Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 05:54 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,591,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
As long as everything is blamed on structural racism, all will be well. Hamlet will be teflon and the white liberals will continue to assume the ostrich position.
Yep. I hate to say it but any sort of criticism aired towards Hamlet (or presumptive Mayor Elect Gainey) is/will be blamed on "racism" by the East End progressives.

Meanwhile people (white or Black) freely bashed Peduto left and right literally every second of every day, and not once did anyone allege those complaints were based upon anything other than real or perceived poor job performance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2021, 08:18 AM

540 posts, read 868,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
I'm sure school board members have been well compensated for their corruption too! It's so much better when there's a big old slush fund from the Feds where all the good elected and appointed officials can wet their beaks, isn't it?
While I agree that Hamlet's continued employment is a joke, School Board is an unpaid office.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:25 AM

45,337 posts, read 60,522,810 times
I'm sorry but you're still second class until the Superintendent gets convicted for taking bribes and getting his girlfriend a job with one of the companies bribing him.

Former Prince George's County Public Schools' CEO Andre J. Hornsby is Sentenced to Six Years in Prison

Old 08-27-2021, 08:40 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I'm sorry but you're still second class until the Superintendent gets convicted for taking bribes and getting his girlfriend a job with one of the companies bribing him.

Former Prince George's County Public Schools' CEO Andre J. Hornsby is Sentenced to Six Years in Prison
Wow, 6 years. Pretty hefty. I think Hamlet will get a raise and won't have any issues.

On a bright not in Pittsburgh, at least the protesting ended with the TDS people. Goodness, that was getting old with all the sore losers crying nonstop, rioting, looting and making sure only Democrats can be elected president or else. It is what it is. Nice and quiet now though. As expected. No one really cares about PPS leaders much. They will stick by their decision no matter what.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:41 AM

1,910 posts, read 736,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter_rej View Post
While I agree that Hamlet's continued employment is a joke, School Board is an unpaid office.
There's no way this guy was hired and retained without payoffs to the Board.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:44 AM

45,337 posts, read 60,522,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Wow, 6 years. Pretty hefty. I think Hamlet will get a raise and won't have any issues.

On a bright not in Pittsburgh, at least the protesting ended with the TDS people. Goodness, that was getting old with all the sore losers crying nonstop, rioting, looting and making sure only Democrats can be elected president or else. It is what it is. Nice and quiet now though. As expected. No one really cares about PPS leaders much. They will stick by their decision no matter what.
Until they don't.

It may not happen until the gentrifiers everyone complains about have school age kids and they are faced with ponying up multiple thousands of dollars for private school or going to a supposedly inadequate public school.

That's when you'll get reformers in office.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:47 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times
Quote:
There's no way this guy was hired and retained without payoffs to the Board.
That is a pretty serious allegation. I am not sure they would do that at such a risk. I think this thing will blow over and nothing will happen. They sort of have to stick with the man they wanted in there. If they don't they will have to find another minority to fill the position or they will look like "racists".

If you are correct, that will make some real news stories. This whole thing was going to be pushed under the rug, but KDKA I believe did some digging and did some legwork. I find that interesting.

Old 08-27-2021, 09:47 AM

1,910 posts, read 736,911 times
What they have done by hiring and retaining him after his behavior is exposed is normalize corruption. Who but those engaged in the same misconduct does that?

Old 08-27-2021, 09:52 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,196,660 times
Quote:
What they have done by hiring and retaining him after his behavior is exposed is normalize corruption. Who but those engaged in the same misconduct does that?
Bingo

Birds of a feather….

Old 08-27-2021, 07:15 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,196,660 times
Lol
“ In response to Lamb’s statements, Hamlet’s lawyer said “the school district is in great hands … and will continue to be in great hands with Dr. Hamlet.”
https://www.publicsource.org/pittsbu...n-ethics-laws/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh