Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2021, 06:52 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Couldn’t imagine going to Perryopolis for anything, but where are you going in the city where you’re not getting good options, they don’t thank you as a patron, and aren’t treated in a kind manner?
I don't think Perryopolis has changed much since my high school teams played them in football & basketball 55 years ago. ( Geez, I'm old!) Still the same small Frazier School District after all these years.
Used to be a well known biker bar on RT 51 in Perry ( Marlene's ? ) that has been closed for a while; not sure when, since it's been 5 years or more I went down that way.
Another old town that time has passed by.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:06 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Been a few years since I went through Perryopolis and have zero reason to go through again, but still looking forward to hearing what place was visited and what city venues are being talked about.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:20 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
...for this "critical information" that, as the article says, is reported anyway, only on an annual basis.
That's the money quote, isn't it? People come up with these supposedly radical ideas for change, and most of the time those "new" ideas are things that have have been done since who-knows-when. This time, though, they're going to super do these things. Or something.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:27 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
I don't think Perryopolis has changed much since my high school teams played them in football & basketball 55 years ago. ( Geez, I'm old!) Still the same small Frazier School District after all these years.
Used to be a well known biker bar on RT 51 in Perry ( Marlene's ? ) that has been closed for a while; not sure when, since it's been 5 years or more I went down that way.
Another old town that time has passed by.
Ah those not in the know. The Cactus and The Junction are packed every night. Up the road the White's Tavern is also packed. They treat you well and also prices are great. Nothing like the privileged areas in and around Pittsburgh.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Ah those not in the know. The Cactus and The Junction are packed every night. Up the road the White's Tavern is also packed. They treat you well and also prices are great. Nothing like the privileged areas in and around Pittsburgh.
So you’re driving approximately an hour to go to places in Perryopolis for beer and wings because you can’t find non-privileged areas in and around Pittsburgh?

Old 10-13-2021, 08:53 PM
gg

Quote:
So you’re driving approximately an hour to go to places in Perryopolis for beer and wings because you can’t find non-privileged areas in and around Pittsburgh?
I work in oil and gas industry and travel all over western PA. So, I have options AND I also have knowledge of the difference between the city areas and the country. You? No knowledge of anything that I can tell. Bingo!

Old 10-13-2021, 08:56 PM
gg

Ross seems to have a huge spill over from the black areas. Just another crime story that is biweekly. Man what is wrong with the black community these days. So privileged and entitled. It only gets worse from here unless we get super proactive policing to the point of stop, question and frisk! We need to get this crime under control!

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...BZJZOF67IG5IE/

Old 10-13-2021, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I work in oil and gas industry and travel all over western PA. So, I have options AND I also have knowledge of the difference between the city areas and the country. You? No knowledge of anything that I can tell. Bingo!
I know where Perryopolis is and I know where Pittsburgh is and know it’s approximately an hour away. I also know many places in Pittsburgh that have great beer and wings and was at one of them on Sunday after the Stillers game at Fatheads. Folks there are very nice and there’s certainly nothing wrong with their prices. I know I’m certainly not going to Perryopolis when there’s many places in and around Pittsburgh.

Old 10-13-2021, 09:32 PM
gg

Quote:
I know where Perryopolis is and I know where Pittsburgh is and know it’s approximately an hour away. I also know many places in Pittsburgh that have great beer and wings and was at one of them on Sunday after the Stillers game at Fatheads. Folks there are very nice and there’s certainly nothing wrong with their prices. I know I’m certainly not going to Perryopolis when there’s many places in and around Pittsburgh.
Fat Heads is okay. Just be careful going to your car after your done or going to that place. It is in a war zone with shootings all the time due to the black community going there now. It is what it is. Just be careful.

Old 10-14-2021, 05:01 PM

Police investigating frightening assault on Pittsburgh’s North Shore

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...MZSBLREUCDDAA/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh