Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2022, 09:22 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
way to smooth it over.

there is, every couple of years, the person who says "its just kids fighting".

i dont know this cardamone but am aware of the hair salon thats been there at least 40 years, and its upscale. the guy has a business there. it is a part of the downtown fabric.

right, he's a miserable curmudgeon - always complaining about the problems downtown when it SHOULD be a free-for-all playground for expression - whether its teens fighting and breaking property (and causing potential for serious harm), drug users (it should be legalized! its the GOP's fault!), panhandlers (its the government's fault!), and the like.

he should go, and take his long established business with him....take the tax dollars, too, who needs them, because the democrats have a magical money tree.
Bingo…”they’re having the time of their lives”, while committing crimes and violence with no regards for folks businesses, lives, etc…, as it continues to get worse.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-29-2022 at 09:30 AM..

Old 11-29-2022, 11:51 AM

135 posts, read 36,029 times
Quote:
way to smooth it over.

i dont know this cardamone but am aware of the hair salon thats been there at least 40 years, and its upscale. the guy has a business there. it is a part of the downtown fabric.

right, he's a miserable curmudgeon - always complaining about the problems downtown when it SHOULD be a free-for-all playground for expression - whether its teens fighting and breaking property (and causing potential for serious harm), drug users (it should be legalized! its the GOP's fault!), panhandlers (its the government's fault!), and the like.

he should go, and take his long established business with him....take the tax dollars, too, who needs them, because the democrats have a magical money tree.
Whatever your feelings Szuggy, here's a nice Gene Collier column from November 1999, when someone pulled a gun on one of Cardamone's hairstylists in Market Square (page 22/D1):

https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...rontpage&hl=en

Old 11-29-2022, 12:24 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burghophilia-03 View Post
Whatever your feelings Szuggy, here's a nice Gene Collier column from November 1999, when someone pulled a gun on one of Cardamone's hairstylists in Market Square (page 22/D1):

https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...rontpage&hl=en
I’m old enough to remember when Market Square was sketchy

Old 11-29-2022, 12:48 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,393,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I’m old enough to remember when Market Square was sketchy
There was a lot of drug activity in market square and the mcdonalds on liberty and stanwix. Lots of business men buying their pills and crack before work.

Old 11-29-2022, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
There was a lot of drug activity in market square and the mcdonalds on liberty and stanwix. Lots of business men buying their pills and crack before work.
The Circle bar, Indian culture shop, and barbershop were contributing to the drug activity as well. Did I mention the pigeons??

Old 11-29-2022, 01:50 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,493 times
Quote:
way to smooth it over.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to szug-bot again."

Old 11-29-2022, 04:09 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,698,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
I still think Market Square could be better utilized. I was sad when they took down the stage.

Old 11-29-2022, 04:36 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,393,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
The Circle bar, Indian culture shop, and barbershop were contributing to the drug activity as well. Did I mention the pigeons??
The pigeons were some bad dudes, they would play chicken with you.

Old 11-29-2022, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
I still think Market Square could be better utilized. I was sad when they took down the stage.
There is a dedicated tented section used quite often. Larger concerts use the mobile stages equipped with LED lighting. The former stage was large and built into the square itself. This was when Forbes Ave traffic ran through the square. The traffic flowing through the square included port authority buses

Old 11-29-2022, 07:19 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
The hood came in and violence started to happen. Just like what is happening to the South Side and other areas. At the end of the day most ALL crime is committed by the same people from the same neighborhoods. If you disagree, you are living a fake world and don't watch any local news at all.

Sorry, but the truth is the truth. Heck driving an Uber is crazy dangerous if you pick up the wrong people from he wrong neighborhood. Don't believe me? HA, just do some research and if you can refute what I say with REAL statistics, please do. Sadly, you can't. No one can, because it isn't just Pittsburgh, it is most every city now because we are not being proactive with policing. Ah, I am sure this pisses the fake world people off however. Statistics are needed to argue with me. Good luck. Every city will need stop, question and frisk at some point. Just the way we are heading due to the crazy left extremist that run every city.

Enjoy the beautiful days ahead. Such great weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh