Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2023, 07:38 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Can you show me where these two senators said this is racist? I looked and couldn’t find that quote anywhere in the article.
Quote:
These emissions can create a cumulative burden to households that are already more likely to face higher exposure to both indoor and outdoor air pollution. Statistics show that Black, Latino, and low-income households are more likely to experience disproportionate air pollution, either from being more likely to be located near a waste incinerator or coal ash site, or living in smaller homes with poor ventilation, malfunctioning appliances, mold, dust mites, secondhand smoke, lead dust, pests, and other maintenance deficiencies.”
https://www.booker.senate.gov/news/p...-by-gas-stoves
There you go. I'm sure that you'll try to argue semantics and play games - but anyone else reading that will see that describing it as a charge of racism is a fair description.

Old 01-15-2023, 07:44 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
There you go. I'm sure that you'll try to argue semantics and play games - but anyone else reading that will see that describing it as a charge of racism is a fair description.
Just think if Wendy Bell would’ve said it. Yikes

Old 01-15-2023, 08:09 PM

408 posts, read 231,953 times
Quote:
The two senators are not racist here. Statistics and data is broken out between races, genders, sex, etc. The raw data does show that minority groups do suffer more than majority groups. Blacks and Latinos are greatly more affected. Stating this data does not make a person racist. We who support causes and such need to watch out on the virtue signaling, especially if you dial that up to 11.

Old 01-15-2023, 08:45 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higherho View Post
The two senators are not racist here. Statistics and data is broken out between races, genders, sex, etc. The raw data does show that minority groups do suffer more than majority groups. Blacks and Latinos are greatly more affected. Stating this data does not make a person racist. We who support causes and such need to watch out on the virtue signaling, especially if you dial that up to 11.
Will anyone ever see that the Democratic Party used all of us to gain power with this division? That is the question. It is all complete nonsense that is sucked up by the emotional people. There are genders that run more on emotion. Sorry, but that is just a fact of life. We were WAY more together as people in the 70's and 80's and black and white used to just party together and no one cared at all. Then the Dem's used us all creating all this hate and division. It is VERY clear, yet people don't like to see it. Just say you were wrong and see it for what it is. I used to be a member of that group. Not anymore. I don't like my current group, but I WILL NOT be part of that mob. They make me sick!

Old 01-16-2023, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Focusing on the racial implications of something as ridiculously mundane as kitchen appliances can only be described by objective thinkers as being racist.

Old 01-16-2023, 07:29 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:

the problem with this is that it does not focus on economic need, but rather the most needs of minority groups. shocker - there are middle class latins in the United States and have been for at least 175 years.

there are blacks who wear shoes and have window panes and HVAC, too.

"Blacks and Latinos are greatly more affected". Sure, for those in more meager economic straits, but again, its not all of them.

There really is no justification for calling out race/ethnic group on this. It should be about the American consumer, period. Making this a cause celebre based on race again does nothing keeps some in our nation myopic on real world realities.

Oh, and there are a lot of non - latin, non-black people affected by poor environmental health everywhere. is corey booker concerned with coal miners and remote areas of fracking, mineral extraction, or chemical processing and the affects on people there?

Old 01-16-2023, 07:30 AM

987 posts, read 280,132 times
Quote:

So, from the senators stating those statistics, you've inferred that they're calling gas stoves racist?

Are you sure you haven't been exposed to too much natural gas and its' effecting your brain? Cuz that's insane.

Old 01-16-2023, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
So, from the senators stating those statistics, you've inferred that they're calling gas stoves racist?

Are you sure you haven't been exposed to too much natural gas and its' effecting your brain? Cuz that's insane.
When a poster as balanced as szug is calling you out for being a lib tard, and pointing out that you're engaging in rhetorical games, maybe you should sit down and take a look in a mirror. Or go use Reddit, where you'll fit right in.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/64740391-post96.html

Your judgment doesn't matter, because I don't respect you. And I think few other posters do.

Old 01-16-2023, 09:31 AM

1,913 posts, read 739,234 times
Just shut their gas off. Problem solved.

Old 01-16-2023, 09:43 AM

987 posts, read 280,132 times
Quote:
When a poster as balanced as szug is calling you out for being a lib tard, and pointing out that you're engaging in rhetorical games, maybe you should sit down and take a look in a mirror. Or go use Reddit, where you'll fit right in.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/64740391-post96.html

Your judgment doesn't matter, because I don't respect you. And I think few other posters do.
LOL. You’re the one that thought senators were calling inanimate objects racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh