Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2022, 11:19 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
How many of those shots were high quality? Very few

This isn't just me, Errey mentioned it, as are the Bruins fans
https://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/...ffense-shutout
And Jarry has been playing much less than high quality. Still a good confidence builder for DeSmith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 06:37 PM

Untimely time to do it, but the team is going nowhere so he knows he won’t be missing out on a Cup run.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/pittsbur...urgh-penguins/

Old 04-29-2022, 07:39 PM

Pens dodge the Panthers and get the Rangers in the 1st round. I expect another 1st round exit, but hopefully they make a series out of it and look better than what we’ve seen down the stretch.

Old 04-29-2022, 07:44 PM

1,170 posts, read 590,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Pens dodge the Panthers and get the Rangers in the 1st round. I expect another 1st round exit, but hopefully they make a series out of it and look better than what we’ve seen down the stretch.
Agreed

I almost had a heart attack with Jake towards the end. I thought at first he went headfirst into the cross bar. Thankfully he is okay. I hope Zucker gets better soon, so Kapanen can sit.

Old 04-30-2022, 08:01 PM

Pens looking for their first playoff series win since 2018 and have only 3 wins in their last 16 postseason games. Safe to say the championship window is long closed, but hopefully they make a series out of it starting Tuesday against the Rangers.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:23 AM

Lots of speculation that Malkin and Letang won’t be resigned, and Madden has reported that Sid wants them kept in Pittsburgh. If Mario was 100% owner I’d wager he’d keep them together for old times sake, but their championship window is long closed. John Henry isn’t one with such low standards to accept first round exits. Malkin should’ve been traded years ago when he was worth something, and there’s also talks of him retiring. Could be watching the core 3 playing together for the last time.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:47 AM

The Penguins will not be doing a rebuild, stop fooling yourself. Sidney is 34 and still a point + per page player. If they rebuild, Sid will be retired by the time they are relevant again. That isn't what teams with a generational talent do, especially a team that is still a playoff team. If they starting missing the playoffs, that is another story but that hasn't happened yet. I can think of no team in any sport that was even in a remotely similar situation as the Pens and went into a rebuilt. They will ride this out. Maybe they do a retooling of sorts, like what Boston did a few years ago but a true rebuild means offloading players like Guentzel too, and I just don't see that happening.

As for Letang and Malkin, I still think the odds are they both come back, but it wouldn't surprise me if they both leave. But if they leave it won't be because the Pens aren't performing to John Henry's standards higher, that is ludicrous. That only makes sense if you think the Pens can upgrade over those two and that aint happening, not through free agency and certainly not through upcoming prospects.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:54 AM

Quote:
The Penguins will not be doing a rebuild, stop fooling yourself. Sidney is 34 and still a point + per page player. If they rebuild, Sid will be retired by the time they are relevant again. That isn't what teams with a generational talent do, especially a team that is still a playoff team. If they starting missing the playoffs, that is another story but that hasn't happened yet. I can think of no team in any sport that was even in a remotely similar situation as the Pens and went into a rebuilt. They will ride this out. Maybe they do a retooling of sorts, like what Boston did a few years ago but a true rebuild means offloading players like Guentzel too, and I just don't see that happening.

As for Letang and Malkin, I still think the odds are they both come back, but it wouldn't surprise me if they both leave. But if they leave it won't be because the Pens aren't performing to John Henry's standards higher, that is ludicrous. That only makes sense if you think the Pens can upgrade over those two and that aint happening, not through free agency and certainly not through upcoming prospects.
Indy is the one that said a team that has no chance of winning a championship should rebuild. I’m simply posting what’s being talked about regarding the core 3, and there’s no chance at winning a championship.

Half the league makes the playoffs. 1st round exits win nothing.

I’d wager your standards are much lower than John Henry’s, and if it was ludicrous then they’ll absolutely sign both of them. However, this team has zero chance of winning a championship anytime soon. They’re slow, stale, and clinging to relevancy.

Old 05-02-2022, 02:49 PM

I don't buy the premise that there is no chance. The Canadiens have been garbage for years and went on a miracle run last year. The old saying "thats why they play the games" applies here, and that is what makes sports fun. If that is "low standards", I'm cool with it.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I don't buy the premise that there is no chance. The Canadiens have been garbage for years and went on a miracle run last year. The old saying "thats why they play the games" applies here, and that is what makes sports fun. If that is "low standards", I'm cool with it.
Perhaps you’ve only watched the Pens and who they play and why you’re thinking they have a chance to to win the Cup, however, the championship window on this slow stale team is long closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh