Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2021, 07:12 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
You always dumb it down the later it gets. You should really take your own advice of you not posting at night, lol.
I could drink a bottle of booze and still make more sense than most of your posts. Enjoy your night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2021, 07:24 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I could drink a bottle of booze and still make more sense than most of your posts. Enjoy your night.
Lol. Sounded like you had at least 2, especially when “yield” and “obey” come out.

Old 11-05-2021, 09:35 PM

1,170 posts, read 591,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. I’m simply asking questions to what you’ve said. You brought MAF up and called him a distraction.

Why did you bring MAF up?

Why are you calling MAF a distraction?

Except I never called MAF a distraction. You brought MAF up and called him a distraction.

I appreciate your attempts to try to deflect what you’ve said, but please do post when I brought MAF up and called him a distraction?

You’re trying to defend Jarry so much that you don’t even know what you’re saying when you’ve just posted your deflection to MAF.

Who’s on the trading block?

My Erieguy buzzword bingo game ended early with this post.

Bingo!!!!

MAF isn't a deflection, he is relevant because he was on the trading block in past summer and many wanted him back, and his is doing terribly in Chicago (awful team in front of him, granted).

Who is on the trading block? No one better than Jarry because teams don't trade league average goalies unless they have someone better to replace him. On that note, maybe Bob but his contract is untradable, especially for the Pens. Could the Pens have brought in struggling vet like Martin Jones with the hope he rebounds? Maybe, but far from a sure thing. For all the Jarry hate, I'd rather have him right now than MAF or Murray.

Old 11-05-2021, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
My Erieguy buzzword bingo game ended early with this post.

Bingo!!!!

MAF isn't a deflection, he is relevant because he was on the trading block in past summer and many wanted him back, and his is doing terribly in Chicago (awful team in front of him, granted).

Who is on the trading block? No one better than Jarry because teams don't trade league average goalies unless they have someone better to replace him. On that note, maybe Bob but his contract is untradable, especially for the Pens. Could the Pens have brought in struggling vet like Martin Jones with the hope he rebounds? Maybe, but far from a sure thing. For all the Jarry hate, I'd rather have him right now than MAF or Murray.
Lol. Except this isn’t the off-season and MAF wasn’t coming back even though some folks wanted him back.

Love the assumption of Jarry hate. Just because he folds under pressure doesn’t mean I hate him.

Old 11-05-2021, 09:55 PM

Hey, if you think MAF, who holds pretty much all Pens goalie records, is a 1st ballot HOFer, was on the block last summer after many people were disappointed with Jarry, if you don't think he is relevant to conversation, thats your deal at this point. Ultimately if you are going to say who is allowed to be part of this conversation, then by all means, what should have been done, or what could be done to upgrade at goal? I'd love to hear your ideas because I heard a lot of ideas over the past 6 months or so and if they had come to fruition, they would made the team much worse. Every goalie has had bad playoffs, it just stinks that it was his first playoffs. That won't the last chapter of his career.

Lets play GM. I don't think the Pens had a reasonable opportunity to upgrade at goal without significant very sacrifices elsewhere. You might disagree, and thats fine, but lets have it. What can be done?

On a side note, Hextall as a Pen still makes me feel weird.

Old 11-05-2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Hey, if you think MAF, who holds pretty much all Pens goalie records, is a 1st ballot HOFer, was on the block last summer after many people were disappointed with Jarry, if you don't think he is relevant to conversation, thats your deal at this point. Ultimately if you are going to say who is allowed to be part of this conversation, then by all means, what should have been done, or what could be done to upgrade at goal? I'd love to hear your ideas because I heard a lot of ideas over the past 6 months or so and if they had come to fruition, they would made the team much worse. Every goalie has had bad playoffs, it just stinks that it was his first playoffs. That won't the last chapter of his career.

Lets play GM. I don't think the Pens had a reasonable opportunity to upgrade at goal without significant very sacrifices elsewhere. You might disagree, and thats fine, but lets have it. What can be done?

On a side note, Hextall as a Pen still makes me feel weird.
Seriously hilarious. You’re the one who brought up MAF to deflect from Jarry having one of the worst playoff series the NHL has seen….and that’s his playoff chapter until he proves otherwise.

Unfortunately, not much can be done as no team is going to want him after that awful performance and the Pens are cap strapped. Best they can hope for is to acquire a goalie from a seller if they’re in the playoff hunt at the trade deadline. So it’s hurry up and wait and hope they’re a contender by then.

Old 11-05-2021, 10:49 PM

One of the worst series the NHL has ever seen? What? GTFO, you have lost all credibility, such as it was. You are as old as dirt, surely you've seen worse. Hell, there have been Pens performances that have been worse just in the last 10 years (2012 says hello).

Old 11-05-2021, 10:58 PM

Quote:
One of the worst series the NHL has ever seen? What? GTFO, you have lost all credibility, such as it was. You are as old as dirt, surely you've seen worse. Hell, there have been Pens performances that have been worse just in the last 10 years (2012 says hello).
It was a disgrace and the absolute reason they went out in the 1st round…and we’re talking about goalie performances, not team performances. This play was so bad it’s almost funny. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6038939

Lol at old as dirt, and you sound like the typical angry Philly fan.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-05-2021 at 11:08 PM..

Old 11-05-2021, 11:17 PM

Philly fan? Only Philly team I cheer for is Temple, my alum. My fandom should be unquestioned, I was analyzing Ian Moran's transition to defense while you were probably trying to find a bargin at Hills. Or was there a Caldor at Ross Park that preoccupied you? (ie, you old)

Sorry, saying Jarry's performance is somehow historically bad is a comment not worthy of retort. You've lost it, sleepy Erieguy (apparently that the appropriate ageist slang on the right, so I will use it).

Old 11-05-2021, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Philly fan? Only Philly team I cheer for is Temple, my alum. My fandom should be unquestioned, I was analyzing Ian Moran's transition to defense while you were probably trying to find a bargin at Hills. Or was there a Caldor at Ross Park that preoccupied you? (ie, you old)

Sorry, saying Jarry's performance is somehow historically bad is a comment not worthy of retort. You've lost it, sleepy Erieguy (apparently that the appropriate ageist slang on the right, so I will use it).
Temple? Yikes. No wonder you sound like the typical Philly fan.

It was horrendous and it lost them the series, but you homering Jarry after that performance shows delusion worthy of Sleepy Joe himself, so you should use that moniker.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-05-2021 at 11:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh