police and reducing officers in Black neighborhoods gained momentum last year, Scott said she has welcomed people to offer answers for an alternative”.

As Violent Crimes Increase In Some City Neighborhoods, Residents Debate Officer Visibility

https://www.wesa.fm/identity-communi...cer-visibility

Old 09-26-2022, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
or, it hit too close to home...IIRC, the things she said, were actually correct w.r.t what we know about the 'wilkinsburg wipeout'
What she said was incorrect. If my son worked at that restaurant and served her.......what would she think of this poor young man? That was the issue. The massacre was horrific and really happened. Making assumptions about specific young black men can be dangerous. My son was raised in a middle class two parent household with loving parents. He knows nothing about the criminal element but can be viewed as a violent criminal. He is 6'5" tall and 170lbs. He looks like a baby to me but others may view him differently out of ignorance..... This is a black parents fear....one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh