Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2021, 01:22 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,002,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I see Brookline in the news often. Some 13 year old was attacked by a large group of teens and hospitalized. Then there just was a teen shot multiple times to death by a group, yet I don't think any arrests yet. Seems to be a gang down there or something? Pretty violent.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...CNSAM5XUIEDC4/

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021...line-shooting/
Brookline has always been sketchy/dumpy. It’s been cleaned up a bit over the last few years, but hearing it in the news often isn’t surprising.

Old 08-28-2021, 10:56 AM

12,240 posts, read 6,400,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
internet rule #2: if someone invokes hitler their argument is toast.

but seriously, who did what? got a quote for that one? somehow it does not quite pass muster
For Hitler it was the Jews. For trump it was the Mexicans. Yep, same play book.

Old 08-28-2021, 11:01 AM

12,240 posts, read 6,400,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Can you follow? Atlanta is a black run city. This was accomplished when Georgia was a red state. My point is if the Democrats would stop giving minorities scraps from the table so they are dependent on them, nothing changes. If you give them nothing they can build a city. Geez.

Read this book. https://www.amazon.com/Please-Stop-H..._1630010118192
Our rural counties are getting the same scraps and nothing changes there either. They are dependent on them.

https://www.zipdatamaps.com/economic...level-heat-map

Old 08-28-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
7 months out of office and it’s still because Trump, lol.

Old 08-28-2021, 12:34 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,877,671 times
Quote:
No. One was genocide. The other simply wanted immigration and voting laws enforced.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Replying to this thread as there was a stabbing down by the Greyhound Station last night.
https://triblive.com/local/police-1-...tion-downtown/

Old 08-28-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
No. One was genocide. The other simply wanted immigration and voting laws enforced.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Replying to this thread as there was a stabbing down by the Greyhound Station last night.
https://triblive.com/local/police-1-...tion-downtown/
Bingo

So much violent crime. Considering yinzers always pull the D lever no matter what, I wonder how many will have the foresight to see that electing Big Ed and his plan to defund the police isn’t a good idea

Old 08-28-2021, 01:17 PM

807 posts, read 611,431 times
[quote=tyovan4;61788608]The other simply wanted . . . and voting laws enforced.

Not really interested in this thread or these allegations -- but this is a bit much. Go back and listen to Trump's speech on January 6th, if you can stomach it (I keep a bucket next to my chair in case I need to retch). Hard to say this fellow is just pleading for voting laws to be enforced.

It ain't Hitler, but it doesn't seem like liberal democracy either.

Yeah, "muh Trump" Erieguy, but even this week, we see PA Republican State Senators moving forward with some BS on the election, and we are still waiting for the Arizona clown show to finish up. So, yep, I'd very much like to be done with Trump, but the dude and his supporters will not let us.

That said, no doubt the mid-terms are going to be a sh-tshow -- between lingering covid; disaster in Afghanistan, inflation -- so, when you guys win, can you give me a primo spot in the re-education camps I assume you are going to set-up?

Old 08-28-2021, 01:30 PM

[quote=Doowlle34;61788959]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
The other simply wanted . . . and voting laws enforced.

Not really interested in this thread or these allegations -- but this is a bit much. Go back and listen to Trump's speech on January 6th, if you can stomach it (I keep a bucket next to my chair in case I need to retch). Hard to say this fellow is just pleading for voting laws to be enforced.

It ain't Hitler, but it doesn't seem like liberal democracy either.

Yeah, "muh Trump" Erieguy, but even this week, we see PA Republican State Senators moving forward with some BS on the election, and we are still waiting for the Arizona clown show to finish up. So, yep, I'd very much like to be done with Trump, but the dude and his supporters will not let us.

That said, no doubt the mid-terms are going to be a sh-tshow -- between lingering covid; disaster in Afghanistan, inflation -- so, when you guys win, can you give me a primo spot in the re-education camps I assume you are going to set-up?
You’ll never be done with because Trump. All one has to do is look away if they want to.

Opinions vary. Many obviously don’t consider it a clown show, and with what we’re seeing with the current regime, I’d wager a huge amount of folks are wishing for a different outcome.

The current regime being more concerned with impeachment than the pandemic and not endorsing the vaccine, to giving huge amounts of money away and on pace for more than the country has ever seen causing inflation, to the Afghanistan debacle, etc…, the mid-terms are going to be wonderful, and no matter who goes against this regime in 2024, it’ll be a slam dunk.

The camps you speak of are already trying to be setup by the current regime.

Many of us saw much of this coming. Unfortunately, many couldn’t and are learning the hard way.

Last edited by erieguy; 08-28-2021 at 01:39 PM..

Old 08-28-2021, 03:54 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,276,745 times
Quote:
You don't read many history books, do you?

Old 08-28-2021, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
You don't read many history books, do you?
Definitely not, and they’re not alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh