Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2023, 01:31 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
my comment wasnt any us vs. them thing, though. it is to call out the commonality of much urban crime. there HAS to be SOME discussion and solution there.

the last few years have brought about everything else - more diversity in media. much needed. check.
acceptance of gay role models, especially on broadcast tv. needed. check.
awareness of marginalized people and the abuse they take. check.

dealing with the continuous, random yet systemic events in urban crime? just more sadness, funerals for children, and the occassional candle vigil. why is the Prez not addressing this! Even Nixon was quizzed on crime in american cities. gerald ford and carter were responsive to NYC's dire need in the 70s.

do something, Joe, you ****ing idiot.
Once the federal government gets involved it will be sweeping and in the form of RICO. Another RICO will resolve the issue overnight similar to the mid 90s.

Old 01-10-2023, 05:38 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Once the federal government gets involved it will be sweeping and in the form of RICO. Another RICO will resolve the issue overnight similar to the mid 90s.
RICO is going to end the skyrocketing shootings and murders and put these criminals away for life and not dump them back on the streets to do it again?

Old 01-10-2023, 05:40 AM

Quote:
my comment wasnt any us vs. them thing, though. it is to call out the commonality of much urban crime. there HAS to be SOME discussion and solution there.

the last few years have brought about everything else - more diversity in media. much needed. check.
acceptance of gay role models, especially on broadcast tv. needed. check.
awareness of marginalized people and the abuse they take. check.

dealing with the continuous, random yet systemic events in urban crime? just more sadness, funerals for children, and the occassional candle vigil. why is the Prez not addressing this! Even Nixon was quizzed on crime in american cities. gerald ford and carter were responsive to NYC's dire need in the 70s.

do something, Joe, you ****ing idiot.
Sleep Joe isn’t going to do anything. Nor is Big Ed or the soft on crime political figures that defend and enable criminals. It’ll keep getting worse until that changes. The poor entitled criminals will be defended and guns and meanie police will be blamed.

Old 01-10-2023, 06:16 AM

1,913 posts, read 738,744 times
RICO is what needs to be used in DC to get the pols rounded up and jailed.

Old 01-10-2023, 07:43 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I don't see how RICO is going to do anything in this case. The teens murdering is a trend, but not jrelated to organized crime. Kids are shooting people for joy rides in cars, just to take someone's life for a power trip and more. RICO hit organized crime hard like the mafia and some motorcycle gangs etc., but it will have no effect on what is going on in Pittsburgh and really every city now. Kids have guns and just use them to take your car, money or just shoot you in the back for fun. It is the knockout game, but with bullets flying and it is here to stay. You think this teen generation is violent? Wait for the ones that are in diapers now.

I just assume when I open a Pittsburgh news site there will be some shootings by teens in our area. It is our new norm. Kids with no supervision and they have some $ to buy guns, or they steal guns. It isn't organized crime, just a huge trend that is gaining steam.

Old 01-10-2023, 07:50 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
RICO is what needs to be used in DC to get the pols rounded up and jailed.
I think you are confused. I think you are thinking of white pol watchers.

Old 01-11-2023, 08:14 PM

14-year-old hospitalized after being shot in Beechview

https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/14-...hview/42459242

Old 01-12-2023, 06:26 AM

1,913 posts, read 738,744 times
I'm surprised the kids haven't mounted guns on drones yet, like the cartels are doing. Then they don't have to be near the weapon they use to kill people.

Old 01-12-2023, 01:06 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
I'm surprised the kids haven't mounted guns on drones yet, like the cartels are doing. Then they don't have to be near the weapon they use to kill people.
mexico?

give it time, that will happen here. enough people here are hell bent on making this nation, or parts of it, the same ghetto ****hole that you find in parts of latin america.

Old 01-12-2023, 01:26 PM

Quote:
mexico?

give it time, that will happen here. enough people here are hell bent on making this nation, or parts of it, the same ghetto ****hole that you find in parts of latin america.
Bingo…especially with sOOO many illegals that have come through the border that should’ve been long shut down. I do love those that reap what they sow and then complain about it, while also blaming the police, saying something needs done and crying victimhood at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh